Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Fizzie Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:37 am

Share your experiences, pictures, videos, and reviews.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Chojin Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:41 pm

The one thing that annoys the hell out of me with this game is the fact that I can't afford it, yet >_<
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Chojin wrote:The one thing that annoys the hell out of me with this game is the fact that I can't afford it, yet >_<

Same. Well, was. Turns out Kaze wasn't that hard to convince into buying it early (as in, before the price drops in however-many-months/years). I think he was gonna wait because I hadn't shown that much interest in it, because I didn't know that much about it.

So he bought Oblivion for me to play through. But after reading up more on Skyrim, and hearing alot more about how awesome it is, and basically being hooked in from the mention of character creation (that'll get me everytime), I made mention that I wanted it. XD

He then mentioned that he might get it earlier than planned. Then, later in the evening (with no more mention from me), he asked me what I was doing Monday so that I could come into town with him and get the game (staff discount). XD Or, tomorror (as in today).

It'll probably be Monday though. I've just got myself back into Final Fantasy XIII, and I know if we get Skyrim today; A) We'll both be fighting over the game/tv/console to play it, and B) I'll probably drop FFXIII again when I really need to finish it (it's never taking me this long to complete a Final Fantasy - but more about that in it's proper topic).
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 am

In the nicest possible way... I hate you, lol. Mind you, I did get a £20 gift voucher through my door for Amazon, so it'll only cost me £20 Razz
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:00 am

Chojin wrote:In the nicest possible way... I hate you, lol. Mind you, I did get a £20 gift voucher through my door for Amazon, so it'll only cost me £20 :P

Hehe!! That's cool. =)

Also, we got the game today. XD Kaze's just done the character creation, and he's gonna play after dinner.

I dunno when I'll play yet because I really wanted to wait 'til after I'd finished Final Fantasy XIII, however, I know if I watch someone else playing a game; I won't bother.

I did it with Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I watched one of my friends play through most of it, and thus I lost the motivation to play it myself because nothing felt special anymore.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:24 am

I'm so tempted to watch videos on youtube, but I know that'll only make me want to play it myself even more >_<
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:45 am

Have to say, I'm very disappointed with the character creation. I've ended-up with "just another human" character because the lizards and cats look awful, and all the elves look like aliens. ¬_¬
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 am

You know you can change the individual aspects of the face, and even some parts of the body, right?
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 am

Chojin wrote:You know you can change the individual aspects of the face, and even some parts of the body, right?

Yep. And they still look awful.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:40 am

To each their own, lol. You won't see your face often, anway, and the addition of different armours will completely change the look, so really you're only choosing the race for teir individual qualities; khajiit can see in the dark with their "Night Eye", Argonians can breath underwater and are resistant to disease, etc.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:31 am

Chojin wrote:To each their own, lol. You won't see your face often, anway, and the addition of different armours will completely change the look, so really you're only choosing the race for teir individual qualities; khajiit can see in the dark with their "Night Eye", Argonians can breath underwater and are resistant to disease, etc.

I play in third-person, so I'll see my character more than most, I guess. Also, I wanted a magic user, so I'm a Breton.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:48 am

The third person is better than it was in Oblivion, the character models move a little more realitically. If you're going to cconcentrate on magic, then I suggest dual-weilding offensive magic with support magic. Of course you can favourite them so you don't need to constantly keep going into your inventory to change them. Given that you've already been playing, whereas I haven't, you've probably already figued this out for yourself, rendering this post practically redundant, lol
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:08 am

Couldn't resist any longer, I've now ordered Skyrim
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:27 am

Chojin wrote:Couldn't resist any longer, I've now ordered Skyrim

Hehe!! Welcome to addiction. =p Although saying that, I've managed to keep away from it as I wanna finish FFXIII first. But I can see that going down the pan tomorrow in favour of some Skyrim funz.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 am

I was going to get it anyway, was just waiting for my code to get £20 off. Might keep hold of it and get Halo CE for about £7, lol
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 am

Ok, I admit it; I smelled the map...
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 am

Chojin wrote:Ok, I admit it; I smelled the map...

We put ours up on the wall. XD
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:05 am

I love the feel of it
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:29 am

I'm having *major* problem with it because, eventhough I'm in third-person, I still need to move a seperate camera around. It f*cking sucks!!

It's so hard to look at things, or hit things, because of that stupid x thing in the middle of the screen that I have to bugger about with.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:04 am

*huffs... puffs... wheezes*

So... *breathes* many... *breathes* steps...

They still haven't got the 3rd person perspective right, but it is an improvement on Oblivion. When you're in 3rd person, I did notice that the crosshair isn't where you're quite aiming.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Chojin wrote:They still haven't got the 3rd person perspective right, but it is an improvement on Oblivion. When you're in 3rd person, I did notice that the crosshair isn't where you're quite aiming.

Yeah. Although I might practise some first-person tomorrow (if I don't have another bad head). It seems more useful in this game, but weather or not I'll be able to use it is another thing. >_<
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm surprised, because I'm finding myself using 3rd person quite a bit. I seem to keep flicking back and forth.

How far into it are you?
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 pm

Chojin wrote:I'm surprised, because I'm finding myself using 3rd person quite a bit. I seem to keep flicking back and forth.

How far into it are you?

Not far at all. I only just got to the first village because I only went as far as character creation a few nights ago, and then told myself to put it down because I wanted to do FFXIII.

But Kaze's been bugging me to play, and I wanna play some more before work tomorrow. So I'll probably have a proper play when I get back from town today.

I'm not even sure how far he's into it. It's alot further than me, but I've been ignoring his play so that I don't end-up doing what I did with Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

Basically, I bought it on day of release, really excited about playing it. But I spent so much time watching a friend play it round their house instead, that I just lost all motivation for it.

So I'm trying not to let that happen with this too. ^^;
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:36 am

Hows everyone doing on Skyrim?
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:24 am

Sooo, Skyrim... what're my first thoughts (yes, first, I've only started playing again today because of that non-stop migraine the other week)? Well, to be honest; not good.

First of all, I was extremely disappointed in the character creation. I'd heard about how much went into it, etc. And I was determined to make myself a kitty character. But, my god, the cats look awful. As do the lizards. And the elves. And as I'm not a fan of orcs, I ended-up with a human character. Yay... ¬_¬

And there's isn't much that goes into the customization at all either. And I'm guessing our tv doesn't help. But yeah, there's not much there to play with at all. And the hair is very limited, and it doesn't help that you can't see the back of the hair style while you're making your choice.

Now, I've only been playing a short while, so don't have me for not falling inlove with it with. I'm hoping my views will change the more I play it. I'm simply giving glimpse of my first thoughts here.

At the moment, I've made it to White Run. Well, somewhere abit further from there actually as I accidentally managed to get myself arrested. Basically, I was talking to some wench in some bar, and somehow stole something off the table.

This brings me on to my troubles with the camera. Even in third-person, you have to deal with seperate head and body cameras. I can't. I've just never been able to. I'm forcing myself to keep trying now only because I've seen how good this game apparently gets. But I hate it (the cameras).

Also, we have a major problem with the text on our screen too. It's really hard to read, well, everything in this game.

So anyway, I've got f*ck all money, sh*tty armour, and poor armour. Where can I get something better? Where can I get more money? I've no idea. I've spoken to everyone I've come across until now, and they're all boring as hell.

Why am I being asked to deliver some guy's message to some wench in some place I've not even got a clue of? *shrugs* I dunno. Apparently he can't bring himself to move his feet in order to take this letter to this woman he apparently wants. Guess he can't want her that much. And she ain't getting this letter either.

It's not even a love letter, so it's not like he's embarrassed. It's a letter full of sh*t about some other guy that this guy is trying to put this woman off of.

Dude. Seriously?

My main focus at the moment is getting to this college place and learning magic. And getting a horse at some point. Which I'll need money for. Where can I get said money? I dunno. *shrugs* And is anyone gonna tell me? Nope. Like I said, I've spoken to everyone and got nowhere. They all give me stupid tasks. Maybe some of these tasks will bring me money? Maybe. Or maybe I can just head on out there and slaughter a bunch of animals, skin them, and sell their hides.

But where do I sell them too? I dunno. I've no idea who lives where or does what. These people bore the f*ck outta me. But I'm sure someone'll take these dead animals off me. Look, if no one's gonna give me a job that doesn't involve doing something stupid like handing letters out, then I'll just have to make a living a different way.

Ok, lemme explain why these people bore me so much (I mean apart from the fact they're all losers); they splurt out names or people and places that I've never heard of. If I did that to some randomer who walked up to me, without explaining things properly, I'm sure I'd confused and bored the f*ck outta them too.

I'm really not a fan of the battle animation at all either. It looks... off. So I'm not even having fun with I'm swinging my sword about. Magic looks abit better, but it's still nothing special.

Kaze seems to think I'm going about it all wrong. He asked me what I'd wanna do if I was actually in the world of Skyrim. Well, first of all I'd like to know who the f*ck I was. This character has no background. I woke up in a cart, being taken to my death. I may or may not have stolen something. That's it.

I'd also like to know where the important places are. Where do I get food, clothes, weaponary, etc. Where can I stay? Where can I earn some money?

And, what's with these dragons? Where can I train, and how can I fight them?

I don't wanna run around talking to people with sh*tty attitudes, delivering letters, and telling some little b*tch girl to stop pulling some little pussy boy.

The only other game I play as open as this, is Final Fantasy XIV. It too has it's own main story line, but unlike this game, I find alot of other fun things to do besides. And it offers the chance to talk to real people, as well as npcs who actually explain things in a way you can understand.

But there, what do I do? Anything I want. I wanted to become a mage, so I did. I go out to train whenever and wherever I want to. I use various modes of transportation. I meet new people. I do quests that I find fun. I go on hunts with people. I learn different crafting skills so I can make stuff for myself, and sell stuff on if I want to.

I do anything I want. I have so many options open to me that I can't even remember them all right not to list them. But it's a hell of alot of fun.

I imagine I can do all that on Skyrim, right? So why don't I feel like it? And why does everything seem so boring?

Maybe I just need to get further into it. Maybe I need to learn the system abit better. Maybe I just haven't found my focus yet.

I don't know. I just don't feel any connection with my character, or the events going on around her.

I honestly hope this game snatches me up as much as it has done everyone else... only time will tell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm