Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lucheiah
Fizzie
6 posters

Theme Parks

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Theme Parks Empty Theme Parks

Post by Fizzie Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:51 pm

I love theme parks!!

My favourite ride in England was the Vampire at Chessington World Of Adventures (the second drop with the mad corner is my fave bit), which is a ride that I'm still really fond of and I'm glad it's still running (with all it's updates). It was the first big ride I can remember going on, (we're not counting the coasters my mum used to ride whilst I was still in her womb - lol), back when the trains were still close-bottomed and bat-themed. I love the docking station too. Hehe!!

But, since then another favourite has been the Samurai (which is a Top Scan model) for a long time. I liked it better when it was at Chessington though coz it was black and red. Then it moved to Thorpe Park and it was this weird greeny blue colour and red. It just didn't suit it at all.

And it was like they'd just ripped the arms off the Chessington version and stuck to a tacky looking base at Thorpe Park. It just doesn't look anywhere near as shiny (or safe) as it used to.

Oh, and I can't wait for the new Saw ride this year (originally code named as "Project Dylan")!! It's apparently due to open to the public on 14th March 2009.

It's a Euro-Fighter model and it's gonna be the first (and thus only - for now at least) ride in the world to be based on a horror movie!!

I've seen CG videos of the big drop and man... it makes my heart go everytime I see it. I really can't wait for this!!

And the docking station looks amazing!!

Project Dylan wrote:Get set for 2009, as Thorpe Park gets ready to unleash their ultimate new scream machine, Saw - The Ride, a100ft, beyond vertical drop Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter roller-coaster. Situated in Canada Creek, this will be one of the parks grimmest attractions yet. Complete with dark sections, based around the popular Saw movie's who knows what surprises may lurk inside.

Riders will begin in the station building, where the car will then move forwards and plummet down a vertical drop, and to then proceed to spiral down further into the building, turn after turn, dodging obstacles before entering a Zero-G roll and coast out the building. The car will then position itself to climb the 100ft (30m) vertical lift hill, before cresting and plummeting riders down the 100 degree drop, reaching speeds of over 50mph. Narrowly missing theming (known as the 'head chopper' effect) riders are then swept into a Immelmann loop, round turns, over airtime hills and then climaxing with the final inversion, a dive loop, before cruising back on into the station.

Facebook Fanpage ~ Saw: The Ride wrote:As the first ever horror film themed rollercoaster, SAW - The Ride will become the scariest ride in the world. Based on the horror film series ‘SAW’, THORPE PARK will be inviting you to ‘Face Your Fears’ on our terrifying new attraction in 2009. Like the films, the new coaster will test the nerve of all who dare ride it and visitors will be at the mercy of the film’s master manipulator, Jigsaw.

The ultimate test of SAW - The Ride will be the ‘beyond vertical’ drop of 100º from a height of 100ft, making it the steepest freefall drop in the world. We have drawn on terrifying elements from the films to make sure everyone will have a fantastic ride experience unique to THORPE PARK.

Wikipedia wrote:The indoor section at the beginning will include a steep drop and barrel roll; an estimated 30 seconds of ride time will be spent inside the station building. This section is followed by a vertical lift and the 'beyond vertical' 100 degree drop. The track will include three inversions - the aforementioned barrel roll, an immelman and a dive loop as well as an 'airtime' hill.

Cantwaitcantwaitcantwait!! >=3

Oh, and I have to add that no visit to Chessington is complete without going on the Bubbleworks!! I don't care what anyone else says: it's fun!!

Here's pic of Saw: The Ride:

Theme Parks Str01

In that pic, the track itself is finished (you can't actually see most of the track, but you can see how steep the drop is), but the station is still being constructed, and none of the theme work has been done yet either.

Oh, as mentioned earlier, the Head Chopper (which sits near the bottom of the big drop)...

Theme Parks Str00

HELL YEAH!!

Last edited by Kitai on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lucheiah
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi

Name : Nat

Theme Parks Empty Re: Theme Parks

Post by Lucheiah Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 pm

I loooooove roller coasters!! My fondest memory of a roller coaster is when I was in year 10 at school, the performing arts students went to Movie World on an excursion. Movie World is a Warner Brothers theme park, so it has rides and displays based on WB movies - Bugs Bunny stuff, Lethal Weapon, the older Batman movies, Harry Potter (Diagon Alley FTW!!) etc. Now, that morning I'd stacked it on my bike on the way to school, something impressive - took all the skin off my arm and everything. I insisted I was okay to go to Movie World, so okay, we went. I'm on the Lethal Weapon roller coaster, which is pretty cool, and everyone else is freaking out - I didn't realise why until later, when I noticed the bandage on my leg, which had been gashed by the chain of my bike when I'd come off, had managed to work loose and come off, and I was bleeding all over the place!

It was awesome!
    Kaos
    Kaos

Name : Nick

Post by Kaos Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Oh hell yeah on the Saw ride!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:55 am

Figured I share some little updates with you on Saw: The Ride - coz it's gonna rock!!

Some pikkies first then...

The ride:
    Theme Parks Str02

The station:
    Theme Parks Str03

The car:
    Theme Parks Str04

The head chopper:
    Theme Parks Str05

The ride in testing:
    Theme Parks Str06

Theme Parks Str07