Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[FanFic] TMNT: Untitled

Kifu
    Kifu
    Level: Rookie

[FanFic] TMNT: Untitled Empty [FanFic] TMNT: Untitled

Post by Kifu Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:53 am

Chapter One

As far as any New Yorker could tell, it was a beautiful day. The sun shone above their heads without any clouds blocking its brilliant rays. Time was plentiful for the police. But, most of all, the temperature was impeccable.

Unfortunately, a citizen who lived below ground couldn't agree. His name was Donatello. Donatello was far from normal. He doesn't have a last name, but even more, he wasn't human. He was what you call a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Donatello's brother, Raphael, was training with him. From a distance, their sensei Splinter was watching. Donatello, at that point, was playing defense.

"Raphael, move faster!" Splinter informed Raph. Raphael grunted in acknowledgement, and then swung his fist at Don't head. His knuckles connected with nothing. Frustrated, Raph tried again, but Don danced out of his way.

"Concentrate, Raphael," Splinter shouted.

With mounting annoyance, Raphael howled and kick out at his brother with all his might. He only succeeded at falling down when Donatello pushed off his back. While on the ground, Raph saw a tool, instict told him which could be used to his advantage. Forgetting to think, he picked up a metal bar and swung it at his brother's head. Don saw it coming, gaped at it, and tried to block the heavy object with his forearms. His reaction was a fraction too slow.

The mass and momentum of the bar carried it into Don't wrist and into the side of his head. Don's head was forced backward, taking his body with it. Donatello fell in a heap o the floor.

Splinter moved to help his fallen son. Raphael dropped the bar and grabbed his sai. His head filled only with rage, he drove the dull dagger into Splinter's arm and into the stone wall.

Only then did Raphael notice what he did. His eyes went wide and his mouth agape. From it a moan escaped. Sure, Raphael was known to be hot-tempered and act on impulse, think later, but he now knew that this was his worst mistake.

The rat squeezed his eyes shut, letting tears fall down his cheeks. Teeth gritted together, Splinter suppressed his cries of pain. When he opened his blurry eyes, Raphael had vanished.

Raphael's sai still pinned Splinter to the wall. Wishing to aid his son, Splinter grasped the sai's handle and yanked it free. The movement cause acute pain, and blood tumbled from the hole onto the floor. Splinter let out a short howl and stumbled over to Donatello.

As soon as the steel impacted into Don's head, he was out. Lucky for him, his neck had snapped backwards, rejecting the bar to imbed itself into his brain. But, the wound gushed blood. Splinter hardly had a cllue how to stop so much from leaving the turtle's body.

Donatello's wrist wasn't in the best shape, either. The wrist wasn't exactly what had snapped, but the two bones connecting the hand to the rest of the arm. The call was so close, though, it was hard to tell. Fortunately, Donatello wasn't externally bleeding from there. But already it was swelling.

Just as Splinter pressed a clean, white pillow against Donatello's head wound, Leonardo and Michelangelo arrived from up top. Both looked exhausted with heavy eyelids, until they saw the aftermath before them.

Leonardo instantly forgot his report about the strange Foot and Purple Dragon patterns and rushed to help his master and brother.

"Master Splinter, what happened?" he cried.

Splinter only shook his head and pointed to the crism-bladed sai. Instantly, Leonardo stiffened and grew angry. His hands were clenched into fists and sparks flew from his eyes. Before he could jump to his feet, Splinter placed his hand onto his shoulder. He passed a meaningful look to his eldest, saying that Raphael, too, was his brother, and that, like Donatello, he deserved sympathy, not revenge. Leonardo, being emotionally closest to his master, relaxed a little and nodded. Then, without a glance backwards, he left to hunt down Raphael.

In the meantime, Michelangelo, confused, looked back and forth between Splinter and Leo and Don. It appeared to him that Donatello didn't look to comfortable.

"Uh, Master Splinter? Shouldn't we move Donnie to a couch or bed or something? I mean, he looks awfully uncomfie on the floor there."

"That may be a good idea, Michelangelo. Why don't you help me move him. And be careful."

Michelangelo's posture waned for a second. For him, it was hard to keep his mouth shut. Sometimes, he payed. Before Splinter noticed, he straightened his shoulders and helped lug his brother over onto the couch.

Splinter removed Donatello's blood-soaked mask from his head, set aside his bo and cut the fabric from around his swollen wrist. Fetching a rag and a bucket of hot water, he left Mike alone with his battered son. Michelangelo didn't like the idea of staying alone with Don. Mike was a bit squeamish.

Soon, Splinter returned and set to work on cleaning up the bloody mess. Already he had bandaged himself.
    Kifu
    Kifu

[FanFic] TMNT: Untitled Empty Re: [FanFic] TMNT: Untitled

Post by Kifu Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:13 am

Okay... I've got more. And I really want to post them, but I'll be evil and post them only every Friday. Hehe.
    Kifu
    Kifu

Post by Kifu Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:55 am

Except today... I've got to post Chapter Two.

