Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Final Fantasy

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Final Fantasy Empty Final Fantasy

Post by Fizzie Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:58 am

Final Fantasy FfVII01

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, so I thought I'd make a topic for discussions of all the games.

Have fun!!

Last edited by Kitai on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Final Fantasy Empty Re: Final Fantasy

Post by Chojin Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:45 am

No forum is complete without the obligatory FF discussions thread, lol.

My favourite FF will always be FFVII, and I still remember practically everything from how to get Great Gospel to breeding a Golden Chocobo and getting the KOTR summon ^_^

Last edited by Chojin on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oxide
    Oxide

Name : Jeff

Post by Oxide Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:23 am

Yeah VII will always be the best IMO. I like the later games too but VII is just epic.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:57 am

So much more in depth, isn't it. I like a FF that takes hours upon hours to complete. I remember I completed FFVIII, and get everyone up to level 100, in a quicker time than I completed disc 1 of FFVII, but that might have been because I was messing about on FFVII, training and stuff like that
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:16 am

I still love loading-up my last save-point and heading on down to kick the crap of Sephiroth once again! =p
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:47 am

My last save, after restarting, is outside of Rocket town, with just the Temple with the Black Materia in it to go before I lose Aeris. I started this one so I could see what Great Gospel is like. I have the Limit Break Manual, but I can't use it yet.
    Oxide
    Oxide

Post by Oxide Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:06 am

She sucks. Let 'er die!!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 am

I know she does, but I can't really maintain the fact that I know it inside and out if I don't see Great Gospel
    Oxide
    Oxide

Post by Oxide Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:16 am

Am I right in remembering that there's something you're meant to get or do with Aeris but you actually can't because by the time you have what you need to get to a certain place she's already dead?
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 am

Not to get Great Gospel. After Aeris' death, there is nothing that she is needed, not in the PAL or NTSC version of the game. In the Japanese version, there were two versions of the script after her death; one where she was resurrected and where where she wasn't. This did affect the later events. According to some sites, this was proved to be the result of game hacking on the PC version, however, I am unsure of this myself. Perhaps I'll track down the PC version and test it out for myself; or even the Japanese version.

There were rumours that she could be revived in the PAL and NTSC version, the developers removed it due to time constraints, I think the reason was. Either that or they thought that us Westerners lacked the patience to wait to complete the game with her.

But don't quote me on that...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:54 am

*bump*

Because it's Final Fantasy and it shouldn't die ^_^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:55 am

Chojin wrote:*bump*

Because it's Final Fantasy and it shouldn't die ^_^

I'll second that!! =D
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 am

And because we were just talking about it... kinda, lol
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 pm

So excited!! Final Fantasy XIII comes out very soon and I've had it on preorder!! Can't wait!! X3
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I saw an advert for FFXIII last night, for the first time, and I want it >_<
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Very disappointing that they've taken out the victory theme though. Square really are shooting themselves in the foot. They seem to be slowly taking away everything that makes Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy.

They took away the victory theme in X-2, changed the battle system completely in XII, and now both those changes seems to be in XIII.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks awesome and I'm sooo excited. But it's the little things that make it Final Fantasy. And when you take those out, you're just left with a game that could quite easily go by any other name.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 am

You just know you'll be singing it outloud, anyway; even if it's just to make it feel more like a FF Wink

If there are no Chocobo and no Cid (or variation thereof), then it's no longer a FF game, in my opinion.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Chojin wrote:You just know you'll be singing it outloud, anyway

You know me far too well. >_>

Squeeeee!! Just saw the ad for it on TV!! Can't wait!!

And if I'm lucky, as I always am with Play, I'll end-up getting it before it's official release date. XD
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:00 am

I really should've started my complete FF playthrough when I said I was going to, I might've been ready for FFXIII. I wish I had the money for it, I'd order it right now, if I could ¬_¬
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:13 am

I've really gotta kick my ass into gear and finish as much of AvP and BH as I can before FFXIII arrives. XD

Hoping, as always, that this game is as epic as it looks. If I can't play through it twice without getting bored; it fails. Coz I always have to play it through at least twice - first time alone, and second time with a walkthrough to make sure I experiance every part of the game.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:41 am

I'm alright for now, but once I get hold of FFXIII, you probably won't be able to gontact me for love nor money for a while. With it being on XB360, there's going to be loads of achievements; and you could say I'm a bit of an achievement wh**e
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 am

Wheeeee!!

Loving it!! It's so pweetty!! And the voice acting's great!!

And, much to my happieness, turn base system is restored!! Yays!! But, so far, you only seem to have control over one character during battle. The rest act on their own.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 am

I'm on Chapter 3 at the moment, with almost 5 hours of game play. So, without spoilers, here's how things are going so far...

I'm really enjoying it!! As with all Final Fantasys, there's alot to learn. But everything's laid out in short tutorials as and when you need them. And it's all very easy to understand and master if you're used to playing Final Fantasy games. I'm not entirely sure how anyone else would find it, but it's probably almost as easy, seeing as you have to learn new things with any game you play really.

Leveling up your abilities in the Crystarium, is very pretty, and very similar to Final Fantasy X's Sphere Grid system - which I love!! =D

But it limits you to how far you can go, depending on where you are in the game. So it doesn't just through you in at the deep-end and expect you to plan everything according (like with the Sphere Grid - though I didn't mind that at all and I started with the Expert Grid from the get-go - lol).

The game as a whole feels the smoothest of all the Final Fantasys I've played.

But the loss of the Victory Theme does irk me, and the little jingle they've replaced it with is... well, rubbish. If they were gonna have a jingle at all, why not stick with what we all know and love?

To an outsider, it's just a jingle. But to us Final Fantasy lovers, it's a must. And it's one of the little things that keeps it a Final Fantasy. So, with that missing, it's already broken itself into not feeling quite like a Final Fantasy.

The battle system is great, dispite the fact that, again, it doesn't quite feel like a Final Fantasy, as you only have one character's action to really worry about (aside from mainly keeping an eye on if you need to switch Paradigms when you need a medic in your team). But, saying that, there is so much going on and everything plays so fast and smoothly, that it's probably a good thing you only need to worry about one character most of the time.

The other times, however, you do feel slightly bored. Which brings me to the level of difficulty in this game thus far... it's easy. I've yet to have any problems, and I've never been killed.

Mentioning death though, it's kind of annoying that if Lightning dies; it's Game Over. Why? In all the other Final Fantasy games, it doesn't matter if a character dies as long as you still have at least one other alive on your team. So why the change? Once again, just another little thing that takes away from the Final Fantasy feeling.

Oh, I forgot to explain Paradigm. It's basically a job change system. You get two sets to start with, and you may get more later (I'm not sure yet), but you also have the option of making new ones yourself... though they are limited to whatever the system chooses for you anyway. Once you know what the different jobs do, it's pretty easy to judge which are best for you during certain battles, and you can switch back and fourth as many times as you like/need during battles.

Also, as I mentioned, this game is easy so far and I've no need to train/grind yet. But I've been doing it just now anyways to build up CP (Crystogen Points), and max-out my characters (as far as they can go at this stage in the game anyways) in each of their jobs.

What else... Summons (known as Eidolons)!! I've not come across any yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Unfortunatly though, there aren't many in this game anyways. One per character, apparently. But I might be wrong. I haven't checked my guide (coz I like to complete games all on my own the first time round, before then using a guide the second time, so that I get the most of the games).

Characters!! They're pretty cool and I love the designs... except that Lightning looks too much like Cloud, and Hope looks too much like Vaan.

Lightning's also permantly stuck in an attitude problem at the moment too. She has her reasons to be kinda emo right now (which I won't mention), but her personality is very 2D thus far. You get a glimps into other sides of her, but that's all. Well, for now anyways. It's still early on in the game and hopefully she'll develop as the story continues and we get to know everyone better. And she is awesome to use.

Snow's pretty damn cool. He knows what he wants and he's prepared to fight for it. He has his own reasons to be emo, but he's not. Though you do feel for him and, seeing as you don't really know the truth from the myth right now, you wonder if everything he's resting his hopes on might turn out to be a lie and tear him apart emotionally later in the game.

Sazh is kinda cool. And he has a little chocobo chick that lives in his afro. XD So awesome!! He seems to be caught-up in something he wasn't prepared for, and his character is played perfectly. But he does seem like a lesser character right now, and if I had all the characters together at the same time (very rare right now), he may not be one I'd chose for my main line-up.

Vanille is the obvious Rikku replacement, but she is sooo cute when you first meet her!! Her accent seems to be a mix of Australian, British, and American. It's so confusing. Lol!! But it actually makes her all the cuter... until her accent actually starts to switch. o_O

Hope is a whiney little emo p*ssy. Sorry, but that's how he is right now. XD He's got a problem with Snow (which you could see coming a mile-off), so he's being an ass. But right from the start, he's a little p*ssy. Now, I don't expect any little kid to jump into battle, but this is Final Fantasy... why put him in the party if he's just gonna useless and annoying? And he is pretty useless right now. I only use him if I have to. And by that I mean, when the games makes me!!

The only other character is Fang, and we haven't officially met her yet (you see her at the bar in one of the cut-scenes, and apparently in a few other places later on as well).

And that just about does it for now, I guess. Lemme know if there's anything I missed or anything you wanna know and I'll tell you what I can based on where I am in the game. ^^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 am

Update:

Just aquired Shiva... and it was stupidly easy. There's a trick to beating each Eidolon (well, a few tricks). You just have to figure out what works best for which Eidolon, and do it before your Doom Curse kills you. XD

And got another glimps into Lightning's less moody self during a recent cut scene. Yay!! She's much more likable when she's not being moody. XP

I'm also on Chapter 4 now. Hehe!!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:11 am

Update:

Still on Chapter 4, with almost 8 hours of game play so far. Not much grinding, but I've got new skills to learn, so I'm gonna try grind for abit when I find a good spot for respawning enemies.

Lightning's alot more likable now we get to see more character. She's not so 2D anymore. =)

Hope's not as whiney, but he's not much use either.

I'm now stuck with him on my team... just him. And Lightning of course. But as the enemies are starting to get stronger, he's the last person I want on my team.

Vanille's showing more than just her straight forward positivity now too. There's alot more going on in her head than she lets on. Even from her narative, you can get that. But now it's coming out more in her expressions too. =)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 pm