Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Cat In The Snake Pit

Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Cat In The Snake Pit Empty Cat In The Snake Pit

Post by Chojin Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:14 am

This story was inspired by a friends story that was written some time ago, much like the first three parts to this series, lol. I am currently working on a fourth installment, but that is still a long way off right now. I hope you enjoy the first part.

Cat in The Snake Pit

The grand city of Kirta was the centre of commerce and of technological and magical advances. It could be said it was the capital of the world of Etheria. A cloaked figure ran through the back alleys of Kirta. A storm had whipped up within the last 20 minutes. It was getting rather fierce. The figure stopped at a wall and looked both ways. A flash of lightning lit up the surroundings. There was nothing in the alley way but the cloaked figure. Thunder rumbled overhead. With speed, the figure slipped through the seemingly solid wall. The figure removed the hood to reveal a beautiful young girl with brown hair. The rain was still beating down hard outside.
    “How am I doing for time, Boa?” The girl asked a muscular man named Boa.
    “Very well, Kitty, our Lord will be pleased.” Boa replied to the girl now identified as Kitty, “Now, are you ready for this?”
    “Of course I am, I’ve wanted this since I was 10.” Kitty replied in her usual bouncy way. Boa just laughed.
    “Come, this way.” He said as he led Kitty through a mass of hallways.

A long time they walked, always in silence.
    “I can’t promise you anything.” Boa said to Kitty in a solemn voice.
    “What do you mean?” Kitty asked in a tone that almost mimicked his own.
    “Many have gone through this and died, only four have been strong enough to survive. Lord Cobra, Viper, Python and myself.” Boa said to Kitty as they walked.
    “I am ready. If I don’t make it, then I want you to tell my mother.” Kitty said as they neared a door.
    “Sure thing, but I’m sure there will be no need.” Boa said as he put his hand on the door. He looked at Kitty. For a few seconds, Kitty stood unmoved, her heart pounding inside her chest, her breathing was deep. She nodded and Boa opened the door.

Inside the room was a large stone block. It was larger than Boa, who was at least twice the size of Kitty. Boa led Kitty to the block where she was to be laid for the next few hours, maybe more if need be. She lay down and almost sat back up as the cold stone touched her bare back. She resisted the urge to sit up.
    “Let it begin.” Boomed a loud, authoritarian voice. Some people crowded round Kitty as she lay on the stone. Some one that looked like a doctor put a mask over her face and told her to breath deep. Ten seconds passed as she breathed this gas, her vision started to blur and fade. A familiar face stepped into view.
    “Mot-“ Was all she managed before she slipped into a deep sleep.

“What’s going on?” cried Kitty’s mother frantically mere hours after it had all started, as she was being forced from the room. Kitty was convulsing and the seal was complete. She stopped dead. She did not move, she did not breathe. Boa stepped over to her as she lay there. He fumbled around for her pulse, both in her neck and her wrist. He checked her breathing.
    “She's dead. I was wrong.” Boa said as a single tear rolled down his cheek, “everyone will leave her. I’ll arrange for her to be sorted myself.” He said as everyone left the room with Boa in tow.
    “Is she ok?” asked Kitty’s mother as she fought back tears. Boa choked he bowed his head away from Kitty’s mother.
    “I’m sorry Christie, she died.” Boa said in a low tone as he put his hand on Christie’s shoulder. No longer could she hold back the tears. She moved towards Boa as he embraced her.
    “Come, let us away. You need something to take your mind of things.” Boa said as he led her away from the room where Kitty lay dead. The sun was long since set and the movement was dying down in the City of Kirta.

Morning over the city of Kirta was always a beautiful site. The storm had done little damage to the larger more sturdy buildings. The night before held sorrow for some. Those were the friends and family of Kitty Pride.
    “We must make arrangements for her to be-.” A female said.
    “You will hold your tongue whilsst her mother iss here, Viper.” A masked man with slit like eyes said.
    “Yes my Lord.” Replied the women, known as Viper, as she looked away. Boa stood and took Christie out of the room.
    “Python iss already taking care of it. Now go, you have missionsss to complete.” Lord Cobra said as he pointed towards the door. Viper stood and started towards the door.
    “My Lord” Yelled Python as he slammed the door open, “its Kitty.” Lord Cobra stood; there wasn’t much that would make him stand. “She’s gone.”
    “Imposssible. How could sshe?” Lord Cobra replied.

Boa led Christie to her room and sat her on her bed. Viper’s words cut into her like a knife. She broke down and cried.
    “Don’t listen to her. Just calm yourself down. I’ll be near if you need me.” Boa said as he gave her a last hug and left the room. Christie reached for a draw, still sobbing. Out of the draw she pulled a picture of Kitty with a cat similar to the one that had given its life for her when she was but a few years old. Christie held the picture close to her chest. She heard movement in another room, but thought nothing of it. A few moments later, she felt an arm about her shoulder.
    “What’s wrong?” An eerily familiar voice said. Christie jumped up, dropping the picture to the ground. She looked at the owner of the voice.
    “No, this can’t be?” she said in confusion.
    “What do you mean?” asked the voice.
    “You’re dead, you died last night.” Christie said, as she looked upon her very much alive daughter. Kitty looked very confused and then remembered what Boa had told her, about people not surviving. Her mother was right, she had died, and yet she felt like she had slept the best she ever had. She looked round at the picture of her and the cat. She picked it up. A smile crept across her face as she remembered her accident and the cat that saved her. She had become that cat.

As Boa stood outside, he heard the sound of the picture falling, and the glass breaking. He thought nothing of it.
    “BOA!” yelled Christie. Without thinking he burst into the room.
    “What is it?” he said before he stopped dead. He could not believe his eyes.
    “Hiya Boa, sleep well?” Kitty said as she beamed a huge smile at him.
    “By the gods, you’re alive.” Boa said as he embraced her.
    “I think I should see Lord Cobra.” Kitty said as she pushed Boa away after a few moments. Boa nodded and led the way.