Chapter Two

Raphael ran through the sewers, putting as much distance between him and his beloved father. His temper would be the destruction to himself, he thought grimly. Not only that, but to Splinter and his brothers, too.

Struggling to control his emotions, Raphael climbed a ladder to the topside. As soon as he moved the manhole cover to the side, and lifted his body from the sewers, he froze. Before him, a gang of Foot Soldiers waited. Raphael swiftly tried to retreat, but the men had a hold of him first. He struggled to free himself from their grasp, but they had strength in numbers.

Leonardo agrily swept the sewers for his missing brother. Several times he thought he heard Raphael, but it always turned out to be something else. Every now and again he saw foot tracks in the grime, so he knew he was on the right trail.

About twenty minutes into his search, Leonardo no longer saw disturbed slime. He puzzled over it for a second, then doubled back. He retreated to the last place he saw the mutant footprints, but he confused hard evidence with his own prints. Leo searched for a way Raph could have gone.

Withing seconds, Leonardo found Raphael's escape. He quickly climbed the ladder through the open hole. Once his feet touch solid cement, he looked around.

Leonardo had no idea what Raph was thinking, but it seemed weird to him that he left a manhole uncovered. Confused, he slid the grid back over the abyss. Leo didn't care of Raph knew he was following him. Besides, Raphael had done a terrible deed.

"Raphael?" Leonardo called out calmly. Leo listened, but heard no response. Why would Raph give his position away so easily, anyway? Leo couldn't come up with an answer.

Hoping he could get a better veiew, Leonardo climbed a fire escape to the rooftops. After a quick scan there wasn't any sign that Raph had even been up here.

Getting ever more frustrated, Leo scanned the buildings and alleyways on the block. Not once did he find a clue to what happened.

Just before he was going to head back to the lair, he decided to search the first alley again. He discovered nothing new.

Sighing, Leonardo lifted the manhole cover and began home.

While taking their prisoner home, the Foot celebrated their amazing victory. Earlier the hadn't any intentions to capture any of the meddlesome terrapins, but when one appeared, they quickly revised their plans. Indeed, the Shredder would be pleased.

As soon as Raphael was grabbed from the streets, he was bound up. He hadn't a clue how the Foot had of known he'd end up there, but he didn't like it. Then again, when did he never dislike something?

No matter how much he hated it, the Foot had easily over-powered him and left him unable to fight. Of course, if he had been thinking, this might have never happened. Today just wasn't Raph's day.

Once Leonardo arrived back at the lair, Splinter look up from his meditation near Donnie. When he saw Leonardo was alone, he sighed and rose to his feet.

"Leonardo, my son, you must be patient and give him time. Raphael just needs time to cool off," Splinter soothed.

But Leo could not be calmed. "He hurt you, Master Splinter!" he shouted. "He... he.... Look at what he did!" Leonardo spread his arms wide and glanced painfully to Donatello.

"Yes, I know. But all must be forgiven."

Leo turned away, downtrodden. "I don't think I can," he whispered. There he left Splinter, alone with his own worries.

Michelangelo, who had been watching from his doorway, ducked as Leo passed. He stared after him, for a while, then pushed aside a pile of comics on his bed. Afraid of what was becoming, he fell into a fitful sleep.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:17 pm

I wanna read more
    Kifu
    Kifu

Post by Kifu Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 am

Sorry if I'm not very consistant with this, guys. I've got other things on my mind.

Chapter Three

Leonardo, after a much needed nap, relieve Splinter of Don-duty around 3am. At first Splinter argued that he should be around for his son, but Leo was right. No matter how much Splinter denied it, he needed rest too. Finally, he complied and fell fast asleep.

Because Leo had plenty of time on his hands, he had time to mull over this situation:

Donnie was temporarily, perhaps even permanently, out of the game. Raphael ran away from responsibility, after taking out his brother. Michelangelo was, well, Michelangelo and Splinter must be worried to death. Leonardo felt as if he must shoulder the problems of the family. The ones that deserved the lift, at least.

Michelangelo, who had been woken by a bad dream, peeked out his door. He saw his eldest brother bowed over his sickly brother. Even from this distance, Mike saw tears leaking from Leo's eyes. Mike didn't like depression. He like to live life at its fullest.

Turning back to his room, Mike grabbed his skateboard and snuck into the sewers, trying to distance himself from the grim reality of life. Once he knew he was out of earshot, he whooped and began to enjoy himself.

Hours later, back in the lair, Splinter woke to relieve Leonardo. "Leonardo, my son," he began. Instantly Leo was to his feet, alert. "Perhaps April would be able to aid ou in your search for Raphael," hinted Splinter.

Splinter hit a soft spot, and Leo flared. "Why?" he spat. "Why should be waste our time looking for him? We have better things to worry about here. Besides, we're probably better off without him."

