Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Lolz
Oxide
Fizzie
Species
Chojin
9 posters

Discussion - TMNT: New Beginnings

Lolz
    Lolz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

Name : Lucy

Discussion - TMNT: New Beginnings - Page 6 Empty Re: Discussion - TMNT: New Beginnings

Post by Lolz Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:23 am

My interview With Kitai About TMNT: New Beginnings:

Somewhere in a secret location I met with Kitai writer of TMNT: New Beginnings, and Creator and Administrator of Nexus Beach.

First of all, what inspired you to begin a fanfic in the first place and why did you choose to do it about TMNT?

I'm a total daydreamer! I've always loved TMNT, and I've always had ideas floating around in my head about them. I've dabbled in fanfiction before, but only very briefly, and it was all lost when my old hard drive died. My imagination is the most over-active of anyone I know, and writing gives me a chance to kinda live those dreams, and allow others to live them too.

How did you come up with Nicolosa?

Nicolosa has been my original TMNT character since the 80's cartoon show. She came into being way before Mona Lisa, and way, way, way before Venus DeMilo. Though, Nicolosa's original name was actually Venus. Hehe!! Nicolosa came into my head pretty much instantly one day and she's been there ever since.

So you’re a fan of the old 80’s cartoon series. What do you think of the movies and series’ that followed?

Ooo, well, as far as movies go, I love The Movie, and The Secret Of The Ooze, and of course, the latest, TMNT. Turtles In Time (and it pains me to mention that) was terrible. They butchered our beloved Turtles.

Series? Well, The Next Mutation was... horrible. I actually caught sight of it by accident once and I just couldn't believe what they'd done (yet again) to our beloved Turtles.

The newer cartoons series, which started in 2003, has been kind of a let-down. They look fat and awkward, and Splinter sounds more Indian than Japanese, and his voice actor has put no emotion into his line what-so-ever. Having said that, it has grown on me, but only really because I need a TMNT fix, and Michelangelo is hilarious!!

Who have your favourite characters been in those different incarnations?

Michelangelo. Always, always Michelangelo. He makes me laugh so much, and he's so cute!! He's just made of awesome!!

Who is your favourite character to write?

That's a tough one. There are so many. Michelangelo, Nicolosa, Donatello, and Raphael, I think. Michelangelo and Nicolosa, for obvious reasons. They're great fun and I like showing the different sides to them. Donatello is so cool to write because he just gives-off this warmth somehow. And he's so clever. Raphael is interesting to write. Outwardly he always seems very angry, and he does have stuff that builds-up inside him (as we all know), but he's fiersly protective of his family, and cares much more than he lets on.

Who is the hardest character to write?

At the moment, probably Casey and April because I didn't really want them in the story too much. I wanted it to be more about the mutants.

Who are you favourite character pairings or interactions to write?

I had this question in a Meme recently. Hehe!! Um...

Michelangelo and Nicolosa - Because these two are just a couple of goofs and they're so much fun to write. They're usually bouncy and quite often manage to get themselves into trouble too. I'm usually smiling or giggling away to myself when I write for these guys. But there's also much more to the two of them and their deeper personalities, so it's nice to write the more serious parts with these two as well.

Raphael and Michelangelo - Because they're pretty funny. Michelangelo tends to torment Raphael, and Raphael usually resorts to physical (but playful) violence to put his little brother firmly back in his place. So those scenes are great fun to write too.

Donatello and Michelangelo / Nicolosa - Because he's a very warm character, I think. I like writing him with most with Michelangelo and/or Nicolosa. Those two seem to be the closest to him and there's just something about Donatello that makes me think of him as probably the best brother for Michelangelo.

There are more, I think that'll do coz I could be here forever (also, one is a major spoiler, so I can't add it)!! XD

Do you think you’ve done a good job of keeping the characters “in character” and believable?

I've been told I have. And yeah, I guess I do think I have too. As I said, I'm a huge daydreamer, and I fantasize scenes before writing them. They're always in character in my head, so I go with that. I'd never write them saying or doing anything that I couldn't imagine them doing.