Lord Cobra had been sitting on his own since he sent Viper and Python to find the missing body. They’d been gone a while now and he was starting to get annoyed. They had their ways of dealing with their dead and just letting a dead body go missing was not it. He sat thinking about all the possible explanations, but came up with none. He even resorted to thinking about more magical means. These thoughts of magic didn’t get far before Boa disturbed him as he burst into the room.
    “My Lord, you will never believe what you are about to see.”
    “If it iss more unbelievable than a dead body going misssing, then you’re right.” Lord Cobra said as he just sat there waiting. Boa just stood to the side and put his arm out towards the door. To Lord Cobra’s surprise, Kitty walked through the door.
    “In all my yearsss I have never ssseen a human that can risse from death. I ssee great things in your future, Kitty. It givesss me great sssatissfaction, to accept you as a Blood-eyesss Ssssnake.” Lord Cobra said with a smile on his face.
    “Welcome to the cult.” Boa said as he turned to Kitty.
    “Tomorrow, ssshe will ssstart her real training.” Lord Cobra said before he stood and walked over to her. He took her hand and bowed to her.

Last edited by Chojin on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Cat In The Snake Pit Empty Re: Cat In The Snake Pit

Post by Fizzie Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:48 pm

Haven't re-read this yet, but I will. You should continue posting though. ^^;
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:07 am

I have another 3 parts for this series ready to post, but I want some feedback from a few more people first, lol

Last edited by Chojin on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:26 am

Ok, this is the second part of my story. This part is set several years after the first part, although it will not be mentioned. I hope you enjoy this part as well.

Cat in The Snake Pit: Cat Vs Snake

Kitty Pride stood blindfolded in the middle of a large room, various training implements stood about the room. Currently, there hung a string of five pendulums. Each pendulum was weighted with a giant crescent-shaped blade at its base. The edge was no more than 1.5 feet from the floor. Kitty just stood listening to the near silence, not moving, barely even breathing. She could hear each swing of the blade. She could hear that not only were they swinging, but also with each swing they got closer to the ground. She waited until they sounded like they were ascending with each swing and made a guess at the lowest point. She guessed, quite accurately, that they reached their lowest at around eight inches from the ground. She waited. The closest pendulum started its downward swing, her ears picked up. She leapt forward as soon as she heard the pendulum swing by. As she landed, she quickly pulled her head back. She felt the cold steel brush against her nose. She felt slightly shaken but kept her cool. She realised, not for the first time, what a danger emotions could be in her line of work. She quickly stood so as not to place any other part of her in line with the blades. She listened more intently and could distinctly hear four more pendulums ahead of her and the first behind. Each one swung out of sync with the others. At first, there was no discernable pattern.
    “Issn’t sshe doing well.” Lord Cobra said as he and Python watched Kitty Pride train.
    “Indeed. For someone with emotion such as hers, she does very well.” Python said as he watched in awe as she made it passed the remaining blades.
    “Sspar with her. Sshow her what it meanss to be a Blood-Eyess Ssnake.” Lord Cobra ordered. Python bowed low. He straightened up and walked into the large training room. He clapped as he walked, getting Kitty’s attention.
    “Python, how long have you been watching?” she asked with slight embarrassment.
    “Long enough. Most assassins would learn to ignore emotion by the time they reach your current stage. Yet you… you let your emotions fuel you. You’re focused within your emotions, whereas I am focused without. Our lord is watching and he wants us to spar.” Python said almost analysing her style.
    “Spar? What for?” Kitty asked, now getting rather confused and nervous. She had never had to face another member of the Blood-Eyes before.
    “For two reasons. One, you have your emotion, and I have none. Two, you don’t want to be out of shape when HE shows up.” Python said, emphasising ‘he’.
    HE is just a story that my mother used to tell me to make me behave.” Kitty hissed, her cat-like side showing through her voice.
    “I’ve met him. He is a monster. He is immune to our venom, but not through the same process as us.” Python said as he dropped into a fighting stance. He looked at Kitty, who seemed to be mulling over the existence of their mortal enemy. The one that she had been told about in stories of old. Could such a being really exist? Could he really be a human? Only time would tell.
    “Fine, but don’t go easy on me ‘cause I’m a girl.” Kitty chided as she dropped into what looked like a dance, Capoiera.
    “This will be interesting.” Said Python as he lunged for her, his tonfa at the ready. With amazing speed, she slung her whip out. She hissed as he ducked, missing him by mere inches. She withdrew the whip and pulled it taught between her two hands. He closed the gap fast as he whipped his tonfa round to her left, it span in his hands to give an extra kick. With almost equal speed, Kitty brought her taught whip round, blocking the attack. Before she could finish her block, she kicked out with her left leg with enough force to push him back several feet. He fell to the floor. He stood up and rubbed his bruised midriff.
    “Very good, but you’re a Blood-Eyes now, use your abilities.” Python said as he faded almost from sight. Kitty, too, used the technique known as ethereal phase.

Lord Cobra sat and watched as a female approached him.
    “Such a display.” Said the female.
    “Yess, sshe hass impressed me in her short time here. I hope you will do the ssame Ssidewinder.” Lord Cobra said in his usual snake-like way.
    “I aim to please, my lord. The way she moves, it’s fluidic.” Sidewinder remarked.
    “Sshe is a sspecial one. You have not been told sshe died while receiving the sseal.” Lord Cobra replied, watching as the two combatants faded almost from sight. He was surprised even more when Kitty faded out more than Python.
    ’Probably due to the natural sstealth of a cat.’ Lord Cobra thought, even when thinking he hissed like the snake he was.
    “I should leave.” Sidewinder said as she backed up to the door and bowed low. Lord Cobra said nothing but replied simply with his raise hand.

