Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3

Poll

Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3

[ 2 ]
    Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3 I_vote_lcap100%Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3 I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3 I_vote_lcap0%Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3 Empty Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3

Post by Fizzie Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Another "just for fun" poll. But also for my own research. I'd like to hear different people's arguments for and against each console. =)
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3 Empty Re: Xbox 360 Vs Playstation 3

Post by Chojin Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:44 pm

While both consoles are great on their own; when compared together, XB360 wins, hands down. Let's start by looking at XBL and PSN.

XBL:
    - Silver Account
    The Silver account gives you almost complete access to XBL's online features, aside from online play

Cost: Free (aside from the ISP's charges)

- Gold Account
    The Gold account gives you complete access to XBL's online features

Cost: £5.99 per month or £39.99 for a year

PSN:
    - Free account
    PSN's free account offers more freedom than XBL, you can play online with a free account, but you're still restricted.

Cost: Free

- Playstation Plus
    Playstation Plus is the PSN equivelent to the gold account of XBL. While there isn't an immediate difference between this account and the fre one, if you explre the PSN store, you will find offes that are eclusive to Plus customers. These deals include discount games and free games. There are more deals, but with me not being a Plus customer, I haven't had a need to have a look.

Cost: £11.99 for 90 days or £39.99 for a year

XB360 - 0
    PS3 - 1 (on the grounds that you can play online for free)

XBL hasn't been hacked; PSN has

XB360 - 1
    PS3 - 1

XBox's website is easily accessible and simple to navigate the basics.
    I've not tried to access Playstation's website, though I have tried to access the PSN site. This has constantly been fruitless leaving customers with problems without online support.

XB360 - 2
    PS3 - 1

I could probably think of more points, but I should probably leave some for others to come up with some, lol
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:33 am

Reading back over my last post, I realise that I'm missing somethng vital.

Backward compatibility:
    - XB360
    XB360 already has a huge selection of games, without even taking into account the games made specifically for it. It is full backwards compatible, though some XB titles may require you to download a free update.

- PS3
    PS3 has a large selection of games, too, but there would be a much bigger selection if, on a PS3, you weren't restricted to PSX and PS3 games. PS3 offers NO backward compatiblity with PS2 games. After the first model, they decided to do away with PS2 BC.

XB360 - 3
    PS3 - 1

If PS3 did allow you to play PS2 games, then the score would be tied at 2 apiece.

There is a small chance that, if I've read it correctly, you can play PSP games on a PS3, but I'll have to check out how true that is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 am