Star Wars Episode 7

Chojin

Name : Craig

Star Wars Episode 7

Post by Chojin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm as surprised as the next person at this reveal, especially after Lucas insisted during an interview on the prequel trilogy that that was it.

I'm sure that by now it's no secret that Disney have bought Lucasfilms and it's subsidiaries, which is part of the reason for my mixed feelings on the subject.

With Star Wars now being owned by Disney, I can't help but feel that we'll have Mickey Mouse heads popping up throughs episode 7 and beyond. I say beyond because Disney plans not only to do the sequel trilogy, but also plans on doing a further 1 movie every 3-5 years, roughly.

But anyway, back to episode 7. As an avid Star Wars fan, I am skeptical at best. There is a timeline already established within the books. This is a mixed blessing. Disney aren't known for their originality, that's Pixar's department, so the books and the details within them will be a boon to Disney. However, if they pick the wrong story arc, they could completely ruin a long running, well established story.

I've done a little reading on Episode 7, but not much. Some things that have been mentioned have me thinking "god help them if they get that wrong." while others have had me thinking that they can't do that, that it doesn't fit in anywhere.

But then I'm not a critic. I reserve judgement until I know more. More Star Wars is what we, the fans, have been wanting, and we got it... well, we will have it.

Disney plan to release Episode 7 in 2015.

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:06 am