Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Ske
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Post by Ske on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Any Sherlock Holmes out there? What are you thoughts and opinions on the most recent movie? How did it compare to the first one?

As a side-note, if you watch the BBC series, how does the updated setting compare?

Personally I'm a big fan of the Sherlock films. Really enjoyed A Game of Shadows, a nice mix of action and comedy with a dose of usual shenanigans. The first and second compare quite similarly for me, but I think the second's a bit better Very Happy.

I'm also a big fan of the BBC series, which is currently airing (second season). It's a fresh take on things and whilst Sherlock is quite evidently portrayed quite differently I think it works really well. Really, the series and the movies are entirely different in terms of how Sherlock comes across, but the series maintains the usual air of mystery and comedy, just without as much action Razz.
    TheSensei
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

Name : Joey Studley

Re: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Post by TheSensei on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:02 pm

I also agree the first and second are the same in that respect i prefer the second one though as i have seen it four times and still not become bored of it (i am a huge Sherlock Holmes fan i have all the books too)

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:08 am