Battlespace Intergalactica

    Share
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 am

    "Are we done trying to amuse yourself rather than attempting to better yourself? You play everything as though it is a game, Young Kitten. Fitting description since you seem to have no ability to grasp the task at hand and use it." A harsh tone creeping into Calim'rath's voice. The rebuke came from a sudden burst of anger at having watched her since they met, her continual refusal to do anything that would help her gain the skills she needed.
    "RENTE SAF YOU GRUMPY OLD MANX! You seem to be the one playing games with me? You show me this awesome stuff and then humiliate me with it!" Jinx shouts as he jumps from the floor, claws out. Calim'rath sidesteps her futile lunge and says, "Light.... Blind."

    At the dual command words, the room restores zero gravity again and turns off all sources of light as well. Jinx, still mid air, finds herself once more held aloft but quickly heading towards a wall and Calim'rath once again firmly gripped to the floor, his breathing almost stopped and not moving with no sound coming from his person.
    "You want a game, kitten. Then lets play tag.... Your 'It'."
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm

    After getting over the initial surprise, Jinx grins to herself as she grips onto the foam wall. She always loved a good game, and a good challange! And, Jinx being Jinx, is feeling pretty confident she'll win - no matter what the odds.

    "Pfft. Didn't I tell you; you have no idea who you're dealing with!"

    And the odds seem to be stacked pretty highly against her. Having her sense of sight taken from her now, she can't see Calim'rath, or anything else in the room - including the walls she'll need to use to push herself around with. Mis-judging the distances could leave her stuck somewhere randomly in mid-air again, or send her crashing into another unexpected wall.

    Being blind isn't something Jinx is used to, and though she keeps as still as she can to listen for sounds from Calim'rath, the silence is incredable, and the whole situation starts to become somewhat un-nerving. Though she can't really figure out why... she knows where she is, and who's with her, and why she's in the situation she's in, so none of this should really feel like any kind of real threat at all... but this feeling of emptyness... being left alone in this eternal darkness and silence... well, not quite "silence", as she suddenly realizes she can hear the sound of her own unsteady breathing, and the pounding of her uneasy heart.

    Shaking her head in attempt to free herself from whatever it was that was coming over her, Jinx tries to focus on where she last saw Calim'rath... where he was standing when she made a jump for him, and where he moved to. Surely, if he'd had moved from that spot, then she'd have heard him... right? It's worth a shot!

    Deciding the floor is the best way to go, as she can grip onto it and run around on it without having to float around hoping she gets her guesses right on where the walls are, she claws herself down the wall and onto the floor, fast, and makes a dash in the direction she last saw Calim'rath!


    _________________
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:04 pm

    "Along the floor, what a foolhardy and reckless move..." Calim'rath chided her in his head, moving around and touching the ground to coincide with her paw-falls. He listened closely as her movement took her past where he used to be and she scratched to a halt. With her now in the center of the room and himself on one of the sides, he could play this 'game' all day long and she shouldn't catch him.

    "Your paw-falls give you away in a situation like this, kitten. I know exactly who I'm dealing with here, an amateur without a sense of purpose and without a sense of what they should be doing." As he spoke, he moved effortlessly around the room, landing on walls silently, springing off in the same fashion, assaulting her sense of hearing from every angle. "You think this a game, Jinxio'enisk, but you are horribly wrong. What if I had a blaster? You would have been dead before your second paw-fall. That's what it means to be a bounty hunter, get at your mark before he knows you are there to defend himself. Notice everything around you so you feel what is happening before it occurs. You lack the basic principles of seriousness and tenacity. You find life a game and you have chosen for yourself the hardest difficulty." He was floating slowly towards her. When mere inches from her, he whispered, "You fail at being what you want to be, or even what you want to be in everyone else's eyes."
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:56 pm

    Hearing how close he is, so suddenly, close enough for her to even feel his breath brush her fur as he speaks, startles Jinx, and in her surprise and anger she lashes out with both claws, letting go of the foam floor and only just managing to catch it again with a couple of claws on one paw, to stop herself floating-off and getting stuck in mid-air. Missing him just now just made her even more irritated.

