Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Cowboy Bebop

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Cowboy Bebop Empty Cowboy Bebop

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:26 pm

This is a discussion thread for the 2011 live action movie. We have a seperate thread for the 2001 animated movie.

So... yeah. Cowboy Bebop is getting it's own Hollywood remake movie. I'm actually really excited about this, despite also being worried about it ending-up to be crap. XD

I really, really hope it's as awesome as the series and movie before it. Coz it's one of my most favourite anime of all time and works perfectly both subbed and dubbed.

I'm all for it getting a live action movie - as long as proper time, effort, and budget are put into it. I mean, it has the potential to be amazing!!

So far, the only confirmed role is that of Spike being played by Keanu. Now, I can't imagine anyone else but Spike as Spike. I mean, I love Keanu. He's a great actor and he pulls off so many different roles, and good luck to him with this one. But Spike is Spike... no one can fill his boots! XD

One of my biggest concerns is for Faye. I mean, she doesn't wear much. And, whilst that's been fine so far, I'm worried the movie makers are gonna use this as an excuse to reel in the perfectly sad horny blokes out there (like they do with alot of movies). This alone has the potential to ruin the experiance for me. ¬_¬

I really hope they're mature enough to realise that's not the way to go.

This movie could be so much more, and I'm expecting it to be. It has to live upto it's animated legacy. If it's not going to, then there's no point them making it.

I'm wondering what the plot's gonna be. Is it gonna be a remake of the animate movie? A remake of the Spike/Vicious story line? I mean, it's not like they can fit all the bounties into one movie? Or maybe they're planning to make this into a series of movies?

Maybe it's not even a remake and we'll have a whole new movie plot?
    Kaos
    Kaos
    Level: Chibi

Name : Nick

Cowboy Bebop Empty Re: Cowboy Bebop

Post by Kaos Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:15 am

This is another of those "it could rock or flop" things. As you know I'm a massive Bebop fan myself and I am just as anxious about this as you are.

If it all goes well then I'm sure they will want to make more. Which again could either rock or flop. This could well be a turning point for Bebop and could spark things to move on further and maybe even finally set the record straight regarding Spike (you know what I mean).

And God I hope Ed doesn't turn out to be annoying. She's a great character in the anime and the last thing we need if for them to choose some really crap child actor and/or annoying little brat to play her. Mad
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:26 am

Kaos wrote:If it all goes well then I'm sure they will want to make more. Which again could either rock or flop. This could well be a turning point for Bebop and could spark things to move on further and maybe even finally set the record straight regarding Spike (you know what I mean).

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Spoiler:

O_O

Wait... what if that's what the movie's about!?

Kaos wrote:And God I hope Ed doesn't turn out to be annoying. She's a great character in the anime and the last thing we need if for them to choose some really crap child actor and/or annoying little brat to play her. Mad

I know exactly what you mean!! >_< She's one of my favourite characters!!

I wonder what Ein'll be like!! XP

And I wonder if they'll do anything with Spike and Faye? Seeing as that's another highly speculated (there's that word again) thingy.
    Kaos
    Kaos

Name : Nick

Post by Kaos Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 am

If the movie is about "that" then you'll cry. You know you will. You always do when we watch that episode.

Spike and Faye need to get together officially. I hope Julia isn't in it. ¬_¬;

Or if she is...
    Spoiler:
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:32 am

Kaos wrote:If the movie is about "that" then you'll cry. You know you will. You always do when we watch that episode.

Shuttit. So do you.

Kaos wrote:Spike and Faye need to get together officially. I hope Julia isn't in it. ¬_¬;

Or if she is...
    Spoiler:

As cruel as that is; I hope so too! XDDD
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:10 am

I'm a little happier knowing that Keanu will put his all into this, being that he's an anime fan, and doing a Bebop movie is like, his dream.

I'm still scared it'll end-up disappointing... but I'm actually very optimistic about it really.

Apparently, they're starting with the opening of the series (Asteroid Blues) and ending with the ending of the series (The Real Folk Blues), and I think they're filling the rest of the time with various other favourite stories - hopefully enough to tell the Bebop story in such a short space of time.

Asteroid Blues:
    Spoiler:

Real Folk Blues:
    Spoiler:

I would be totally blown away if they used original music tracks, or gave original music tracks new spins for this movie!! Especially Too Good Too Bad, and the songs The Real Folk Blues, Blue, Call Me Call Me, and lots of others (coz this series has such awesome music).
    Oxide
    Oxide

Name : Jeff

Post by Oxide Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 pm

I really hope this is a gooden.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 pm