“Very good Kitty, it seems that you have more mastery over these techniques than I thought.” Said Python as he returned to his normal self. Kitty faded back into sight.
    “Thanks Python, I had a good teacher.” Kitty said as she approached Python. She extended her hand to Python and passed right through him. She felt someone behind her but did not move. The Python ahead of her vanished as another Python went to grab her from behind. To Python’s surprise, he passed right through Kitty.
    “GOTCHA!” she shouted as she leapt on him from behind, causing him to fall to the ground.
    “You learn very quick indeed.” Said Python as he struggled to get free.
    “Do you concede?” Kitty asked mockingly.
    “Don’t think yourself better than me just because you got the better of me this time.” Python snapped in reply. He struggled in feign to get up, it seemed that Kitty was stronger than she appeared.
    “Concede.” Kitty said, not so mockingly this time. Python stopped struggling and waited for her to get off. She obliged and moved away from him quickly. Python got up slowly and delicately.
    “I applaud you once again, Ms Pride. But you have yet to learn all the techniques of the Blood-Eyes.” Python said, trying to avoid any repeats of previous attempts at the true Blood-Eyes form.
    “Hopefully you can teach me.” Kitty said with a playful tone to her voice. She clasped her hands together in front of her and began to sway her body left and right.
    “Now, now Kitty, you know that won’t work on me.” Python said, recognising her acting as an attempt to flirt with him.
    “You’re no fun.” Kitty said pouting as she put her foot down forcibly. She span on her heels and left the training room. As she pulled the door open and went to step through it, she almost knocked over a girl, not much younger than herself.
    “Excuse me.” The girl said meekly.
    “Sorry Aiko.” Said a rather embarrassed Kitty. Aiko Getsumei had been her friend since the cult took her in. Aiko’s family had been killed in a war over ten years previous; it was then that the cult took her in. they had been her family for as long as she had known.
    “Oh, it’s you, Kitty. How’s the training going?” Aiko asked in her usual manner that seemed almost shy.
    “It’s going great, I just floored Python,” Kitty said as she laughed, “see ya around.”
    “See you later.” Aiko said as she watched Kitty bound off down the corridor.

Last edited by Chojin on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Species
    Species
    Level: Rookie

Post by Species Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:50 am

Chojin wrote:I have another 3 parts for this series ready to post, but I want some feedback from a few more people first, lol

here is some feed back, I'm dying to read more of this, i enjoyed it the other time it was posted and I'm hooked, i must have my next fix plz Smile
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:07 am

Seeing as the last part was only posted earlier on, I won't be posting another part just yet. I've only got a limited amount of parts, right now, so if I'm too quick to post the next part, I'll run out before I get chance to work on it
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Thu May 01, 2008 8:56 am

Chojin wrote:Seeing as the last part was only posted earlier on, I won't be posting another part just yet. I've only got a limited amount of parts, right now, so if I'm too quick to post the next part, I'll run out before I get chance to work on it

ok thats fair enough I will just have to wait, i think it will be worth it anyway.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 am

You've been patient enough, I think I'll post the next part now.

Cat in the Snake Pit: HIM

The city of Kirta, now almost completely ruins. The Blood-Eyes could be seen jumping from rooftop to rooftop, from alleyway to alleyway. Dead bodies littered the streets, misshapen bodies of their former selves. Almost an entire city poisoned. The Blood-Eyes were making their way towards a large holy building, a dark, if slightly pale, menacing figure standing atop the spire. A platinum haired ‘demon’ was he. Not very well built, but not to be underestimated. In his hands was a young woman, struggling and crying. He laughed a laugh that echoed throughout Kirta, sending a chill down the spines of the Blood-Eyes.

Kitty flew through the air, almost not making the next building. She scrambled up and got her footing. She looked down into the alley; she was higher than she thought. She shuddered slightly; this was not the time to fail the cult. She stole a quick look at the positions of the rest. Lord Cobra was at ground level, moving quickly towards the ‘demon’. Python was out of sight, possibly on the other side of a building. Viper had faded, becoming almost invisible in the shadow. Sidewinder was moving quickly and silently along some opposite buildings. Boa was moving along the ground on the outside of the building Kitty, herself, was on. Aiko, Kitty looked round, but could not see Aiko. For the moment, she was overwhelmed with the sense that she needed to find Aiko for the plan to be successful. She shook it off and disregarded that thought, the downside to emotion. This thought threw Kitty, she had completely forgotten the plan. It was as if she wasn’t even told the plan. This she shook off, as she did the previous thought. She looked towards her target, standing there as plain as he appeared in her vision a few days earlier.

Kitty felt weird, like she wasn’t supposed to be there. In fact, she felt like no one was supposed to be there. She felt she knew this place; after all, it was her home. Was, but isn’t. She felt very confused. The city of Kirta felt alien to her. The day melted into a stormy night, melted as quick as an ice cube under a litre of thermite, that is to say it literally exploded. She was no longer on the rooftop she was just on. She, along with Lord Cobra, Boa and Python, stood surrounding Him.
    “Yeah.” He said as he glanced at those surrounding him. He glanced at the figure in his clutches, he held her over the edge, a long drop to the ground below.
    “Let her go, Ombre.” Said Boa in a calm voice that suggested he was anything but calm. Ombre looked at him, then at his catch. He shrugged and opened his hand. Thunder crashed around them as brilliant beams of electric arcing and splitting from sky to ground lighted up the sky. At the moment Ombre let the woman go, Kitty leapt passed him and out towards the woman. She grabbed at her whip and used it to grab a nearby stone statue. The whip let her fall a bit further before she stopped and swung back up towards the roof.

Upwards she swung, the rooftop coming down to met her. It didn’t stop until she was as far above it as she had been below it. She landed heavily, as far as cats go, and was horrified by the sight. Lord Cobra lay dead; Boa was bleeding his poisonous blood everywhere and Python… She clasped her hand to her mouth stifling a cry or terror. Her friends and family lay dead around her. She saw Python’s body, before some movement just over the edge of the roof caught her eye. Python looked straight at her. A strange sensation overwhelmed her as she realised it was just Python’s head rolling of the roof. Something snapped inside her as she reached for her right hip. She touched her seal, but it wasn’t there. She began to panic; all she had now were her basic skills, something not to be left alone with when faced with him.
    “Six down, one to go.” Ombre said with a sneer as he starred deeply into Kitty. He framed his face with his weapons, Lune and Etoile as he grinned an evil malicious grin. Kitty stepped back, trying to increase the distance between them, giving her time to think. She looked up and he was there, not where he was standing before, but in her face. She fell from the roof; she looked up at Ombre, shrinking away from her as he laughed his maniacal laugh. She twisted herself round, ready to hit the floor at any time. The floor rushed up towards her as she braced herself. Moments before she hit the floor, it opened up into a deep dark hole. She flailed for the edge as it slipped away from her. Soon she was enveloped in darkness. There was nothing.

