Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

TMNT Sequel

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

TMNT Sequel Empty TMNT Sequel

Post by Fizzie Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:58 am

It looks like there's going to be a sequel for 2010, however, I'm not sure if it's been given the 100% go-ahead yet.

I'm worried about something I read online:

"Peter Laird has talked about how they are exploring different options on how to do the next film such as a live-action film with CGI turtles..."

This would not be good. They should leave things as they are. The whole thing being CGI really worked.

They really hit upon an awesome design for the Turtles with the last movie, and if the next movie has live-action characters, then the designs for the Turtles will have to change yet again. And I doubt for the better.

I fear that if the next sequel is a mix of live-action and CG, we may be looking at another failed TMNT film (we all know which other one I'm referring to, of course).

I was really excited about seeing a sequel to the CG movie (as you probably all know), but now I'm feeling the dread...
    Wellard
    Wellard
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Name : Jeff

TMNT Sequel Empty Re: TMNT Sequel

Post by Wellard Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:08 pm

I know exactly what you mean and what's worrying is the fact that they've almost ruined the franchise before. The 3rd live action film was embarrasing, The Next Mutation series was terrible and the 2003 cartoon series just got worse as it went on. So it's not like we can rely on them making the right decisions with this either.

We've just got to hope they stick with what's proven to work and we get another all CG film with the same turtle models.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Wellard wrote:I know exactly what you mean and what's worrying is the fact that they've almost ruined the franchise before. The 3rd live action film was embarrasing, The Next Mutation series was terrible and the 2003 cartoon series just got worse as it went on. So it's not like we can rely on them making the right decisions with this either.

We've just got to hope they stick with what's proven to work and we get another all CG film with the same turtle models.

Totally agree!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:11 am

Wellard wrote:The 3rd live action film was embarrasing, The Next Mutation series was terrible and the 2003 cartoon series just got worse as it went on.

Mad There was no 3rd live action film; now let's never speak of it again.

As for The Next Mutation, what were they thinking? I will admit, each of the turtles had their own unique dress sense as opposed to the uniform belt, bandana and pads combo. But what were they thinking putting vampires in it? And why did they make them appear in Power Rangers? (My sister watches it).

I would like it if the sequel was fully CGed, at least they know they can do that. To have a live action film with CG turtles would take a lot more effort, time and money. It can be done, and done well, but I don't think that trying to make this sequel like that would be a very good idea. Stick to the fully CGed style, that's what I say.
    Flikk
    Flikk
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

Post by Flikk Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 pm

I have to agree. I doubt I'm as much a TMNT fan as some of you are (esp. Kitai who I consider to be obsessed) but I did enjoy the first two movies and the newest one and as much as I'm attached to the old costume movies I do think that CG is the way to go. Full CG.
    Oxide
    Oxide

Post by Oxide Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Bring it!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Okay... came across this today:

Really excited, but really worried too...

HOLLYWOOD -- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are making their way back to the bigscreen.

The Mirage Group, which owns the property, is moving forward with a live-action film focusing on the origins of the iconic crime fighters. Project, targeted for release in 2011, would mark the fifth bigscreen outing for the sewer-dwelling heroes Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as well as their master Splinter.

News coincides with the Turtles' 25th anniversary celebration, which kicks off Thursday in New York as the first "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" film unspools at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Legendary Pictures former chief marketing officer Scott Mednick is producing the new pic alongside Galen Walker, who produced the 2007 computer-animated "TMNT" pic, the most recent installment in the franchise. Peter Laird, Gary Richardson, Frederick Fierst, Eric Crown and Napoleon Smith III are exec producing the film, which is based on the characters created by Laird and Kevin Eastman.

The characters first appeared in a May 1984 comicbook before spawning a lucrative line of toys, cartoons and three films released in the early 1990s. In 2003, the Turtles were reintroduced to a new generation via a TV series, the "TMNT" film and a revamped merchandising program.

The latest project is being financed by Lightbox Prods.

"The original dozen comics created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman are some of the best source material one could hope for," said Mednick, whose exec producing credits include the upcoming "Where the Wild Things Are." Laird, who bought out Eastman's share of the property several years ago, said the film will remain true to the spirit of the original comicbooks. He added that the pic may employ face replacement technology, which would allow the turtles to be much more expressive.

Today's 25th anniversary "Shell-ebration" will also include lighting the Empire State Building in "turtle green."

Why, why, whhhyyy!?

After the disaster that was "that" thing, why would they do another live action film!?

I mean, we all know the first two were awesome, but then came "that" other live action one...

TMNT were bought back to life and pretty much rescued by the CG movie. That's what we need!! Another CG one!!

Shell, it's what they need too!!

I'm sure this "live action" movie is gonna be what I heard about before though. CG Turtles (or live action Turtles but "toughed-up" with CGI) and live action everything-else... whilst this could work, they're better off leaving everything all CG. The last movie had an awesome comic book feel about it and that's what we need.

For the love of everything green, why not just stick with what works!?

>_<

Of couse, I would, and will, be more than happy to admit I'm wrong if this movie if anywhere near as good as the last one. But, as much as I'd love that... I doubt it.

And, come on. We all know what to expect in this day-and-age. Some little tart will be picked to play April based on looks alone. And last I heard of this live action and CG mix; the original voice actors from TMNT are gonna play their roles... which means Sarah as April.

Now, where this would be great, it probably won't be because she'll be used in the same way Megan was used in Transformers. Pointless eye-candy.

The movie is about the Turtles!!

That's what we want!! Turtles!! Not crap added in to the movie just for the sake of making a few extra bux by attracting a bunch of horny retards!!

And let's not fool ourselves here... using actors means the Turtle's will have less screen time. The CG film was great because it really focused on the Turtles, and had a good balance with the other characters too, but now we'll be with the "less Turtles, more Humans" rubbish.

I think Sarah could do a good job as April, but not if they screw-around with April's character during the production. Please, leave April as April! She's never needed to be anything more than the April we've all grown to know and love.

Same for Casey. Now, Chris'll make an awesome Casey. The character just seems to suit him. But again, only if the writers, producers, etc, don't screw around with his character.

It's only recently we've seen Casey and April in a really good place.

And why is this focusing on the origins anyways!? We've been there already!? Time and time again in some media cases!!

So why? Because they wanna use April's character as her single self so they can, as I said, use Sarah as they did Megan. Screw that!!

Geez... I really hope I'm proven wrong. -_-;

I'm just so worried they'll ruin our Turtle friends all over again... and possibly even worse this time...

It's TMNT!! Show us some butt-kicking-skate-boarding-pizza-eating action and skip-out on the cheap sleeze!!
    Oxide
    Oxide

Post by Oxide Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:51 am

Ki, when I saw you had updated this topic I was excited. Now I wish I could unsee what I've seen. This is terrible! Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:49 am