Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Giving Blood

Lexi
    Level: Newbie

Name : Holly

Giving Blood Empty Giving Blood

Post by Lexi Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Do you?

I've thought about it a few times and even went into one of those van thing for more information but always chickened out.. lol

I've had my first blood tests done about 7 month ago so I think I would be ok giving blood because it wasn't too freaky for me..

What do you think? Would you?
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Giving Blood Empty Re: Giving Blood

Post by Nightwolf Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Did once. Passed out after giving blood. Never again. LOL!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:26 am

Lexi wrote:Do you?

I've thought about it a few times and even went into one of those van thing for more information but always chickened out.. lol

I've had my first blood tests done about 7 month ago so I think I would be ok giving blood because it wasn't too freaky for me..

What do you think? Would you?

I have a huuuge fear of needles, but I plan to start giving blood as soon as I find somewhere nearby that does it (and when someone can take me coz I know I'll pass-out - lol).

I think it's an amazing thing to do because it really does save lives. ^_^

Joka wrote:Did once. Passed out after giving blood. Never again. LOL!

I don't think that's a very good reason excuse to not do it again. ¬_¬

As I said, I have a huge fear of needles, and I know I'll feel sick, and I know I'll pass-out. But that discomfort is nothing when compared to a life.
    Kamiya_Kaoru
    Kamiya_Kaoru

Name : Lulu

Post by Kamiya_Kaoru Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 am

I have given blood once and unfortunately never been again yet, as I seem to keep suffering with dizzy spells/blackouts a lot over the past few months so i'm kinda scared that I wont react very well to it if I were to go again whilst these are still going on =/

When I did go though they're meant to take 1 pint within a certain time limit (I think it's around 5 minutes or something like that) and for some reason (I don't suffer with low blood pressure or anything) they found it really hard to get the blood out of me (despite my friends who had came with me trying every way they could to try and get me excited somehow, so that it'd pump 'faster' xD) They ended up going over the time limit by about a minute and still didn't quite get the pint they wanted.

Overall though I didn't find it particularly scary at all. Needles don't particularly bother me much and I find it fun to watch the blood come out xD
    Although I do find it amusing that I still have the tiny tiny scar from where the needle was, bearing in mind it was... 3 years ago now (?) something like that xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 pm