Kitty sat up, her breath heavy and rapid, sweat beaded down her face, her heart pounding. She felt cold. She grabbed for her covers but they weren’t there. A few moments she sat in her bed, still in a sleepy state. She felt herself shake from both fear and cold. She brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them. Tears rolled down her face as she hoped that it was all just a dream and not a vision of something yet to come. She spotted her covers at the foot of her bed. As she grabbed them, she pulled them over her beautiful naked body and soon lapsed into a dreamless, yet troubled, sleep.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:30 am

Ok, it's been over a month since the last part was posted, and I'm getting eager to post the next part.

I'll give people just two more days before I post the next part, not that it really matters if people comment on the last part or not, lol
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:10 pm

I'm not sure how many posts I'm going to have to post this in, because so far it's the longest part of any of my stories.

Cat in The Snake Pit: Wild Emotions: Part 1

The city of Kirta, or more precisely the secret headquarters of the Blood Eyes. With the majority of the Blood Eyes out on missions, Kitty finds herself training on her own. Alone she trains in the training room, amidst various training equipment. Each piece of equipment bares multiple pits and gouges showing where Kitty had hit her mark. Her ears twitch as she hears soft footsteps heading her way. They close in on the door. She does not let up even for a second and with each second, the footsteps get closer. Kitty’s breathing starts to labour as fatigue starts to fall over her. The door to the training room eases open. Out of instinct, Kitty cracks her whip towards the door. A hand whips the air with the same speed and accuracy, grabbing the end of the whip and holding it tight. The hand seemed to be covered with scales and was attached to a muscular, scaled arm. The arm belongs to the serpentine leader of the Blood Eyes, Lord Cobra. His mask bore several marks indicating that he had interrupted Kitty a number of times.
    “My Lord, I am sorry.” Kitty said with a hint of embarrassment entering her voice.
    “Think nothing of it. It iss time.” Lord Cobra said as he released his grip on the whip.
    “My first mission? It’s about time.” She joked with rising enthusiasm. Lord Cobra smiled inwardly as he beckoned Kitty to follow.

The cat and the snake made their way through the seemingly endless hallways of the Blood Eyes HQ, neither one speaking a word. With the hallways so empty, it added a deserted feel to the place. The briefing room loomed closer. Lord Cobra opened the door inward, and gestured after Kitty. Nodding slightly, Kitty made her way past Lord Cobra and into the room. Without going too far into the room, she stopped dead and waited for her Lord to start the briefing. Lord Cobra closed the door in silence. He made his way to his throne-like chair adorned and festooned with snakes and serpentine images. On the large table, in front of the throne, sat what seemed to be a mess of papers. This was not the case. In front of the throne was all the information Kitty would need for her first contract.
    “Xar Unass.” Lord Cobra started.
    “That name certainly rings a bell.” Kitty said as she folded her arms and swung her hip as she leant on her left leg. Having already heard a far bit about Xar over the past few years, Kitty had already decided she didn’t like him in the slightest.
    “Of coursse. He ownss a sstring of sstoress in Herezia, all of which are frontss for hiss real work. Xar iss one of many key playerss involved in crime rings within the Herzian Empire. We have been charged with putting a sstop to his works. I’m afraid that iss all the information we have. We have no idea who placed the hit, but it hass been confirmed that this iss a genuine contract. All we have been told iss that if we do well on thiss, we may get more contractss to take down the otherss involved.” Lord Cobra explained as he looked from the papers to Kitty and back again a few times. Kitty looked puzzled as she paced the floor.
    “So, lemme get this straight, an unknown person wants us to go to an unknown location with nothing but a name to go by, to-“ Kitty said as she continued to pace. She was almost becoming irate.
    “Herezia would be a good place to sstart.” Lord Cobra explained in his ever calm, serpentine voice.
    “While this is true, it is entirely possible that although the stores are in Herezia, his work is done elsewhere. This would make finding him a bit harder.” Kitty said as she began to get her voice under control. She stopped her pacing.
    “I ssugesst you make a sstart ass ssoon ass you can. If what you ssay iss true, it could take uss a long time to find him.” Lord Cobra hissed.
    “As you command, my lord.” Kitty said as she lowered her head and headed out towards Kirta.

Outside, it was dusk. People were going about their daily lives. People were going home, others were making their way to the various inns along the main street. Shops were making ready to close. Kitty jumped through the illusion that was in place to conceal the entrance, and landed neatly against the wall on the opposite side of the alley. A noise alerted Kitty from behind. Instinctively, she dropped to the ground and looked around. The source of the sound turned out to be one of the drunks, stumbling onto his next inn when he stumbled into the alley as he swaggered about. He looked down the alley in an attempt to work out where he was.
    “This don’t look like… Cale’s is that way,” said the drunk as he turned round, almost falling in the process, “or was it…” he said as he turned to look in another direction, “I give up…” he said as he looked about the floor. He bent over and picked up a bottle that he thought contained his drink. In reality, he did not have a drink when he entered the alleyway, nor a vessel in which to contain said drink. He tried to neck the imaginary contents, but as he did so, he fell backwards onto a pile of rubbish and proceeded to fall asleep. Kitty let out a tiny giggle as she made her way to the outskirts of the city.

On the outskirts stands a lonely, but large stable. Kitty vaulted over the fence and made her way stealthily towards a horse coloured as black as the night. Approaching the horse from the front, she made soothing sounds with her mouth. The horse looked at her as it chewed some hay. The horse did not show any sign of being disturbed by this strange being that looked and moved as if it were a feline, but moved more upright than any cat could for any length of time. She got close to the horse as she petted its nose and stroked its powerful neck. The horse moved its head as if it were nodding. Kitty smiled as she hopped up and straddled the horse without using anything but the reigns. She could tell this horse hadn’t been there long, the owners of the stable had not taking off the saddle. The horse brayed in shock, which prompted movement from inside the house nearby. Quickly Kitty turned the horse towards the fence. She cracked the reigns and the horse raced off. She chanced a glance back towards the house in time to see a door open. She returned her gaze to the fence scant moments before the horse leapt over it as if it wasn’t there.
    ‘Must get to Herezia’ she thought as the horse thundered on.

Herezia is a large city, a little larger than Kirta. Home to many races and religions, it is considered a peaceful place. Although Herezia seems peaceful, with the myriad of races and religions, it is inevitable that there will be conflict. Night was falling fast; the many stars seemed to wink into existence. The moon moved ever slowly. The Herezian guards stood at their posts or patrolled the city. People always felt safe, which was evident by that amount of people enjoy the cool, crisp night air. A horse drew ever closer. As it drew near to gates, a figure leapt of the horse. The figure was Kitty. She walked towards the gate, guarded by two of the city guards.
    “Evening Ma’am.” Said one of the Guards politely as he turned to face Kitty. As with all the city guards, he was clad in half-plate armour, which shone in the moonlight and red leather greaves. He was further protected with a buckler that was adorned the Imperial seal of Herezia, a red condor with its wings spread in front of a blaze.
    “Welcome to Herezia.” Said the other guard that happened to be female, just as politely. This guard was dressed in exactly the same fashion.
    “Thank you,” Kitty said as she bowed slightly, “could you tell me where I could find a bed for the night?” Kitty asked.
    “Why, certainly. It has been said that the Inn of Ill Omen is a fine place. You can trust when people say that the name is nothing but a name. You go ahead and get yourself a room, we’ll sort you horse out. Ill Omen is just down the left hand street. There are other areas of interest such as the market district and the arena district.” The first guard explained; giving Kitty just a taste of what Herezia has to offer. Kitty said nothing in reply but bowed low as she made her way through the large gates.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Having been to Herezia on more than one occasion for recreation, Kitty already knew most of the city fairly well. She already knew which inns were the ones to avoid; the Ill Omen was not one of them. She made her way to the inn, which was not far from the main gates. She stopped briefly as a wave of dizziness came over her. Her brought one hand to her head, and put the other hand out to steady her. She knew what was coming. Kitty made haste to the inn and pushed the door open.
    “Hello and welcome to The Inn of Ill Omen. How may I be of service?” said a polite young woman as Kitty entered the somewhat empty inn. She scanned the room and couldn’t find anything other than a few people enjoying a few drinks as they discussed their days. In the corner sat a man that looked like he lived in the corner with a tankard glued in his club-like hand. He was obviously inebriated as he swayed this way and that, all the while quietly mumbling nothing in particular to himself. Kitty made her way to the young woman.
    “Pay them no mind, they’ll stumble home in an hour or two. Jenseric, well, we’re not sure what he does when he’s out of here, but it’s guaranteed that he won’t be gone long. He’s a harmless character and he largely keeps to himself.” Said the young woman as she waved them off. Kitty gazed at the woman briefly, which was all she needed. Kitty smiled at the other. “Now then, can I offer you a room?” she finished.
    “That would be perfect. Just the simplest room you have, I’m only in need for a bed and nothing more.” Kitty told the young woman as she tried to fight back the dizziness that threatened to topple her. The effort was becoming too much for Kitty to deal with, which became pretty evident to anyone that cared to look.
    “Are you ok, you don’t look too good.” Said the young woman obviously concerned for the well being of a customer.
    “I’ll be fine. Can you just point me to the room?” Kitty said as she shook her head to try and rid herself of the haze that gathered at the edge of her vision.
    “Certainly, we’ll deal with the bill later. Third floor, first door on the back wall.” Said the woman as she pointed towards the stairs. With a nod, Kitty started towards the stairs. She had no intention of not paying, she may be an assassin but she wasn’t a thief. The walk up the stairs seemed to get longer with each flight. If Kitty wasn’t feeling like she was, she would have bounded up the stairs and reached her room in no time. As always, this was something that couldn’t be predicted or, thus far, controlled.

After what seemed liked an age, Kitty finally made it to her door. She pushed the door open and entered. Falling back against the door, she fell into a state that seemed like she was claimed by unconsciousness. She was slumped in a heap in front of the door. Any attempt to open the door would prove useless.

A seemingly familiar setting absolved around Kitty, though there was a difference. Unlike Kitty’s dreams and nightmares, the scene was not clear. The buildings in the scene were coloured in vibrant colours that made her feel safe and the features were aesthetically pleasing. As she looked down towards the ground, the colours dimmed to become dark and sinister, with the features looking as if they were full of hatred. A dark and sinister man swaggered his way into view. Instinctively, Kitty tried to hide herself. She knew she wasn’t there, but she felt as if she was observing this person in real time. The dark man was obviously intoxicated, much like the man in the alleyway in Kirta. Kitty felt as if she was almost laughing at the thought of the man. The man swayed his way out onto the main streets, which became a mass of confusing images that drew Kitty’s attention away from the man momentarily. She forced herself back to the man, and allowed herself to lose the images of the main streets to a fine haze. A large stack of books stood out from the haze with great contrast. The man headed through the currently deserted streets towards the large stack of books. As the man approached the stack of books, they began to open. To Kitty’s surprise, the books began to swing open as if hinged on the far left hand side. Inside the stack of books shaped book stood rows upon rows of more books. Kitty felt as if she had a headache. She hoped she came out of this soon. Still she watched the man as she moved closer. Within seconds, she was standing in the great book of books. The man entered a section of books that looked so dark that no light could escape them. As she got closer, she noticed the book grow steadily lighter, save for one. The man reached for the book and promptly disappeared. Before Kitty had time to even think of reacting, the scene slipped away from her as if she was being dragged backwards; through the confusing and still hazy street, through the dark alleyway back to where she started.

Back in her room, Kitty sat up in bed with a start. She had no recollection of moving from in front of the door. She had no idea how much time had passed during her vision. Sweat beaded down her forehead. The sweat didn’t bother Kitty; she knew it was something that always happened in conjunction with her vision. She stood up with comparative ease. She felt as if she’d been asleep for hours. She checked herself over and realised she was still dressed, it wouldn’t be the first time she’d had a vision and ended up walking around afterwards completely naked. She let out a sigh of relief and left her room. She approached the balcony, which she had noticed on the way up. She didn’t even look over the balcony before she leapt over it towards the second floor. The rail fast approached and she found herself landing almost perfectly on its thin width. She looked to her right and saw a man that obviously had not expected to see her. She gave an embarrassed look and mouthed an apology. She dismounted the rail and decided to walk the rest of the way.

“I was about to send someone up to see how you were. You had some of us concerned.” Said the young women genuinely. Kitty couldn’t help but smile slightly.
    “I thank you for your concern, but trust me when I say it isn’t necessary.” Kitty told the women reassuringly.
    “But when you came in, you lo-“
    “Trust me,” Kitty said cutting the women of as politely as she could, “it isn’t necessary. Now then, how long was I up there?” Kitty asked as these visions could seem like only a few seconds but could actually last hours, or they could just last seconds. On the other hand, they could seem to never end but merely last a few seconds.
    “Oh, it has easily been a good twelve hours,” Explained the women, “but I’m glad you’re ok now. You seemed to have slept through it. Don’t you even think about paying for the room.” The women offered, though it sounded more like an order to Kitty’s ears. Kitty nodded her thanks and left the Ill Omen.

Outside, night had passed. The streets were as busy as she had remembered, maybe more so. It had been a long time since she had been to Herezia, so much could’ve changed. She would have to take a walk round the many districts to make sure she knew what had changed, and what had not. She just stood there for a few moments, thinking of where best she would find information on her target, Xar Unas. The Waterfront District would be a good place to start, seeing as most of the trade that happened within the city would go through there, and therefore most of the rumours. If memory served her well, the Waterfront District was just the other side of the Arena district, another area of interest for Kitty. For now, she would have to forego the Arena, as much as she wanted to watch a few fights and even take part. She searched her memory to try and remember the way. Without thinking, she began to walk towards some heavy looking wooden doors; similar to the ones that she came through when she entered Herezia. Once again, two guards flanked the doors.
    “Good morning, ma’am.” Said one of the guards as they both opened the doors. Kitty nodded her thanks as she walked through the opened heavy doors. The scene before her was somewhat different from the one she had left. She stood within the Arena District, one of the hubs from which the other districts branch. In spite of being one of the hubs, the Arena District tend to be avoided unless there was to be a match, then you found it difficult to move. It wasn’t that the Arena District was undesirable, because it was home to some of the most beautiful gardens in the entire city, second only to the Arboretum. Behind her, flanking the doors stood another two guards. She had stood there for a while and thought it was best to say something to them.
    “Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the Waterfront District?” She asked, forcing embarrassment into her voice.
    “Certainly. The exit to the Waterfront District is on the other side of the stadium.” Said one of the guards.
    “The exit is directly opposite this one.” Added the other guard. With that, Kitty smiled an embarrassed smile.
    “Thanks.” She said as she turned round and skipped of. She wasn’t a fan of skipping, but she thought it would add to the illusion. When she got out of sight, she stopped skipping and carried on towards the appropriate exit.

After the doors were closed behind her, she was finally in the Waterfront District. So far, she had found her way here without incident. She had no bad feelings, which was always a good sign. The Waterfront District was very busy. Boats sat idle as their crews were loading and unloading stock and passengers disembarked. Crewmembers stood around chatting among themselves or arguing with port authority over trivial matters. There were several inns and taverns lining the solitary strip along the promenade. One of these had to be home to the information Kitty needed. She had no idea where to start, so she thought she would start with the nearest. She started to approach the nearest tavern, The Siren’s Song. As she did so, she got a strange feeling, a feeling like she was being watched. She made no attempt to seek out the source, nor did she give any indication that she knew. She continued her way to The Siren’s Song. As she grew nearer, the feeling did not abate, nor did it escalate. The feeling did not worry Kitty; she knew she could handle herself. If she couldn’t, there was always the seal. As she got nearer, still, to the door, she heard a hushed din from within, there were plenty of people in attendance. She opened the door to The Siren’s Song and the hushed din grew instantly into a dissonant roar as patrons were trying desperately to be heard by the bartenders and other patrons. This would be the perfect place for her to begin her search; she just had to know where to begin asking questions. Regretfully, investigation was not one of her strong points. She often preferred to go with her instincts. Unfortunately, her instincts were not telling her much and the feeling of being watched was still there, in spite of the fact that no one had entered behind her. Whoever was watching her, was in the crowded tavern. She started for the bar, drawing a few glances.
    “Never seen a woman dressed as a cat before, boys?” She said as she wandered through the crowds. She pushed her way through the thick crowds nearer the bar; drawing yet more glances, this time of annoyance. The sound of a full tankard dropping to the floor close to her barely registered over the cacophonous din.
    “That was my drink.” Said a burly man as he grabbed her arm. Kitty stopped dead, still facing the bar.
    “I’m sorry,” She said as her gaze remained fixed on the bar, “I didn’t realise.”
    “Yeah, well you’ll be getting me another drink if you know what’s good for you.” Said the man as his friends began to move out of the way, waiting for Kitty to either make a move towards the bar or an attempt to remove the man’s hand from her arm. She turned to face him with a smirk upon her face.
    “You should keep a better hand on what is yours. You seem to have no problem doing so with something that is not yours.” She said as she glanced at the offending hand upon her arm.
    “Why you-“ Said the man as he swung his arm round to slap Kitty. Before his attack could meet his mark, Kitty used the tensed offending arm to steady herself as she ran up the man’s front before kicking him in the face, forcing him to release his grip as well as sending him stumbling backwards. She landed gracefully in the tightening space where the man had just stood as his friends were closing in on her. The man crashed through the crowd, knocking drinks and patrons to the floor, before he was bumped another man about the same size as him. The man turned and immediately punched the other in the face. Within moments, the other patrons saw this as a sign that a bar-brawl was on the agenda. Chaos ensued as they started laying into each other without a single care as to why. The men that were surrounding Kitty started for her, almost in twos. Without standing upright, she swept her leg round, knocking the first one to the floor. She flipped backwards as another swung for her head. Her foot connected with his as she up righted herself in a handstand. The man fell backwards to the floor. Two more advanced on the upside-down Kitty before she had even steadied herself. They were quick, but Kitty was quicker. As the two approached from behind, which in her current position was in front, she extend her legs, kicking them both in the midriff. As she connected with them, she pushed herself off, forcing herself into a roll. She righted herself in the face of one of the final of her attackers. A look of surprise sprung to his face as she hissed her feline hiss. She grabbed his ‘jewels’ with her claw-gloved hand and dug the claws in. She thought about kissing him, but he did not deserve that. The sound of a bottle smashing behind her drew her attention away from the man whose member she held, like a hostage in a no win situation. She turned in time to see the man that accosted to begin with slump in a heap on the floor, bleeding from a wound to the head where the bottle had smashed against his head. She let go of the man, who fell to the floor into the foetal position, and started looking for the person who through the bottle. There, a familiar looking man was looking in her direction. He saw her looking at him and promptly turned towards the door. The moment he turned to face the door, Kitty started towards the door. Unfortunately, the patrons-come-fighters had moved around so much that there was no longer a clear run to the exit. Fortunately, Kitty had a few tricks up her sleeve. She ran in the general direction of the door, in pursuit of the mysterious man. Just ahead of her, patrons were still fighting. With no time to think of an alternate route to the door, she jumped onto the back of the nearest patron and then immediately forward. Knowing that her momentum would bring her down in the middle of the fighting, she immediately grabbed her whip and cracked it towards a crossbeam nearer the door, as it wound itself round the crossbeam, she pulled it tight, awarding herself with a bit more airtime to get herself over the tangle of flailing bodies beneath her. She flicked her wrist, unwrapping the whip from the crossbeam. With a further flick of her wrist, she gathered up her whip as she made her way quickly out of The Siren’s Song.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Back outside The Siren’s Song, Kitty looked around for the mysterious man that had made a sharp exit. If that wasn’t suspicious, she didn’t know what was. The sound of the brawl inside sounded much like the hushed din she heard on the way in, only slightly louder and was punctuated by the occasional smashing of glass and furniture. Kitty finished coiling her whip before hanging it on her hip once again. She debated on going back into The Siren’s Song, but something told her not to. She didn’t know why she did not get a bad feeling to tell her that something like that would happen. Maybe she didn’t get it because it was meant to happen to enable her to complete her mission. Kitty turned to look back at the door for just a moment, before deciding against back in. The feeling of being watch had alleviated slightly, but not much; the man from inside was still watching her from somewhere further away. Kitty walked along the promenade, trying to get a sense of where the man from The Siren’s Song had gone. She passed several crewers of a nearby ship that was being unloaded. The conversation they were having with the port authorities was becoming heated. Something about out of date docking permits. There was even mention of the questionable legality of some of their cargo. This was none of Kitty’s business, so she ignored the debate and carried on. Kitty headed towards the next tavern, the feeling of being watched growing slightly. She approached the door, above which hung a faded sign reading “Cale’s Tavern” Kitty had visited this particular tavern several times during her many visits to Herezia. Cale had always operated a strict no violence policy, and dealt severely with anyone who violated his one rule; any battles are to be left outside.

Inside Cale’s, the chatter was hushed, just as it should be for the most neutral tavern in all of the Herezian Empire. The atmosphere was perfect. Kitty approached the bar where a young man was busy washing used glasses in between serving. She sat down on a stool at the bar.
    “Miss Pride, when will you give up your wayfaring ways and settle down with me?” A familiar voice said from down the other end of the bar.
    “When will you join me in my travels, Lug?” Kitty replied in jest.
    “This place is my home, I can’t leave.” Lug said regrettably. Kitty laughed a little at Lug’s playful banter. Lug was a burly man and was always present within the confines of Cale’s.
    “What can I get you, stranger?” The young man behind the bar asked. Kitty turned her attention to him and smiled.
    “Korso, how are you?” She said, obviously knowing the young man, “How’s your old man?”
    “I’m getting by. Sadly, my father died several years ago.” Korso said in a tone that said he was upset, but had come to terms with it already.
    “I’m sorry to hear that.” Kitty said as her tone fell.
    “Anyway, Kitty, what brings you all the way out here?” Korso asked eager to change the subject. The discussions of his father’s death always bothered him.
    “I’m just here visiting. I haven’t been here in a while so I thought I’d drop by.” Kitty lied. She was not going to reveal the true purpose of her visit, not even to two of her friends. Korso glanced at Lug and said something in a discernable language; a language that Kitty had not heard before. She looked at Lug in time to see him nod as he stood and walked towards the door. Kitty looked back at Korso in bewilderment.
    “Korso, what’s-“
    “Hang on.” Korso said, cutting her off.
    “Ladies and gentlemen, your attention,” Lug boomed, “For reasons beyond our control, Cale’s will be closing for a short while. Please can you vacate the building immediately? If you have not finished your drinks, either leave them or take them with you, we will not be closed for long.” With that, the patrons began to file out. If this was The Siren’s Song, a riot would’ve broken out already, but the clientele of Cale’s was of a higher calibre, or just better behaved, Kitty hadn’t decided. As the last of the patrons filed out, Lug locked the door behind them and returned to his seat at the bar.
    “Kitty, we know you’re not visiting, not this time. We’re not as stupid as Lug looks. No offense, big guy.” Korso said joingly. Lug laughed and waved it away.
    “I don’t know what you mean.” Kitty said, feigning ignorance.
    “Kitty, we know you’re no wayfarer. We know you’re a woman of a somewhat questionable profession.” Lug added with surprising intelligence in his voice.
    “We know that you’re an assassin.” Korso finally said after they danced around saying it for long enough. Kitty slumped further onto her stool. She was genuinely shocked. How did these two know what she did? How come she did not sense that something was wrong?
    “But ho-“ Kitty started, but the words drifted unfinished in the air between them. She struggled to find the words she so desperately wanted to say. The next few moments would determine if she would have to dispose of her friends in a way that she hoped she would never have to, or if they were safe from that fate.
    “It is only fair that you know our little secret.” Lug said after a few moments of waiting for Kitty to finish the half asked question she posed.
    “Lug and I were once members of an underground movement before my father passed away. We still have a few contacts. Your appearance here at this time is no mere coincidence, not with Xar Unas about.” Korso said, deliberately emphasising the name of her mark. Kitty’s ears perked up, now they truly had her attention
    “How did you know about him?” Kitty asked with genuine confusion.
    “Xar Unas used to be a member of the underground, but he was essentially a double agent. He rumoured to be working for the Emporer, Tsavong Lah. I won’t go into detail on Emporer Lah. He was soon overthrown. Xar was the reason we were disbanded; and hasn’t been very popular around Herezia since.” Lug explained. Kitty’s confusion left her and was replaced by the feeling of an idea forming deep within her mind. She stood up and walked a few paces away from the bar.
    “Tell me, do you know where to find Xar?” Kitty said as she wandered around away from the bar.
    “Kitty, you might want to leave this one alone. Xar is-“ Korso started.
    “I can’t leave this one alone. My mission is to kill Xar Unas. If I fail this, there might not be a chance for more missions.” Kitty interrupted. Korso had to think carefully, for a moment. He had to pick his chance. Kitty seemed to be finished with her rant, so he assumed that it was safe to carry on.
    “Kitty, Xar is a powerful fighter. He’s had training in many forms of combat.” Korso said in an attempt to try and convince Kitty that she was better off without the missions.
    “Good, I like a challenge. Do you know where I can find him?” Kitty said, finally getting to the point. Korso and Lug just looked at each other. The air was beginning to fill with tension. No one said anything for a few moments as Kitty looked at each of them in turn expectantly.
    “He likes to hang out at the Arena, and he has been known to join the battles, though not often. He is usually found close to the Arena floor so he can smell the blood when it is spilt near him.” Korso finally said. He sighed as he pulled himself away from the bar. He was clearly not happy with telling Kitty anything about Xar, but Kitty did not know why. She was sure that the reason would become clear soon enough. Kitty leapt over the bar and hugged Korso tight.
    “Thank you.” She said as she released him from her embrace and bounded back over the bar.
    “There is a match due to start soon, so I would hurry over there.” Lug said as Kitty made her way to the door.
    “Thank you both so much. I mean it.” Kitty said as she unlocked the door.

