Theme Parks

Fizzie

Name : Sam

Theme Parks

Post by Fizzie on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:51 pm

I love theme parks!!

My favourite ride in England was the Vampire at Chessington World Of Adventures (the second drop with the mad corner is my fave bit), which is a ride that I'm still really fond of and I'm glad it's still running (with all it's updates). It was the first big ride I can remember going on, (we're not counting the coasters my mum used to ride whilst I was still in her womb - lol), back when the trains were still close-bottomed and bat-themed. I love the docking station too. Hehe!!

But, since then another favourite has been the Samurai (which is a Top Scan model) for a long time. I liked it better when it was at Chessington though coz it was black and red. Then it moved to Thorpe Park and it was this weird greeny blue colour and red. It just didn't suit it at all.

And it was like they'd just ripped the arms off the Chessington version and stuck to a tacky looking base at Thorpe Park. It just doesn't look anywhere near as shiny (or safe) as it used to.

Oh, and I can't wait for the new Saw ride this year (originally code named as "Project Dylan")!! It's apparently due to open to the public on 14th March 2009.

It's a Euro-Fighter model and it's gonna be the first (and thus only - for now at least) ride in the world to be based on a horror movie!!

I've seen CG videos of the big drop and man... it makes my heart go everytime I see it. I really can't wait for this!!

And the docking station looks amazing!!

Project Dylan wrote:Get set for 2009, as Thorpe Park gets ready to unleash their ultimate new scream machine, Saw - The Ride, a100ft, beyond vertical drop Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter roller-coaster. Situated in Canada Creek, this will be one of the parks grimmest attractions yet. Complete with dark sections, based around the popular Saw movie's who knows what surprises may lurk inside.

Riders will begin in the station building, where the car will then move forwards and plummet down a vertical drop, and to then proceed to spiral down further into the building, turn after turn, dodging obstacles before entering a Zero-G roll and coast out the building. The car will then position itself to climb the 100ft (30m) vertical lift hill, before cresting and plummeting riders down the 100 degree drop, reaching speeds of over 50mph. Narrowly missing theming (known as the 'head chopper' effect) riders are then swept into a Immelmann loop, round turns, over airtime hills and then climaxing with the final inversion, a dive loop, before cruising back on into the station.

Facebook Fanpage ~ Saw: The Ride wrote:As the first ever horror film themed rollercoaster, SAW - The Ride will become the scariest ride in the world. Based on the horror film series ‘SAW’, THORPE PARK will be inviting you to ‘Face Your Fears’ on our terrifying new attraction in 2009. Like the films, the new coaster will test the nerve of all who dare ride it and visitors will be at the mercy of the film’s master manipulator, Jigsaw.

The ultimate test of SAW - The Ride will be the ‘beyond vertical’ drop of 100º from a height of 100ft, making it the steepest freefall drop in the world. We have drawn on terrifying elements from the films to make sure everyone will have a fantastic ride experience unique to THORPE PARK.

Wikipedia wrote:The indoor section at the beginning will include a steep drop and barrel roll; an estimated 30 seconds of ride time will be spent inside the station building. This section is followed by a vertical lift and the 'beyond vertical' 100 degree drop. The track will include three inversions - the aforementioned barrel roll, an immelman and a dive loop as well as an 'airtime' hill.

Cantwaitcantwaitcantwait!! >=3

Oh, and I have to add that no visit to Chessington is complete without going on the Bubbleworks!! I don't care what anyone else says: it's fun!!

Here's pic of Saw: The Ride:

In that pic, the track itself is finished (you can't actually see most of the track, but you can see how steep the drop is), but the station is still being constructed, and none of the theme work has been done yet either.

Oh, as mentioned earlier, the Head Chopper (which sits near the bottom of the big drop)...

HELL YEAH!!

Last edited by Kitai on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Level: Chibi

Name : Nat

Re: Theme Parks

Post by Lucheiah on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 pm

I loooooove roller coasters!! My fondest memory of a roller coaster is when I was in year 10 at school, the performing arts students went to Movie World on an excursion. Movie World is a Warner Brothers theme park, so it has rides and displays based on WB movies - Bugs Bunny stuff, Lethal Weapon, the older Batman movies, Harry Potter (Diagon Alley FTW!!) etc. Now, that morning I'd stacked it on my bike on the way to school, something impressive - took all the skin off my arm and everything. I insisted I was okay to go to Movie World, so okay, we went. I'm on the Lethal Weapon roller coaster, which is pretty cool, and everyone else is freaking out - I didn't realise why until later, when I noticed the bandage on my leg, which had been gashed by the chain of my bike when I'd come off, had managed to work loose and come off, and I was bleeding all over the place!

It was awesome!
    Kaos

Name : Nick

Post by Kaos on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Oh hell yeah on the Saw ride!
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:55 am

Figured I share some little updates with you on Saw: The Ride - coz it's gonna rock!!

Some pikkies first then...

The ride:

The station:

The car:

The head chopper:

The ride in testing:

And now for a video...

The ride in testing:

Level: Newbie

Name : Ross

Post by Jigsaw on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:52 am

This is going to be the best ride ever in the UK!
    Oxide

Name : Jeff

Post by Oxide on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:27 pm

Off to Thorpe Park we go then guys!
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Quoted from my blog, coz it's relevent to this topic:

Kia wrote:Awesome Day Was Awesome

Yesterday was amazing!!

We went to Thorpe Park!! =D

Yep. Me, Tania, George, and Dan, all went to Thorpe Park together today and it was totally awesome!!

I can't actually remember the last time I'd been to a theme park! But I love them sooo much and I've defintly gotta start going more often again. There was a time when I used to go at least once a year, but I guess, that was before all the crazy family changes and stuff.

Anyways!! It was such an amazing day!! I can't even explain just how awesome it was!!

The car trip there was hiliarous too! So totally random. XD

And when we got there, the first thing we went to was, of course, Saw: The Ride!! It was the ride we were most looking forward to, but it was closed! So we went to queue for the Samurai instead (my favourite ride at the time, that I hadn't been on since they moved it from Chessington World Of Adventures) coz it was right next door. But, as we were in the queue, we kept our eyes on the staff at the entrance of Saw. Hehehe!!

As soon as we heard one of the staff call for another member of staff to go the station, off we ran!! Outta the queue of Samurai, and right into Saw!!

We sat right at the front, and off we went!! And wow!! Just, wow!! It was even more amazing than I thought it would be! And I had some pretty high expectations for that ride! We hadn't even got ourselves off the ride, before we'd decided we just had to do it again, and in the dark too!!

Through out the day, we went on all the major rides, like Stealth, Colossus, Nemesis: Inferno, Samurai, Tidal Wave, etc. And most of them we did two or three times (cept Saw, which we did four times in all). We were really lucky with the queues! =D

And so lucky (unlucky for the other people waiting though) that just after we went on Stealth, it broke! Lol!! It was closed when we first came into the park too, and I don't think it'd been running that long. But after we went round on it, the next lot about to shoot off, had to get out coz they had problems and had to close the ride for abit again.

It was amazing though! Eventhough you stand in the queue and watch it speed off and up over and over again, you still never really realize just how fast it is until you're on it yourself.

Detinator was kinda surprising too. It felt so weird when they drop you down! I think I got to the bottom and just said "Woh.". XD

George and Me in the queue for Samurai...

Tania was hilarious on Samurai!! I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through!! "Not the trees! Not the trees!!". OMG, she was so funny!! XDDD

And the second and third times we went on Saw, it was like, in a row! There was pretty much no queue, so we just got off and ran back round again!! XD

Dan wanted to try pretty much every food place in the park!! I think we stopped at Burger King, KFC, and Burger King again coz we were gonna go Pizza Hut, but he wanted something quicker to just like, grab and go. Lol!!

Bleh. The second time we went on Nemesis, I banged my head so hard that I became really dizzy, and kinda not right, like, not quite with it, and I was in alot of pain, to be honest. But the break at Burger King gave me some time to recover coz there was no way I was be sitting out on anything! >=D

The fourth time we went on Saw, it was in the dark. It was our last ride of the night. So yeah, we started, and finished, with Saw.

It was such an amazing day!!

Massive thanks to everyone who came!!

Niki

If you haven't been on Saw yet: get on it now!!

Name : Nick

Post by Nightwolf on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:28 am

I will go on Saw one day! LOL!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 pm