    "Grrr! Forget the game!! I'm gonna knock the nine-lives outta you!!" She growls visiously.

    She had already been getting irritated with the fact she very obviously hadn't got the hang of things yet, and every word Calim'rath had spoken hit just about every nerve she had left.

    Gripping the floor with just her left paw still, she uses her right to untie her boots, allowing her to use the claws on her feet to grip instead. Having four limbs to grip with would definatly be better than just the two. Especially if she was gonna attempt this floating around thing.

    Listening out again, she holds her boots in each of her hands, just itching to throw them at him.

    But nothing... no sound yet again. Once again, the only sounds Jinx can hear are that of herself. It was almost as though Calim'rath had left the room. His presence can be felt, but that's all... or is it?

    Though she'll never admit it out-loud, Jinx knows Calim'rath plays at a higher level to herself. A much higher level. She tries to think... she knows he can hear her every move, but how does he move from place to place without making a single noticable sound? Then again, it doesn't matter. Even if she can figure out that trick, her beating heart will still give her away.

    But she's too edgy from the un-nerving feeling that's creeping up on her again, and too irritated by Calim'rath, calming down to think properly, and to slow her breathing and heart-rate, doesn't seem like an option right now. And too many thoughts rush through her head, including the questions of when and where Calim'rath might attack from.

    Jinx randomly throws one of her boots with as much force as she can muster. She just wants to her a load bang as it hits a wall. Just a noise to snap her out of her tangled, spinning mind. But the thud it makes against the foam brings nothing but disappointment.

    "I wanted a BANG, dammit!!" She yells, suddenly noticing something she'd not noticed before...

    As she breaks her focus on everything to yell, she catches a scent. She'd not noticed it before, probably because she'd been too focused on having her sight and hearing taken away from her, or maybe because she'd been too focused on the panic and the anger that came over her before... whatever the reason, it doesn't matter now. She's caught a scent, and it's a familiar one.

    Though she knows he has better senses than her, she races towards the scent of him, ready to clobber him with her one remaining boot. She may not be perfect, or anywhere near as good as this as he is, and he'll probably know she's coming, but trying the best she can is better than giving-up all together!


    _________________
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:14 pm

    "Come on kitten, use your head, not your emotions to find the best tool for the situation." He wishes against everything he ever held dear. Despite what he showed outwardly, Calim'rath wanted Jinx to succeed, wanted her to show that she had some talent, wanted her to see that she could do it if she tried hard enough and took something seriously. That is when he felt the boot against his face.

    In the event that Calim'rath falls unconscious during his training exercises, the room's computer slowly begins to bring the gravity back to normal and brings the lights on gradually, in-case he was doing dark-vision exercises. Without knowing how long he can be knocked out, the computer then opens the door and lights a pathway from the galley to the room in question, in the event that another is on-board, so others can find him and bring medical attention. The computer has now logged three occasions where this measure has been used.

    Calim'rath floated in his landless vision, clearly dreaming. The face of his father was in the distance, grinning a purely evil smirk. As much as Calim'rath ran towards that smirking felpurr, he could get no closer. He sat on the invisible floor underneath him, his mind racing. "She did it... she has finally shown both of us the talent she has. Now all she has to do is nurture it..."
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:07 pm

    As Jinx feels the boot make a forceful connection with something, which she can only guess and hope is Calim'rath, she's hit with both the feeling of satisfaction at getting him back, and the feeling of surprise that she managed to do so.

    She then feels a weird sensation as the gravity and lighting is slowly restored and she finds herself gently resting on her knees on the foam floor, panting from all the activity. Letting her boot rest on the floor, she rubs her eyes a little. And as she opens them again, her focus is drawn to a body lying on the floor... Calim'rath's.

    The surprise she'd felt a short while agao returns as he hit is well and truely confirmed. But the surprise turns into something else, as she picks-up her boot again, getting-up and making her way over to him. She remembers why she'd been so deperate to him in the first place, all the things he'd said, what he'd made her feel, and she decides she isn't done yet!

    As she stands over his body, she raises the boot, holding it in both hands this time for a better whack... but she stops. Her chest rises and falls heavily with each breath as she looks down on him, still holing her boot above her own head. But he looks so... lifeless.

    "Oh crap, I killed him!" She gasps in a panic, dropping her boot and kneeling by his side and shaking him a little, noticing he's still breathing. "Hey!" She calls, shaking him again. "Calim'rath!" She calls again, shaking him harder this time. "Hey, get up!"

    In her panic, Jinx runs out of the room, and finally notices the lit path, which she follows, for reasons she doesn't even know. To her relief, she finds a large sink and a bunch of other stuff she doesn't really take much notice of, including the face clothes which rest in a small pile next to the sink.

    She finds a nice sized bucket, grabs it quickly, and fills it with water, before running clumsily back to the room where Calim'rath still lays... and, of course, she tips the entire bucket of cold water over him in one swift motion.


    _________________
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm

    As he sat, the dream-scape around him began to shimmer and liquefy, almost as thought you were swimming in the ocean.

    His consciousness came back to him in a blur of motion as Jinx quickly found herself held off the ground and against one of the foamed walls. Calim'rath's eyes glowered as he held here there with one hand on her chest. The other hand struck swiftly to disable both legs and arms with various pressure points. "Kitten," Came his voice, perfectly calm, which is far more scary than angry, "did you pour water all over me or am I dreaming that I am all soaking wet?"
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:05 pm

    "It's a dream, I swear!" She says, trying not to laugh, and attempting to struggle even without the use of her limbs. "You asshole!!" She snaps. "I didn't have to wake you up y'know! I coulda dumped you out the back door and made off with your stinkin' ship!"

    She doesn't even know why she hadn't done just that. It wouldn't be the first ship she'd stolen, and he was, is, a complete jerk. Why was she worried about him being dead before anyway. It was his own fault afterall. B*stard.


    _________________
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:21 pm

    His hand was trembling, the one not holding Jinx to the wall. He hated water, and all that talk about Felpurr's loving to swim as most humanoids do didn't apply to him. All his life, he had despised the mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, baths were essential for good hygiene but no more than necessary. Being soaked made you slow, made too much noise as you moved.

    "That you didn't, Jinx. That you didn't. Might be something you'll want to think about...." His sentence left unfinished, Calim'rath went through the motions to get her appendages to work again and slid her down the wall, only a small amount of pressure holding her. "You should go get something to eat, you would be hungry after that. You were pushed to a limit and I know how that feels." He took his hand off of her and slid to the floor, his strength ebbing out of him as he lay sprawled once again, eyes open. "I am sorry for what I said, but cold hard truths are something we must deal with. We can only delude ourselves with them for so long before they come crashing down around us. Forgive me, but remember the focus you found in that anger. The seriousness you found in something that was no longer just a game. That is something you need all the time, a focus, a seriousness, to keep you at maximum alert in time of great difficulty." Calim'rath rambled, his mind not even having the energy to think about what he was saying. "Go... go and eat, I'm not going anywhere..." He finished, his eyes closing and his breathing becoming steady.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:40 pm

    Jinx, not knowing what, if anything, to say in responce to Calim'rath's "ramblings", looks over to him, his eyes now closed, before getting herself back to her feet and slowly heading towards the door, picking her boots up on the way.

    She pauses in the doorway, she goes again to take a step out of the room, but hesitates once again, going nowhere. She then takes a look over her shoulder, back at Calim'rath, before finally leaving the room.

    As she heads back to her own room, she feels herself becoming frustrated again, unable to figure out why she even gives a damn, or what his problem is anyway... one minute he seems normal, no, more like semi-normal, and the next he's a complete ass... and then he appologises, but it's not even a real appology, it's one of those where the word "but" follows on... what's the point in that!?

    And why the hell should she be more serious? Serious is boring. Troublesome. Being serious only brings on stupid emotions that confuse, irritate, upset, whatever! It's a hassle she can do without. The only emotions worth having are good ones. The only thoughts worth thinking are happy ones. The only things worth doing are fun ones.

    As she kicks open the door to her room, a single Felpurr word, meaning littlerally "IDIOT", echos loudly through the corridors, followed by the equally loud slamming of her door.


    _________________
    avatar
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : Nat
    Age : 31
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bris Vegas, baby!
    Posts : 102
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Lucheiah on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:18 pm

    As she hunted down information about the Psylocke, Wil's instincts began to tingle. At first it was just a little niggling feeling, as though she'd forgotten something. She ignored it for a while, but you can't ignore these kinds of feelings for long if you want to stay alive. Since she was on an information finding mission anyway, she started sifting through information on the web, tracking down any mention of herself. She usually was careful enough to erase her trail as she went, but one mistake was usually enough to have the hounds baying at her heels. She held her breath as she went through the information, and then found something. A bounty warrant. Not quite as bad as an arrest warrant, but still, it meant that, again, someone was after her. She read on, carefully following the web trails left to see if anyone had taken the job up and stopped, recognising a name.

    Him.

    The cat.

    She groaned and thumped her head against the desk. She'd dealt with him before, and he was a ruthless b*stard with no scruples. He was also, she grudgingly admitted, one of the best in the business. And now he was after her again.

    She groaned again.

    This was not a good day.
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Chojin on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 pm

    Francis made his way through the spaceport of Levo. The actual spaceport was peaceful, it always was. Even though Levo was lax on security, it is said that the spaceport was among the safest places to be. He took out the datapad and searched the information it contained.
    "Well, now..." he started as he looked at the name, "Naegus; I need to have a word with you." The registered address was quite some distance. Night on Levo was already starting to draw in. Francis was thirsty, and it was his tradition to go for a drink at the nearest at the nearest Cantina. He didn't want to delay things on Levo, but he had no idea how long he would be. He guessed that one drink couldn't hurt, so long as he kept to himself.


    Shamus returned to the interspace drive and began further repairs to the outside. While he worked he searched the ships database, he wanted to be as familiar with this ship as it's pilot.
    "Arnie, keep an eye out for any trouble. I'm focusing on the ship, itself." Shamus told his diminuitive, mechanised friend. R9 replied with an affirmitive trill.


    _________________
    ..::Livejournal::..
    ..::DeviantArt::..
    ..::Facbook::..
    avatar
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : Nat
    Age : 31
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bris Vegas, baby!
    Posts : 102
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Lucheiah on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:37 am

    Wil stood, irritation clouding her face as she left the cantina and stepped out into the bright sunlight and up the street. She wasn't so absorbed in her thoughts, however, that she failed to notice the man. "That's the guy from that gods-forsaken dustball... the one with info about Psylocke..." she thought, concealing an excited grin with a scowl. She quickly made a decision, and managed to affect the looks and demeanour of some scruffy street urchin. She accidentally bumped into him as she passed him, her hands slipping inside his jacket to nab anything that felt like a datacard. Her fingers closed around the cool plastic even as she stumbled back, and she slotted the card into a pocket carefully sewn into the palm of her glove. She stumbled back and looked fearfully up at the man. "I'm sorry, sir! Don't hurt me!" she gasped and cringed as she scurried away, waiting until she was around a corner before cracking a grin. She made a fairly roundabout way back to Zephyr, exalting in her success as she sealed the hatchway. "Gods, that was too easy!" she thought.
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Chojin on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:44 pm