Going back to Michelangelo and Nicolosa, will anything actually come of their feelings for one another?

Ooo, what can I say without giving too much away? Hehe!! Well, obviously, I'd like something to come of them. But who knows. If it happens in my head, it'll happen in the story. There's alot there between them, but they're both fun lovers and adding complications to their lives might seem a little scarey.

How did you chose which weapons Nicolosa would use?

She'd always used nunchucku. Why change now? Hehe!! They suit her personality too, I think.

We’ve recently found out about some of the events of her past, but will we ever get the full story?

I'm not sure. There's no laws about memory loss. She may get them back, she may not. I really don't know at the moment.

And is she going to stay with the Turtles indefinatly?

I hope so!!

You recently added a character from the old 80’s cartoon series (Mona Lisa). Will we be seeing any more familiar faces?

It's an idea I've been toying with, but we'll have to wait and see. I think it'd be kinda fun.

Speaking of Mona, we know she was shown as potential love interest for Raphael when she appeared in the 80’s cartoon, is/will her role be the same in TMNT:NB?

Now that would be telling. So far, he doesn't exactly trust her. And she kinda drives him up-the-wall. But who knows?

And will she be staying with the Turtles indefinatly?

I'm not sure, but I doubt it.

I’m sure all the readers are dying to know: will The Shredder be making a return?

Hahaha!! Now that's a secret I definatly can't give away!!

And how is the writing going at the moment?

Great!! I'm loving it!!

Do you find writing easy?

Kinda. Sometimes I daydream a chapter before even starting to write, and sometimes I daydream it as I'm writing. So I guess, yeah, I do find it easy most of the time.

Have you written anything else before this?

Songs mostly. And I roleplay, which is always great fun! I had written a good chunk of an Ouran High School Host Club fanfiction before my old hard drive went. I was pretty happy with how that was going, but now it's lost. *sob*

Are you writing anything else at the moment?

No. I'm concentrating on this (and lightly roleplaying). I'd like to start my Ouran High School Host Club fanfiction again sometime though.

You also draw. Have you thought about putting TMNT:NB into comic form?

Yeah. I'd love to - if I was good enough.

Are there any special reasons you added things such as Rock Band, Transformers, and other game, movie and song titles in to the fic?

Coz they're awesome!! Alright, alright. It's also because things feel more real that way. Rather than describing something just as a "game", or something, when you put a name to it, people can identify more. I also think what games and movies they like reflicts their personlities.

Do you read much fanfiction yourself?

Yep. I never used to be a huge fan fic reader because I sometimes fear what kind of a mess people might make out of my favourite characters. But I have started venturing-out and giving things a chance. Afterall, if I find I don't like a fic, then I can always stop reading it and pretend it never existed.

I read anything that sparks my interest. I have many fandoms, and I am drawn to my favourite pairings. I don't like unhappy endings though. I know some people might think that's silly; but that's just how I am.

What are you enjoying most and least about writing this?

I'm enjoying letting my imagination run wild, for a start. It's pretty untamed anyways, but it's getting an even better work-out now. Hehe!! And I'm loving that others are enjoying my story. I don't think there's anything I'm not liking about doing this.

Is there anything you’d like to change?

Nah. Oh, possibly the title. I mean, I know it's not TMNT without the "T", but I'd probably change it to MNT. Or just Ninja Turtles, coz that sounds better than MNT.

Interesting, considering this next question: as you’re probably aware, there have been discussions between the readers about what age group you see the Turtles to be in during your fic. Can you shed any light on this?

Well, I leave that open to everyone to decide themselves. But me, I see them as in their twenties. And, let's face it, realistically they'd be nearly 40 now!! But yeah, twenties, in my mind.

Rumour has it that the end is in sight. Is this true?

I really don't know. I've never had a full "final chapter" in-mind, but I did have an idea of an ending. For a little while, I thought that ending may be on it's way now, but I don't think it is. Not for a while yet.

So is there a sequel planned?

Hehehe!! Yep.

I also read that you might be making a Christmas special. Is there any more news on this?

Nope. I'd like to do it. That, or a Christmas drawing. But I need to think about it and plan it more.

Do you have any ideas for any other specials?

I'd like to do a Halloween one, but I don't think I've got time right now as I'm concentrating on the main story. Possibly a Valentine's one next year. And maybe a Birthday one around the time of their 25th Anniversary.

What do you think about cross over stories?

I dunno really. I guess it depends what the cross-overs are, and how well they're written.

Will you be writing any?

Possibly. Ever since a weird dream I had, I've been thinking about writing a TMNT/A (Aliens) story, just for the fun of it. And possibly a TMNT/JP (Jurassic Park) one too, again, just for fun. But we'll see.

Are you looking forward to the 25th Anniversary of the TMNT?

Shell yeah!!

Any plans of celebration for the occation?

Not as yet, but there will definatly be shellebrations!!

Finally, do you have any “last words” as we bring this interview to a close?

Cowabunga!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Discussion - TMNT: New Beginnings - Page 6 Empty Re: Discussion - TMNT: New Beginnings

Post by Chojin Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:47 am

I'm liking the next part, can't wait to read more ^_^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:57 am

Chojin wrote:I'm liking the next part, can't wait to read more ^_^

Awesome!!

Glad you're still enjoying it!!

^_^
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:21 am

Of course I'm still enjoying it, lol
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 am

Chojin wrote:Of course I'm still enjoying it, lol

^_^

Well, y'know. You write alot too, so you must know what it's like when you get a chapter every-so-often that you're not is as good as the rest and you worry a little bit.

^_^'
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:28 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. I worry about every chapter I write, especially that last one, lol
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:30 am

I keep meaning to write more, but then I get distracted by, well, pretty much everything! Hehe!!

I'll write more tonight though coz I really gotta get these ideas outta my head and onto my computer.

^_^'
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:46 am

I know the feeling. I'm getting distracted by anything and ev.... oooh shiney ^_^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 am

Chojin wrote:I know the feeling. I'm getting distracted by anything and ev.... oooh shiney ^_^

Shiney!? O_O Share!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 pm

Wait... what?

Oh yeah, ficcin'

I'm getting distracted by everything tonight, I just can't seem to focus on what I am doing.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:02 am

I finally got some writing done lastnight!!

It was fun!!

=D
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:23 am

That's good.

Roll on... oh wait, Saturday's tomorrow ^_^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:24 am

Chojin wrote:That's good.

Roll on... oh wait, Saturday's tomorrow ^_^

Hehehe!! Yep!! ^_^
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:27 am

Good good, I can't wait
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:47 am

O_O wtf, who...? What...? Where...? Why...? When...? Huh...!?

What happened to Nik? I know she's missing, the guys need to save her.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:57 am

I couldn't update TMNT: New Beginnings this weekend because of my head being all over the place with what's been going on. I don't wanna post the next chapter without having a clear head to proof read it. So rather than just post it and hope for the best, I decided to hold it back until I can sit down and check it through properly. Sorry guys.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 am

I had wondered why there wasn't a new chapter. It's understandable, as well.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:37 pm

Chojin wrote:I had wondered why there wasn't a new chapter. It's understandable, as well.

I'll have the next one up as soon as possible. ^_^'
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:53 pm

That's cool, no rush
    Kifu
    Kifu
    Level: Rookie
    Level: Rookie

Post by Kifu Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:16 am

Yeah... I noticed there wasn't an update on our favorite TMNT Fanfic. Hehe.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:20 am

Shocked

Still no update for TMNT: NB!?
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:21 am

Chojin wrote:Shocked

Still no update for TMNT: NB!?

I know... ;_;

I'm sorry. I'm hoping to get something done tonight. Otherwise, it'll have to wait 'til the New Year.

I've just been distracted with lots of other things.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 am

I'll make a deal with you, when you carry on with yours, I'll carry one with mine. Fair?
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:29 am

Chojin wrote:I'll make a deal with you, when you carry on with yours, I'll carry one with mine. Fair?

But you're more behind in yours than I am with mine!! XD

I do really wanna get this going again though. I miss writing it.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 am

So do I. I'm going to make it part of my New Years Resolution to do more TMNT writing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm