Halo

    Share
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Halo

    Post by Chojin on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:52 pm

    There is a lot of hype about this film. It is based on Microsoft's signature trilogy. There are no details on when in the series it is set, but I'm sure it will be done justice.

    Peter "I don't need an editor" Jackson was originally attached to the film, but things have changed and I am unsure who will direct it. Peter Jackson is a long time Halo fan, so I trust that he would do a good job.

    More information will follow as I find them out.
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Halo

    Post by Chojin on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 pm

    This is a possible trailer for the upcomong Halo movie, and I must say that I am impressed with it.

    Battle at Crow's Nest

    I do have a few criticisms about it, but not enough to spoil the moment.

    More trailers will follow once I find them again.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Halo

    Post by Fizzie on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:45 pm

    Chojin wrote:This is a possible trailer for the upcomong Halo movie, and I must say that I am impressed with it.

    Battle at Crow's Nest

    I do have a few criticisms about it, but not enough to spoil the moment.

    More trailers will follow once I find them again.

    Isn't that a trailer for the Halo 3 game and not actually the movie?


    _________________
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Halo

    Post by Chojin on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 am

    No, it's not a trailer for the game, that would be done completely in CG. It might not be a trailer for the film, but it does show you the sort of things that we can expect to see, at the very least.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Halo

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:39 am

    Chojin wrote:No, it's not a trailer for the game, that would be done completely in CG. It might not be a trailer for the film, but it does show you the sort of things that we can expect to see, at the very least.

    Actually, Halo 3 has live-action trailers, and this is apparently one of them.

    Sorry, hun. ^^;

    Though it has been said somewhere that the guy who directs the game trailers is directing the movie. But I can't say for sure if that's true or not.


    _________________
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Halo

    Post by Chojin on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:23 am

    I'm going to have to disagree with you, Io've played and completed Halo 3 many times, I've seen every FMV, every trailer, and none of them are live action.

    The trailer I posted would be at the beginning of the game, but at the beginning of the game, the FMV is at night, you're looking at the sky with Cortana doing a voice over. After a few moments, you see what appears to be a shooting star but it soon becomes apparent that it is, indeed, High Charity (the ship Master Chief escapes from Installation 04 on). A few moments later, you see a secondary object plummeting towards the ground just below it....

    I won't walk you through the entire opening sequence. One thing I will say is that the opening sequence of the game is set at night. The trailer I posted is set in the day. A possible continuity error between game and film, perhaps.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Halo

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:40 am

    Chojin wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with you, Io've played and completed Halo 3 many times, I've seen every FMV, every trailer, and none of them are live action.

    The trailer I posted would be at the beginning of the game, but at the beginning of the game, the FMV is at night, you're looking at the sky with Cortana doing a voice over. After a few moments, you see what appears to be a shooting star but it soon becomes apparent that it is, indeed, High Charity (the ship Master Chief escapes from Installation 04 on). A few moments later, you see a secondary object plummeting towards the ground just below it....

    I won't walk you through the entire opening sequence. One thing I will say is that the opening sequence of the game is set at night. The trailer I posted is set in the day. A possible continuity error between game and film, perhaps.

    I think you missed a trailer or two then as I've been told (and shown) by other people that they have live-action ones. And I double checked Wikipedia, which confirmed it also.

    The title of the video you posted even states it's from the game Halo 3, and from the level known as Crow's Nest.


    _________________
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Halo

    Post by Chojin on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 pm

    Crow's Nest is not the name of the level, it is the name of the base. The trailer here would be set before the beginning of the game because right near the end, you see the Master Cheif plummeting towards the ground like you did in the game.

    If you can prove to me that there are live action trailers in Halo 3, I'll put my hands up and admit I was wrong, but until then I stand by my claim.

    I know I haven't missed any FMVs, unless you're talking about the extra FMV right at the end of the game after you complete it on Legendary, because I don't skip anything. I like to know the full story, not just fragments.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Halo

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 pm

    Chojin wrote:Crow's Nest is not the name of the level, it is the name of the base. The trailer here would be set before the beginning of the game because right near the end, you see the Master Cheif plummeting towards the ground like you did in the game.

    If you can prove to me that there are live action trailers in Halo 3, I'll put my hands up and admit I was wrong, but until then I stand by my claim.

    I know I haven't missed any FMVs, unless you're talking about the extra FMV right at the end of the game after you complete it on Legendary, because I don't skip anything. I like to know the full story, not just fragments.

    Nuh, I'm talking about the trailers they used for marketing purposes which were of all kinds of media, including live action.

    To quote Wiki:

    Various marketing techniques have been employed in promoting the release of Halo 3. This has included various trailers of the game; real-time cinematics, recorded gameplay sequences, pre-rendered CGI, and even live action film.

    Also, the movie (so far) only has the title "Halo", not Halo 3 or Battle At Crow's Nest, which is what this videos title is: "Halo 3 battle at crow's nest real action".


    _________________
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Halo

    Post by Chojin on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:55 pm

    Ah, then this is where the confusion lies, lol. I was under the impression you meant that some of the trailers, in game, where live action. I only found this trailer in the last couple of months, Halo 3 came out on Wednesday 26th of September last year.

    I'm always on Youtube, searching for some decent multiplayer videos of Halo 3, so I can get a sense of what tactics people use for when I get online. It was during one of my YT sessions that I came across this trailer.
    avatar
    Species
    Level: Rookie
    Level: Rookie

    Gender : Male
    Posts : 697
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Halo

    Post by Species on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 am

    the trailer does look pretty good, but to me it a concept trailer that wont have anything to do with the movie. which no doubt will go the same way as other games to movie films go *suck*

    Sponsored content

    Re: Halo

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:33 am