    Francis stumbled as he was hit by a scruffy street urchin that wasn't watching where she was going. "I'm sorry, sir! Don't hurt me!" She said. Francis waved her off, he wasn't about to start attracting attention. He entered the cantina and headed straight for the bar. After ordering himself a local brew, he made his way to an empty booth in the corner. He sat himself down so he could see the entire cantina as well as the door. He reached into his pocket; his empty pocket. He felt around for it, but couldn't find it. He searched his other pockets but had no luck.
    "Dammit! That no good, scruffy looking, grease ball." Francis spat angrily. He thought back to the street urchin; the only person to get close enough. She had stolen the datapad. He reached for a little communicator he had in his jeans pocket.
    "Shamus! Pick up." He said into it. There was no reply for a short moment.
    "Shamus!?" he said again.
    "Talk to me." Shamus replied.
    "The pad's been stolen, I need you to do something for me." Francis said calmly.
    "Shoot!" Shamus replied.
    "I want you to send a formatting signal to the datacards. Do you know how to do that?" He asked.
    "I'm sure I can figure it out, I've got Arnie here with me." Shamus replied before keying off.
    "The jokes on you, missy." He said quietly to himself as he sat down and took a sip of his drink. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small ovoid pod. He pulled at the side which gave and was pulled out. It stopped and wouldn't go further while a picture fuzzed into view. He sat looking at the picture, it's main focus was a female Felpurr sitting in the co pilot's chair of the Scimitar. It was his old co-pilot, Trance. She was a close friend of his and he missed her company. He smiled and tipped his mug to her.


    Shamus set about formatting the datacards, being plugged into the computer made short work of this. He was already very familiar with the systems since he had entered them. A few moments later, he got confirmation that the datacards were now clean of any data.
    "Nifty trick." Shamus said with a laugh. He went about his work again when R9 beeped at him.
    "What is it Skippy?" He joked. He was met with an annoyed beep. This was followed by a few tweets and trills. This got Shamus' attention. He closed his eyes briefly and searched for the sensor. Arnie had told him that he had detected the errant datacard. It was on a ship that fit the profile of a ship that had been present on the it's previous two stops, planetside. Shamus found what he was looking for, the sensor logs. He searched through and found that his diminuitive friend was right.
    "They have different transponder codes, are you sure it's the same ship?" Shamus said out loud without meaning to. He was met by some grunts and beeps in reply. Shamus thought for a minute. "Maybe you're right. Keep an eye on it, won't you. I wanna know when they leave and on what path. I got a bad feeling about this." He said as he went back to his work.


    _________________
    ..::Livejournal::..
    ..::DeviantArt::..
    ..::Facbook::..
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:52 pm

    ooc: now skipping to your time... fantastic

    Calim'rath woke famished. His sleep had been deep and very refreshing. After a few days of not resting, the body shuts down to do all necessary repairs and to give the brain a rest and Jinx's incident gave his body just that opportunity. He didn't know how long he had been out for, but he felt good none-the-less. Immediately, he sprang to his feet, shook out his limbs that were feeling unused and lethargic from his sleep and moved to the galley. Preparing himself a meal , with enough left over if Jinx required sustenance, he ate in silence, wondering just how much work it would take to turn this arrogant and self-absorbed kitten into what she wanted to be. Alot of work was all he could come up with. He had tried to tell her what she could be, he tried showing her what she could be, he even gave her the tools and means to do it all and yet she continued to spurn him and his ways with her child-like attitude and continual denial of what was needed.

    Meal finished, Calim'rath moved back to the cockpit and checked the interdrive controls to ascertain how much longer they were in Interspace. "Not even two minutes, good. We might be able to start the hunt sooner than I thought if the client is willing to move some boulders for us."
    avatar
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : Nat
    Age : 31
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bris Vegas, baby!
    Posts : 102
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Lucheiah on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:46 am

    Wil grinned as she slipped away through the crowds, making her way back to the ship. She hit the ramp at a dead run, sealing the hatch behind her and hurling herself into a chair, slipping the datacard into the slot. The console growled, and she frowned. "Empty? How... oh no. Formatted. He wiped all his cards. Well, at least I know he's the right man now..." she thought, even as she swore and punched the desk, before pulling back and putting her now-bruised knuckles to her mouth.
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Chojin on Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 am

    Francis closed the photo and slipped the pod back into his pocket before he set about finishing his drink. It didn't take long before his communicator beeped. He breathed a heavy sigh as he set his mug down and picked up.
    "What is it?" He said in a tone that was not really angry, but neither was it entirely calm.
    "Arnie noticed something when I was formatting the datapads. The pad that was stolen was present on a ship that fit the profile of two other ships we've encountered since you picked me up." Shamus started.
    "Then it seems we're being followed." Francis said as he thought long and hard.
    "They have different transponder codes." Shamus said, not entirely sure of the validity of that information, himself.
    "Then I'm sure we're being followed. You've seen how easy it is to change the transponder codes and how easy it is. Keep an eye on it and-" Francis said before he was cut off.
    "Already on it. Don't worry yourself, I'll let you know if anything suspicious happens." Shamus said before he clicked off. Leaving Francis sitting there talking into a silent communicator. Francis looked at it before putting it back into his pocket and went back to his drink.


    Shamus wandered back to the cockpit, almost in a daze. He was using the ship's internal sensors to get himself more acquainted with the layout. He ran scenarios in his head where he had to get to certain places within the ship in an alloted time. He tried out different routes, taking as much into account as possible. Vacantly, he sat down in the first flight chair he came to.


    Last edited by Chojin on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    ..::Livejournal::..
    ..::DeviantArt::..
    ..::Facbook::..
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:18 am

    Still in her room, with her music playing loudly, Jinx stares out of her window, just watching the stars go by. She hasn't had any sleep for a quite some time now due to her fear of becoming ill with kinetosis, but, for now at least, it doesn't seem to be causing her any problems, and she's still bright and alert, and feeling alot calmer than she was earlier after the training with Calim'rath.

    As she daydreams to herself, she almost fails to notice that the speed in which the stars are going by, has slowed down. It must mean they're nearing their destination, but Jinx is hesitant as to weather to go to the bridge or not. She doesn't know what kind of a mood Calim'rath could be in this time. He seems to switch so easily.

    But then again, she was never one to scare easy, and she was always up for a challange. So, it's off to the bridge she goes...


    _________________
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Chojin on Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 am

    Francis quickly finished his drink and headed towards the door. He made short work of the distance and didn't want to hang around.
    "HYNNE!!" came a loud voice from nearby just as Francis reached the doorway, stopping him dead in his tracks. He thumped the doorframe as he backed himself back into the cantina.
    "Jenseric, I almost didn't see you." Said Francis cheerfully as he made his way over to the booth next to the door.
    "Cut the crap. Where's my money?" Jenseric said angrily as he leant over the table, slamming his burly fist down.
    "I won that game fair and square." Francis said calmly. This visibly annoyed Jenseric.
    "Liar-" Jenseric accused, "you cheated me out of that money and I want it back now."
    "You know, I don't have it with me; not that you'd be getting it if I did." Francis retorted as he slipped one hand to his hip as if he was leaning, distracting Jenseric with an over extravagent flick of his other wrist. His lowered hand was, actually, resting on one of his blasters.
    "Then we'll have to do this the hard way, I've been looking forward to this." Jenseric said as he stood up cracking his knuckles.
    "I bet you have." Francis said challengingly. Jenseric reached over the table to grab Francis; who, in return, fired a single shot right through Jenseric's chest. He hopped up onto the bench as the lifeless form of Jenseric crashed down onto the table, breaking it's legs and collapsing under his weight. He looked around at the look she was now getting and made a simple gesture with his hand, almost waving it off. The patrons of the cantina went back to their previous activities as if nothing had happened. Happily, Francis left the Cantina.


    _________________
    ..::Livejournal::..
    ..::DeviantArt::..
    ..::Facbook::..
    avatar
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : Nat
    Age : 31
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bris Vegas, baby!
    Posts : 102
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Lucheiah on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:43 pm

    o_O Wow... you just like, blended 3 different scenes from Star Wars, almost seamlessly...

    Wil thought through her options carefully. Couldn't keep tailing these guys - if they'd formatted the disk they were probably onto her, or at least paranoid, which was just as bad. Couldn't go back, not with a bounty hunter after her. She grinned. Time to try something unconventional, for her. Time to cash in a few favours. She started searching through her records for the contacts she'd need, formulating a plan to at least solve one of her problems...
    avatar
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : John
    Age : 31
    Gender : Male
    Location : Brisbane
    Posts : 192
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Rickettz on Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:37 pm

    Calim'rath watched the viewport closely as the door hissed open and then closed again. "Before you say anything Jinx. I would like you to go down and get the information we need, that is, if you plan to continue with this partnership. You are looking for a Mrs Johnson, I'm assuming it is an alias used by many contacts, my own included. Definitely female and at this address." He threw a note behind him and it landed on the floor in front of the door, well practiced aim. "Do not ask everyone for her. There will be two contact points within the establishment, look for them and you will know who to ask. Once in contact with Mrs Johnson, ask her for any other relevant information that will help us hunt the mark, anything at all, ships log, ship ID number, picture of the ship, picture of the mark." He lowered his head to his hands. "I'm sorry Jinx. I'm acting like your a complete amateur. You know what to do." Calim'rath finished, keeping his head in his hands.
    avatar
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

    Name : Nat
    Age : 31
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bris Vegas, baby!
    Posts : 102
    Joined : 2008-12-22

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Lucheiah on Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:38 am

    "Wade Garbeck. I need a different ship, and trading in Zeph... well, what must be done, must be done. Wade'll have something in stock for me, even if he doesn't like to think so... That solves part of one problem..." Wil thought, as she lifted. Wade was on Romulus, one of the moons of Regulus. "It'll be good to go home..." she thought, as she lifted. "C'mon, Zeph. Let's shake the dust one last time..." she cheered.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:24 am

    Jinx picks the note up from the floor, taking a look at it as she listens to Calim'rath's instructions. But she's more interested in what kind of mood Calim'rath is in at the moment. He might be trying to trick her into getting off his ship, and then he'll just take-off and leave her stranded on this planet. But then again, if he wanted her off his ship, he'd probably just kick her off himself. Whatever. Who knows. This was a chance to stretch her legs, see the planet, and play bounty hunter.

    "On it!" She smiles, giving a quick and playful salute, regardless of weather Calim'rath was watching or not.

    She then leaves the bridge and runs down the hall back to her room, bursting in and diving on the floor, stretching her arm out under her bed to grab her weapons.

    After equipping herself, she makes her way to the exit doors. All she has to do, at least for now, is wait for the ship to land...


    _________________
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 32
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Chojin on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

    Francis sighed as he exited the cantina. He didn't want to waste time heading back to the ship to get another datacard with the information on it. He only hoped he remembered enough information to get him to where he needed to be. Unfortunately, lack of information on a place like Levo was never a good position to be in. Having the wrong information could lead to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Francis decided that he would be better off if he got this out of the way, he trusted his abilities enough to risk the trek further form the spaceport.

    Shamus carried on running his scenarios. So far he had worked out the quickest routes to the boarding ramp from the cockpit as well as most of the other rooms on board.


    _________________
    ..::Livejournal::..
    ..::DeviantArt::..
    ..::Facbook::..
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 35
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Fizzie on Mon May 11, 2009 11:34 am

    With the ship landed, Jinx makes her exit, running down the ramp and out away from the ship, before skidding to a hault as she finally gets a good look at this planet she'd never been to before.

    "Wow..." She says, almost in a whisper to herself.

    An excited smile grows on her face as she can't wait to get an even better look at this high tech city. It's unlike anything she's ever seen, and finding new places to explore, and new gadgets to play with, will definatly be lots of fun!

    As she gazes round at all the glittering lights, she starts to wonder how she's ever going to find her way around, and especially back to the ship when she needs to.

    "The ship..." She thinks outloud, before suddenly remembering she has a mission to complete, and she takes another look at the piece of paper Calim'rath had given her not so long ago. "Mrs Johnson...?"


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 pm