Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Ouran High School Host Club

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Ouran High School Host Club Empty Ouran High School Host Club

Post by Fizzie Thu May 08, 2008 5:58 am

Ouran High School Host Club Ohshc01

I was re-watching this the other day. Still love it!!

I really do recommend it to everyone. It's a good laugh and touching when it needs to be as well.

I think my faves are (in alphabetical order) Haruhi, Hikaru, Kaoru, and Tamaki. I have trouble deciding between those four the most. ^^;;
    Oxide
    Oxide

Name : Jeff

Ouran High School Host Club Empty Re: Ouran High School Host Club

Post by Oxide Wed May 14, 2008 6:20 am

I bet you would be their best customer!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:24 pm

Random facts for people that don't already know:

This has been licensed for English Dubbing. This, as with any anime, could be a good thing, or a bad thing.

I hope they're not going to cut-out anything, etc. They can't aim this towards kids because they just won't get it.

Fun to hear that Vic Mignogna (who voiced Ed in Full Metal Alchemist) will be voicing Tamaki, and Caitlin Glass (who voiced Winry in Full Metal Alchemist) will be voicing Haruhi!!

But it coulda been funky if they had Brad Swaile doing Tamaki, as he did Light in Death Note. And any Death Note and Ouran High School Host Club fans know that the Japanese voice actor Mamoru Miyano did both their voices. So it might've been funny to have the same English dubber do both too. =p

Hikaru and Kaoru may or may not work out. The Japanese voice actors Kenichi Suzumura (Hikaru) and Yoshinori Fujita (Kaoru) had a talent for talking in perfect time with eachother. I'm not sure if the English dubbers will be able to pull this off or not. But here's hoping.

A guy called Todd Haberkorn is voicing Hikaru. But I have no idea what he sounds like as I've not seen anything else he's dubbed. I hope it's good coz I love the twins!!

Greg Ayres (who's voiced Chrono in Chrono Crusade) is voicing Kaoru. He's pretty good. =)

J. Michael Tatum is voicing Kyoya, but again, I haven't watched anything they've dubbed, so I dunno what they sound like.

Travis Willingham (who voiced Roy in Full Metal Alchemist) is voicing Takashi! Hehehe!!

Luci Christian (who voiced Wrath in Full Metal Alchemist) is voicing Mitsukuni.

There. That'll do for now. =p
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:45 pm

I recently decided to share this awesomeness with NMD. And I came across the English Dub. Now, I knew it'd been licenced, but I'd not actually checked for a long, long time, if the dub was already avalible... mainly because this is one of my very most favourite series', and I was worried about it being tainted (like many others) by editors and dubbers.

So, I had episode one ready to go. But before subjecting us to it, we watched the first episode in it's original Japanese Dub, because I didn't want NMD's first impressions to be based on the English Dub. And because I hadn't seen it in a while and I needed a going squee. =p

When it was time to move on to the dub version of episode one, I found myself both excited and worried (as I always do when I watch a dub for the first time). And, I have to say, I was plesantly surprised. Impressed, even.

The voices are great!!

It does suffer from dubber ignorance though... they seem incapable of pronouncing Tamaki, and it becomes Tomaki - which really irks me every single time they say it. And, as I've found with many dubs now, Americans seem to be incapable of pronoucing any name correctly that involved the letter R somewhere in that name.

Look, when you're not sure how to pronounce something correctly: do your damn research and watch a few episodes!!

Haruhi, sounds like a popper-rocker! It sounds awesome, and despite it was weird to hear at first, it actually suits her. XD

Tamaki, is awesome!! Vic does Tamaki so well. It's hilarious!! XD When he starts off the first episode but explaining things, all I could picture was Ed (Full Metal Alchemist) saying this weird stuff! XD But the voice very quickly became Tamaki's, and is just awesomeness!!

Kyoya, well, his voice kinda stunned me for a moment when I first heard it. I wasn't sure what to make of it. The only I can think of describing it (coz I'm not good with that kinda thing) is that it's very strong. I got used to it very quickly because it does actually suit him.

Hikaru and Kaoru are done amazingly well too. Upon hearing of the dub, I was worried that the voice actors wouldn't be able to pull-off all the talking-in-sync, but they do. And they do it brilliantly. Totally awesome!!

Mori has an awesome voice too!! Though, as anyone who's seen the Japanese Dub already knows, we won't actually get to hear very much of it! XD

Honey... well... I dunno. He's probably the only Host Club member lacking in the voice department. When he speaks, you know it's some grown woman putting on a child's voice. I know that's how things work in all over dub land (English and otherwise), but you're not meant to able to tell that every time the character speaks!!

We watched some random episodes after that. Mainly because I was trying to pick some of the bestest best ones for NMD to experiance. Yes... I know you see what I was doing!! I confess. I was trying to hook him into the series. And why the hell not!? Everyone should experiance the awesomeness that is Ouran High School Host Club!! =3

Lolz!!

Anyways, if you haven't watched either version yet: do it!! Start with the Japanese though because, despite it being great in English, it's actually still better in Japanese.

I've actually yet to find an English Dub that out-does it's Japanese Dub. I've found a few that match it (Cowboy Bebop, for example), but not one that beats it yet.

I has to go now!!

Have a good day, guys!!

^-^
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Post by Nightwolf Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:26 pm

Kitai wrote:I recently decided to share this awesomeness with NMD.

I admit I liked it! Both versions were really good. The twins made me laugh but so did a lot of it. Very good stuff indeed!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:39 am

Joka wrote:I admit I liked it! Both versions were really good. The twins made me laugh but so did a lot of it. Very good stuff indeed!

You should watch it all. It's awesome!!

I still haven't watched the whole thing in English yet, coz I've been watching Naruto Shippuden and Soul Eater (in Japanese, not English). But I've definatly gotta get around to finishing it.

Thing is, watching it in English makes me wanna watch it all over again in Japanese!! XD
    Lamb
    Lamb
    Level: Newbie

Name : Lucy

Post by Lamb Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:46 am

Ouran is probably my most favourite anime series. I love it and the English version isn't as bad as I was expecting either.
    Oxide
    Oxide

Post by Oxide Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Uh oh, more fangirls. XD
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:40 am

Awww!! I'm sooooo happy!!

I ordered Ouran High School Host Club: Series One - Part One from Play and they sent it to me early!!

It's not meant to be released until Monday and they sent it out to me the day after I ordered it, and it arrived Saturday!!

Squeeeeeeeeee!!

^__________^
    Oxide
    Oxide

Post by Oxide Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 am

I have to admit that when I first heard about this series it seemed it was too aimed at girls for my taste. But it's actually really great and I'm glad I was forced in to watching it (thanks Ki). XD
    LittleMiss
    LittleMiss

Name : Jemma

Post by LittleMiss Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:53 am

*giant fangirl squee*
    i adore ouran Very Happy although i am yet to see the japanese version. I've watched the dubbed more times than i can remember and i'm in love with the manga. I can't get enough.xx
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:26 am

LittleMiss wrote:*giant fangirl squee*
    i adore ouran Very Happy although i am yet to see the japanese version. I've watched the dubbed more times than i can remember and i'm in love with the manga. I can't get enough.xx

Awesome!! Another Ouran fan!! Very Happy
    LittleMiss
    LittleMiss

Name : Jemma

Post by LittleMiss Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

indeedy. 3 more volumes to read then i have to wait till january for the next one!! i refuse to read them online. lol. i watched a couple of episodes in japanese yesterday, i love honey's voice and haru chans but the others kinda throw me off because i'm so use to the english VA's so i've discovered if i put it in english stero and keep subtitles on its the translation for the japanese version >.<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm