The Next Batman Film

    Share
    avatar
    Nightwolf
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Nick
    Age : 36
    Gender : Male
    Location : Wherever A Computer Is!
    Posts : 685
    Joined : 2008-06-08

    The Next Batman Film

    Post by Nightwolf on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:33 pm

    Hey folks. This is a topic to discuss some ideas and suggestions on what should happen in the next Batman film. Now it hasn't been announced it's going to happen yet but after the great success of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, it seems almost inevitable that there will be another one. Plus both films left an ending that could lead onto another film.

    The director Christopher Nolan who I think has done a brilliant job of putting Batman on the screen, has already put some ideas on paper.

    My number one question for this film would be: Who would the villian be?

    I reckon the best choice for Chrisopther Nolan's Batman universe would be The Riddler. And early rumors say that there was an idea for a scene in the new film where a riddle is written on a wall in blood.

    I liked the idea of The Riddler being a bit more darker and in Chris Nolan's universe, and it could work.

    Now here's a rumor I don't like and if it becomes true, i'll be VERY supprised! Rumor has it that Eddie Murphy is in mind for The Riddler. Seeing how Chris Nolan has been faithful to the original story of Batman, i'd be supprised to see this happen.

    One actor who I THINK would be good as The Riddler is Casey Affleck. I've seen him do serious roles and I think he has the right look and edge to pull it off.

    But there is one villian i'd like to see too but he's never been a main villian but he'd do well in a smaller villian role in Chris Nolan's vision of Batman. That villian is Deadshot. He's got a human side to him like Batman so it could work.

    Of course this is just early ideas and rumors floating around but it's all in good fun and me being a BIG Batman fan, this is fun for me too! LOL!
    avatar
    Species
    Level: Rookie
    Level: Rookie

    Gender : Male
    Posts : 697
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Species on Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 pm

    Joka wrote:

    Now here's a rumor I don't like and if it becomes true, i'll be VERY supprised! Rumor has it that Eddie Murphy is in mind for The Riddler. Seeing how Chris Nolan has been faithful to the original story of Batman, i'd be supprised to see this happen.

    I think not, but ive not read many batman comic since bane made him retire, so i suppose if possible that they is a new batman universe.
    avatar
    Chojin
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Craig
    Age : 33
    Gender : Male
    Location : hiding in plain sight
    Posts : 2413
    Joined : 2008-04-19

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Chojin on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:34 am

    I wouldn't mind seeing The Riddler in the next film, I know it would be interesting to see a darker version of him. I'm just trying to imagine darker versions of some of Batman's other enemies; such as Victor Freeze and maybe even The Penguin.

    It would've been good to see a return of The Joker, but it wouldn't be the same without him being played by Heath Ledger, may he rest in peace.

    avatar
    Nightwolf
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Nick
    Age : 36
    Gender : Male
    Location : Wherever A Computer Is!
    Posts : 685
    Joined : 2008-06-08

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Nightwolf on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:13 am

    Chojin wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing The Riddler in the next film, I know it would be interesting to see a darker version of him. I'm just trying to imagine darker versions of some of Batman's other enemies; such as Victor Freeze and maybe even The Penguin.

    It would've been good to see a return of The Joker, but it wouldn't be the same without him being played by Heath Ledger, may he rest in peace.

    I think Mr Freeze may be too light hearted for the new Batman film. As for The Penguin? Maybe. But Nolan has denied him being an idea.

    Another interesting rumor was that Nolan was going to use some of cut scenes from The Dark Knight involving The Joker and use them in the new film. The scenes were of him in Arkham Asylum from what I read. Maybe talking with Harley Quinn who is another villian.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 36
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am

    I've heard rumors of Johnny Depp taking the role of The Riddler, but also rumours of Eddy Murphy doing it.

    There's also been rumours of Shia LaBeouf being Robin, and Rachel Weisz being Catwoman.


    _________________
    avatar
    Nightwolf
    Rank: Guardian
    Rank: Guardian

    Name : Nick
    Age : 36
    Gender : Male
    Location : Wherever A Computer Is!
    Posts : 685
    Joined : 2008-06-08

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Nightwolf on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm

    Kitai wrote:I've heard rumors of Johnny Depp taking the role of The Riddler, but also rumours of Eddy Murphy doing it.

    There's also been rumours of Shia LaBeouf being Robin, and Rachel Weisz being Catwoman.

    I heard those too. Johnny Depp as The Riddler? Interesting! I like Depp so he could be good.

    People have said that Nolan hates Robin so you may not see him.

    As for Catwoman, another interesting idea for a villian. And Rachel Weisz is a good actress. And a possible idea for a love interest for Bruce Wayne maybe.
    avatar
    Fizzie
    Rank: Starling
    Rank: Starling

    Name : Sam
    Age : 36
    Gender : Female
    Location : Bristol
    Posts : 4948
    Joined : 2008-04-18

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Fizzie on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 pm

    Joka wrote:I heard those too. Johnny Depp as The Riddler? Interesting! I like Depp so he could be good.

    He'd be great!! He'd steal the show (which'll be a good thing coz these movies aren't exactly the best thing ever).

    Joka wrote:People have said that Nolan hates Robin so you may not see him.

    Yeah, but if he's any good at his job at all then he'll look past his own preferences and think about the people the film is for: the fans.

    I doubt he'll be in the next film, but there's nothing to say he won't appear in a future film. But it would be a good chance to make him into a more serious character to fit these new movies.


    _________________

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Next Batman Film

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:57 am