"Raphael is you brother, Leonardo." Inside, Splinter was dishearted by his son's blinded anger. "Everyone makes mistakes. And I do recall you having anger issues yourself." Splinter hoped pulling Leonardo into guilt might help. "Raphael, your family, has always been there for you in your times of confusion, recovery and difficulty." Leonardo winced. "We are all connected to eachother, and are strongest when we use these bonds to our advantage. Now," he said softly. Splinter was sure he'd gotten through. "Raphael needs your help. Be a guiding light for him in his plight through darkness. Call April and see if she could help you in yours search for Raphael." This wasn't a request, but a demand.

Leonardo bowed and muttered, "Yes, Master Splinter." Slowly, Leo walked over to where he left his shell-cell and let his sensei's words sink in. Grimacing, he accepted the wisdom of the wise and called April up.

"Hello?" April asked. Noticing the grim expression Leonardo wore, she quickly added, "Leo, what happened?"

"Long story. So I'll skip it and cut to the chase... litterally," he added after a moments thought.

"Huh?"

"We need your help, April. R--"

"What happened?" she shouted.

"Raph ran away yesterday and we haven't heard from him in a while. We'd like you to help track him down."

"Couldn't Don find him with his shell-cell signal?" April suggested.

Leo stiffened and April frowned. "D-Don.... April, maybe you should come here and I'll fill you in."

April was silent, then disconnected.

Setting his shell-cell back, Leo walked to where Splinter was waiting. "She'll be here in a few minutes," he sighed.

Sure enough, eight minutes later April arrived. "Leo, you've got a lot of explaining to do."

"Yes. Yes, I do," Leonardo agreed. "You might want to have a seat." Motioning with his hands, he sat on the floor, right in front of Don.

"Oh, my," April gasped. She looked expectantly to Leo.

"To make a long story short, Raph and Don were training together while Mike and I were figuring out what the Purple Dragons were up to. Raph got out of control and attacked Don and Splinter. Raph then ran away. I tried looking for him, but I lost his trail. So, will you help us?"

"Sure." She looked around the lair. "Um... where's Mike?"
    Kifu
    Kifu

Post by Kifu Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:48 am

Chapter Four

For hours Michelangelo left behind life. He didn't think that anyone would miss him. Splinter and Leo seemed to have Donnie under control. When Mike's stomach cried, he fed it and when his body wept, he rested.

"Man, I love being a TURTLE!" Mike shouted.

Over time, more light was shed into the dark sewers through storm drains and manhole covers. As the hours passed, Mike strayed further and further from the lair.

Mike didn't care. He had no one to play video games with and his comics were too close to where Don rested. Leo didn't have time to play topside, but Mike longed for a friend.

Finally, Michelangelo decided to head home. But he relized he didn't know where he was. Sure, the turtles just moved to this lair, but, "I'm king of the sewers," Mike sobbed.

Trying to find a way back, Mike tried to re-trace his steps, but that plan was thwarted at the first turn.

"I can't believe it!" Mike cried. "This can't happen! Not to me!"

Suddenly, Mike thought he heard a shout. Instantly he stopped whinning and listened. He thought he heard, "Mike".

He did! "Mike!" a worried voice called. "Michelangelo!"

"Leo!" Mike whooped. I'm saved! I'm saved!

Mike's eldest brother rounded the corner to his left. April followed him. Mike was going to be in big trouble.

"Michelangelo, we've been looking for you for minutes!" Mike smiled sheepishly at the two figures before him. "You weren't lost... were you?" he asked suspiciously.

"Of course not!" denied Mike, perhaps too quickly and loudly. Leo only nodded his head, eyes narrowed.

"Uh, guys," April began. She held up her hand that held a gadget of Don's. "Are we going to go through with this?"

"With what?" Michelangelo asked.

"To find Raph," Leonardo muttered.

"Your brother," April added to Leo pointedly. To Mike it seemed she'd heard this before, and she didn't seem too happy about Leo's pestamistic mood.

Mike looked down to the skateboard he still held in his hand. Leonardo followed his gaze and sighed. A goofy grin creeped across Mike's face.

The board now safetly put away in Michelangelo's room, the three began the search for Raphael.

"I think it'd be easier if we start at my house," April suggested.

"No. The Purple Dragons and the Foot have been acting strangely lately. We should stick to the sewers until sundown," Leo explained.

"But isn't that a long time from now?" Michelangelo inquired.

"Negative, only an hour from now," April said. Mike raised a brow at her "negative". She shrugged.

The threesome looked awkwardly at eachother, and then burst into laughter, relieving some tension cast among them.

"Oh... kay," April gasped after her fit of funnies. "If Raph has his Shell-Cell still, he should be that way," she informed them, pointing north.

"Right." To Mike, it seemed as if Leo needed that chuckle. He smiled smugly.

Around sunset the turtles and April arrived just east of where Raph's signal origionated.

"Shredder," Leonardo hissed.

April shrunk at the name and squeaked, "Yeah, and according to this...." She jiggled the dying tracker. "Raph should be... in the basement."

"Shredder has a basement?" Mike asked.

"No wait!" April said. "He's moved." April hung out with the boys enough to know what she was about to say was not good. "He's moved to the top floor."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm