Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Soul Eater: Resonance

Rickettz
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi

Name : John

Soul Eater: Resonance - Page 6 Empty Re: Soul Eater: Resonance

Post by Rickettz Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Nurse Claire waited until the door closed and looked back at Chandler. "Enough to force a change, I hear." She said, motioning for him to move into the center of the office. "Yes ma'am. But I think of it as saving lives rather than tossing mine out." Chandler replied, moving to the position. Claire moved the cupboard Chandler had been venting his anger upon and turned back to him. "Could you please refrain from destroying the office, I do have breakables in here."
    "Yes ma'am." She returned to the dented cabnet, pulling out a very long and wide swath of bandage.
    "One thing I have to give to the blood is that it saved your hide from the blast of a WITCH! Now that is something few people can boast about..." Claire turned back with a big bottle of paste, a packet of swabs and the roll of bandage. "Suppose I should get to work..."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:19 pm

As she opens the main doors, Chloe finds her brother sitting on the steps. She takes a moment to replace any serious empression that may belerking on her face, with a smile. Regardless of whatever she was thinking or feeling inside, it was always better just to smile and pretend like everything was okay. And today is no different.

So with a smile on her face, she makes her way over to Dehx and sits beside him.

"What're you doing out here?" She asks with a kind of chirp in her voice.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:25 pm

Dehx sat totally oblivious to everything around him; so oblivious that he didn't notice Chloe right away.
    "Dehx..." Chloe said again. Dehx didn't move nor reply, he thought he imagined he heard his sister.
    "DOT!" Chloe said with a slightly raised voice.
    "You know I hate that." Dehx said as he forced the deep thoughtful look from his face in time to turn and give Chloe a smile. Chloe giggled.
    "Away with the fairies, were you?" Chloe asked.
    "Yeah, I was." Dehx replied sheepishly. Chloe sat down beside him and looked around.
    "So what you doing out here?" She asked.
    "I'm just thinking about the last few days." He replied.
    "What about the last few days?" Chloe said curiously.
    "How it's all been exactly the same as last year, but completely different; if you no what I mean." Dehx said, not entirely convinced he understood, himself.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 pm

"Forget it." He says, shaking the thought off. "How are you feeling? Did the nurse give you the OK?"

"Mm, kinda." Chloe nods. "I have to go back for some results or something. But I'm feeling much better." She smiles, but also wonders how much of that statement is actually true.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:42 am

Dehx looked at his sister as she said she was ok. To him, she seemed a little unsure of herself. Dehx put it down to the stress of everything that's happened. Considering they had only been back at Shibusen for just a couple of days, it had been very... eventful. He put his arm around her and pulled her into a one-armed hug.
    "Everything will be fine, I promise." He said with a smile as he shook her arm slightly. Chloe smiled in response to Dehx' reassuring promise; and his hug helped, somewhat.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:16 pm

For a short while, Chloe just sits there, enjoying her brother's hug. He always made her feel safe. Even since they were little kids, a simple hug from her brother would just seem to banish all her troubles away. If she'd ever hurt herself, or been upset by something, he'd always be there with a smile and a hug just for her.

But things had been a little more complcated through the years. Their worlds didn't seem so care free and easy to fix anymore. But maybe that's just what happens as you grow-up. Problems become a little more serious, especially for meisters and weapons. These days, a bump on the head, or losing your ball over a fence, doesn't seem as big a deal anymore... not when you've got more important to worry about... like people's lives.

"It's funny how things change... yet stay the same..." She says outloud, pausing for a moment as she realises how serious she must've sounded.

Shaking it off, she gives Dehx a big squeeze, before jumping back up onto her feet.

"I'm hungry! Let's get some ice cream." She smiles.

"Ice cream?" He asks, raising a brow as he stands.

"Sure. Everybody has ice cream when they're not well". She says, as they walk back towards the main doors.

"That's soup." He reminds her. "You only got ice cream when you had a bad throat."

"I have a bad throat." She says, letting out a couple of fake coughs. "See."

"What am I gonna do with you?" Dehx just shakes his head, trying not to laugh.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Chloe began to make her way inside. Dehx went to follow but was stopped when a pain shot through the wound on his face. He knew the pain wouldn't be totally gone and it was nothing he couldn't handle. He ignored it and followed Chloe inside.
    "I'll be glad when all this activity is over and we setlle back into the school routine." Dehx said as he caught up with his sister.
    "You and your routines." Chloe joked.
    "At least it's safe and we won't be in danger of facing off against another witch before we're ready." Dehx explained as they walked the halls, "Hang on a second." He said as they reached the door to the mens room.
    "Ok." Chloe replied with a smile as Dehx went inside.

The mens room was pretty empty. Dehx looked at the wall where Zack had deliberately bounced his own head off it in an attempt to frame Dehx. Dehx just shook his head; Zack was obviously a very disturbed person. Dehx actually felt sorry for him. His thoughts were interrupted by someone he really wasn't wanting to see, right now.
    "Here we are again." Said Zack from over by the sinks.
    "So it would seem." Dehx said as he gave Zack a wide berth. Zack turned round and leant on the sinks. Both of their faces bore wounds left by the other.
    "You like it?" Zack said showing Dehx the marks on his face like they were a peice of art, "I call it Faceplanted by Tabitz."
    "Funny." Dehx replied in a nt so pleased tone. Dehx was always on his guard around Zack, and he didn't like it.
    "Well, I would love to stay and play, but I just can't be bothered." Zack said as he lifted himself of the sink and made his way towards the door and out into the corridor.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Chloe casually leans against the wall in the corridor, waiting for her brother.

"Chloe." Zack gives a single wave as he passes her.

"Hey." She replies, returning the wave.

She watches as he walks away. Since the fight she'd witnessed outside between Dehx and Zack, she hasn't been quite sure how to handle him. She'd always thought their rivalry had been more of a friendly one. But the look in their eyes, and the tension in the air that time... it was more aggressive than anything else.

With a sigh, she leans her head against the wall.

"It'll all work out... somehow." She thinks to herself.

Chloe had always had the hope, especially in tough situations, that everything eventually works out for the best. Though there was always a "what if" in the back of her mind.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:21 am

Dehx wandered over to the mirror and checked over his own wounds. They didn't seem that deep, apart from the one crossing over the bridge of his nose from his forehead to his cheek. The pain, however, wasn't coming from that one, it was coming from the incision just above his right eye; the healing wound had split. Dehx quickly cleaned it up in case it had gotten dirty and made his way out of the mens room

Outside the mens room, Chloe was leaning against the wall. Dehx rubbed his wet hands on her face to get her attention.
    "eeww." Chloe moaned.
    "Give over, it was just water." Dehx laughed.
    "Yeah, but it was wet." Chloe said, stating the blatantly obvious. Dehx laughed to himself again.
    "You ok?" He asked as she picked herself up off the wall and continued down the corridor.
    "You two need to get over yourselves, it's getting too much." Chloe said in a little more serious tone that Dehx was used to coming from her.
    "Oh how I wish we could." Dehx said as he shook his head looking towards the floor, slightly.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:35 am

Chloe walks beside her brother, not really sure what to say. Her mind was still a buzz with the events that had already taken place since their return to school. But whilst there's so much going through her head, it's also hard to focus properly on them.

"It might be a good idea to get some food into you." Dehx suggests. "Or at least some fluids. It might make you feel better."

"Mm." Chloe nods, then wondering silently if she should bring something back for Chandler, but she doesn't know what he likes, so what should she choose...

"What's wrong?" Dehx asks, noticing Chloe's confused and hard thinking expression.

She just smiles and shakes her head as they continue their way to the canteen.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:57 am

The walk to the canteen seemed to take ages. Dehx knew that something was bothering Chloe, but he knew that he wouldn't get it out of her by asking all the time.
    "It's not like you to be so quiet." Dehx said reluctantly as he opened the door to the canteen.
    "hmmm?" Chloe managed, not really paying too much attention.
    "You've never been this quiet. Whatever it is, you can tell me," Chloe stopped dead and looked at Dehx but didn't say a word, "in your own time, of course." Dehx concluded as they both entered the canteen.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:44 am

Chloe enters the canteen with her brother, who quickly chooses a drink without much hesitation. But Chloe stands around, checking out all the different items avalible, trying to make up her mind what she wants, and trying to think of something to bring Chandler. Something universal, so he's more likely to like it... but what's universal amoung foods?

It isn't long before Dehx notices his sister taking longer than usual to decide what she's wants. And even when she picks up a fizzy fruit drink for herself, she still stands the, looking over everything once again.

For a moment, he wonders if it's just her trying to decide on something to eat now. But then he notices her focus is more on the drinks again, as her reaches for something, but hesitates and she continues to think again.

"Problem?" He asks, but she smiles and grabs another fizzy fruit drink.

"Nope." She says, smiling up at him as she walks past with her two drinks, having decided to skip on food for now, and also on trying to decide what Chandler might like.

Whatever she chose, it was 50/50 if he liked it or not. So it made sense, to her at least, to grab something she thinks is nice, as a recommendation if nothing else.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:35 am

"You really did a number here, Chandler," Nurse Claire said, finishing the session long rebuke, "But I do thank you, otherwise I'd be identifying parts and DO NOT let it go to your head, the 'Black Blood' is as far as we know still a danger." She pinned the bandage and bade him to sit down on the bed.
    "Chloe........ there isn't anything wrong with her, is there?" Came a quiet voice from Chandler.
    "Well..." Claire began, sealing any bloody material away, "That's what the tests are for, kiddo. We really hope not, two possible 'Black Blood' hosts in Shibusen is not a good idea by any means..... But Lord Shinigami seemed more anxious than worried..." Chandler narrowed his eyes at the nurse and Claire just shrugged back. "I don't know, Chandler. I'm not in on everything around here, alright?"
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:34 am

Sitting in the canteen with their drinks, Dehx and Chloe can't help but silently reflect on the recent events since their return to Shibusen. It's almost as if they can't stop thinking, and seeing the images replay in their heads time after time, and wonder just what might happen next.

Chloe's ficus shifts for a moment, onto the fruit drink she'd picked-up for Chandler, her thoughts also flicking onto him, and what he'd already been through since coming to Shibusen, and wondering just what else he may have been through before.

But she never liked thinking about anything too serious for too long, and she shakes the thoughts away, passing a smile to her brother as he sits opposite, before taking another sip of her drink.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:01 am

Dehx sat opposite Chloe, thinking about the last couple of days. He had known tough starts to school years, but this was by far the worst, yet. He replayed the days over in his head again and again, trying to see where things started going wrong.

His thoughts were interupted when Chloe began looking at her second drink. Within moments, her expression changed. Now she was thinking again. Where her mind was could be anyone's guess. She shook her head, as if shaking away a serious thought, and smiled at Dehx.
    "I thought it was strange getting two drinks, as well." Dehx said, with a little laugh.
    "Huh?" Chloe said with a confused look.
    "You were looking at the drink like you were trying to figure out where it came from and why it was sitting there." Dehx replied. Chloe laughed a little, but seemed to be lost for words, which was a little odd.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:41 pm

There's suddenly a slightly akward feel to the air as the pair resume a silence. Chloe doesn't know what to say, and she can tell that her brother knows she doesn't know what to say, and she knows that seems strange.

She doesn't even know why she doesn't just tell him that the extra drink if for Chandler, to help him feel better. And the more she silently questions herself as to why she won't just come out and say as such, just gives her another confused look on her face, which Dehx obviously notices.

"Eheh." Chloe smiles nervously as she notices him noticing, and she begins to get out of her seat. "I'm gonna head back to the nurse's office."

Taking the extra with her, Chloe makes her way to exit the canteen, hoping her brother will just assume she's going back to pick up her blood test results. And again, the question of why she doesn't just tell him she's going to see a friend, enters her mind.

But, in true Chloe style, she shakes it off and plants a smile on her face instead. She'll tell him later. It's no big deal, after all.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:27 am

"Well, that's the best we can do right now, Chandler. Your skin should have a good base to grow upon between the bandage and the hardened 'blood'. I would suggest that you stay at home for a week or so, but I'm certain you would ignore it. Just don't get into fights, your body need time to recover and replenish itself." Nurse Claire finished berating him, tying off the bandage and coming to sit in front of him. "Trust me, Chandler. The last thing I want is to have you more depressed than normal because Chloe might, might have been contaminated. We're trying our best, kiddo." Her smile was infectious and Chandler found himself following suit.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:43 am

As Chloe approaches the door to the Nurse's Office once again, she hesitates, stopping herself from bursting right in like she'd normally do. But even as she then raises her hand to knock, she hesitates again, unsure exactly why as she lowers her hand again.

And just as she thinks about turning away and maybe catching-up with Chandler later, the door is pulled open from the other side and she finds herself right infront of him.

At first, he seems confused to see her standing there, and she looks up at him, a little blankly as she's lost in her thoughts about "how weird it was that he opened the door just as she was about to leave".

She blinks a couple of times before remembering what she's doing there in the first place, and holds up the drink for him to see.

"What's this?" He asks.

"Fizzy fruit stuff!" She answers, finally showing him a smile.

An obvious answer, but what he had really been asking was "is that for me?", rather than litterally "what is it?".
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Chandler just stood there for a few moments, calculating the I.Q. required to miss that statements meaning. "So... you brought a drink to the nurses office to wait for me outside and drink yourself?" Chandler asked, leaning back on the door frame.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:33 pm

"No, idiot. It's for you!" She pouts, still holding the drink up for him to take, but then pulling it down again and looking at it, a little discouraged. "I dunno if you like it though..."
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Eyes wide, Chandler moves off the wall and stands within arms reach of Chloe. "You could have just said so..... I don't usually drink fizzy liquids..." He reached out, gently taking the can from her hands, ripping the cap off and tilting it to his lips. Soon after, it was empty and he slipped the can into his pocket, the only one left over tha wasn't ripped on his trousers. "Thanks.... but I do prefer water.... more healthy..."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:08 am

"Sorry... I figured you might need something, but I didn't know what you liked..." She then starts to think. "Although, water would've been the more obvious choice, I guess... pretty much everyone likes water..." Her thoughts then scatter in a slightly different direction. "Um... so how, I mean, what did the nurse, mm, what I mean is... are you gonna be okay now?" But before Chandler can answer, Chloe's mind reminds her that getting something to eat is apparently a good idea when you're recovering. "Did you wanna get something to eat?" She asks. "My brother's in the canteen--"

"No he's not." A familiar voice interrrupts, and Chloes looks round to see her brother walking to towards them. "I figured you'd be here."

Though she doesn't really realise it, a slight blush and a pout grow on Chloe's face, in a sort of "what's that supposed to mean" way.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 am

Chandler shook his head and moved to walk past Chloe and further, past Dehx. "I can see you two still need some time to work something out." Chandler states, waving his hand behind his head dismissively, "And I'm fine, Chloe, thank you for asking. I won't be in for a few days, at the least, I've got some recuperating to do, tell Julian for me, would you?" He finished, turning down a hallway. Out of sight, he let go of a heavy sigh and stared into the distance as he walked.

'That was very nice of her.... I wonder what I should get her when the tables are turned...'
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 am

Chloe feels a little bit happier, hearing that Chandler's okay, but she can't help but worry abit still. At least he seemed well enough to be up and about, even if he did need some time to recover fully. Any improvement was still an improvement, after all.

Chloe looks up at Dehx, who stands beside her now with his arms folded. It's not so much that he's angry with her, just that he thinks she should've known better and just told him from the start where she was going. It's not like he would've made trouble about it or anything. She really confused him sometimes.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 am

Dehx looked at his sister, who looked rather sheepish. She fidgeted uncomfortably as if she was trying to find the right words.
    "You could've told me where you were going, you know. I wasn't going to tell you not to." Dehx said as he dropped his arms and put his arm round her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 am