Occupy

Fizzie

Name : Sam

Occupy

Post by Fizzie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:30 am

I'm currently making some cupcakes and cookies for the Occupy Bristol lot. =3

They've got a Community Fun Day tomorrow, so I figured it was the perfect time to take some baked goodies over to them ^^

Last edited by Kukikoi on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Re: Occupy

Post by Fizzie on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

So Kaze and I went to the Community Fun Day at the Occupy Bristol site today, and it was lovely. So many friendly people there, and a real sense of community. =)

When I was flicking through one of the local free papers on Friday evening (which I don't normally do - newspapers just don't interest me, but I was bored), I saw a photo of the tents all pitched up. And the idea hit me of making them some cupcakes and cookies. So I did.

Preparation:

Baking well under-way:

Sooo, the cupcakes...

I made some butterscotch (each one with different sprinkles)...

And I made somechocolate (again, each one with different sprinkles)...

And (this is why I lj-cut the entry)! I made some vanilla, which I decided to decorate a little differently than the others. Yeah, each one has differently sprinkles, but vanilla can be so boring, so I thought I'd liven them up abit and iced them in all the colours of the rainbow...

It took me all of Saturday, and abit of Sunday, to get everything baked and iced. But it was well worth it. =3 Just kinda sad we got there so late in the day as I missed most of the Circus Skills Workshop.

I love this so much:

Yeah, I got to play outside. XD

As always, there are more pictures up on my Facebook, in the Occupy Bristol album.

Thank you so much to everyone who made us feel welcome today, and I hope you all enjoy the cookies and cupcakes. ^-^

And a massive, massive thank you to Kaze for driving out for ingredients so late on Friday night, and for carrying most of the baked goodies to the site. <3

Post by Fizzie on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Police Officer Pepper-Sprays Seated, Non-Violent Students At UC Davis

What absolute cunts. Especially the one with the spray, thinking he's so big and hard. Just another fully grown bully. Perhaps he thinks he's making "an example" of them? No, sir. You're making an example of yourself and the police. And it's a bad one. Congratulations.

The article = Here!!

There was absolutely no need for this!! They were peaceful protesters!! If things had become violent then, sure, step in and help calm the situation and keep things under control using reasonable methods. But the only thing violent here was the behaviour of the police themselves.

From what I understand though, as they have no grounds to arrest them, the protesters involved can turn the tide and sue them later anyway. I hope that's f*cking true because none of them deserve to be treated this way, and the police shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Any police offer who goes after these peaceful protesters anywhere in the world, should be ashamed of themselves. They may have their orders, but they also have a choice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 pm