After a short while, Kitty finally made it to the arena. She could hear the noise of gathering crowds over near the entrance. She faded from sight; she was always glad to have her abilities. She snuck into the arena and found herself a lone corridor to become visible in. It was long and dark; perfect for her to return to her usual visibility. As she returned from her faded state, Kitty spotted a sign on the wall. “To the Bloodworks” it read. The Bloodworks was an area in the basement of the Arena where combatants would get ready for their upcoming battles. It was so called because the blood of the dead and injured would seep down through the various grates and into the Bloodworks. She knew she didn’t want to be down there, at least not yet. She made her way back towards the entrance, which, by now, was teaming with spectators. She quickly made her way into the crowds and joined them as they went into the main part of the Arena. Once they were in the stands, the crowds still stood thick. Although they dispersed towards their seats, they were replaced by more people trying to get to where they want to be seated. Kitty made her way forward to the very edge. She could smell the stale blood that coated the majority of the arena. She scanned the area, hoping to catch a glimpse of her quarry. Kitty knew what Xar looked like from pictures she had seen in various publications. He shouldn’t be too hard to spot; but then Kitty wasn’t expecting to see as many people present at the Arena. She had that feeling again; someone was watching her. She couldn’t tell if it was the same person from the Waterfront District; but how could it be? The man from the Waterfront District had to have been either Lug or Korso, which would now make sense. But why would they be here? Perhaps Kitty was thinking too much into it. She resigned herself to watching the upcoming combat, she was sure that Xar would be here somewhere.

Finally, the crowds were seated and the two combatants entered the Arena. The announcer’s voice boomed out as if from nowhere, but Kitty remained focused on her search. Her eyes fell upon a familiar looking figure about halfway round. It was him, she was sure of it. The muscles in her hands draw taught in anticipation. Soon she would slake her lust for his blood. His blood would stain the floor of the Arena like so many others before him. Kitty didn’t care if she was seen, she could escape; of this she was certain. She made her way round to him as quick as she could. It was slow going due to the density of the crowds. A few times she had to stop and make sure that he was still there. Luckily, he hadn’t moved from the spot she had spotted him in. After a while of pushing through the crowds, the occasional curse threatened to push past her lips as members of the crowd stood on her feet, bumped into her and just generally made things difficult for her. She had finally made it to where she thought she saw Xar; but he was nowhere to be seen. Now she was angry. All the effort of getting over here was wasted. She had lost him again. She began to think that she should just give up, perhaps Lug and Korso were right, perhaps it was too much for her. She stepped towards the edge of the Arena and rested her arms on it before resting her chin on her arms. She had just gotten comfortable, as comfortable as she could, at least.
    “Even with your mask, you look just like your mother.” A voice said behind her. Kitty stood up with a shot and turned to face the disembodied voice. She could not get to grips with what, or who, she was seeing. Starring back at her was her target, her mark, Xar Unas.
    “Excuse me?” She said, acting the innocent.
    “I’m surprised to see you, Kitty.” He said. Now this was worrying. How did he know her? How did he know her mother? Kitty said nothing; there was nothing she could say. Xar just looked at her for a few moments before he let out a little laugh, “You obviously don’t recognise me.” He said. All Kitty could do was shake her head. She so desperately wanted to drive her claw-gloved-fingers into his soft flesh and rip out something important, but she couldn’t, something was stopping her.
    “Ho-“ She started, “How do you know me?” Xar just stood there for a moment in silence.
    “Kitty, I’m your father.” He finally said. Kitty could do nothing to respond. She had never been more shocked or speechless in her entire life. She tried desperately to wrestle with the fact, but no matter how hard she tried, she knew it was true. Her father was the very man she was meant to kill.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:03 am

Good to see you posting again. ^_^
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 am

I have been here and there, lol. Did you read this part, by any chance?
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:46 am

There has been a problem with the next part of my story. It has become either corrupted or infected with a virus. I have updated my antivirus software and I'm now waiting on the results of the scan. Hopefully I'll be able to carry on with it soon.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:36 am

Chojin wrote:There has been a problem with the next part of my story. It has become either corrupted or infected with a virus. I have updated my antivirus software and I'm now waiting on the results of the scan. Hopefully I'll be able to carry on with it soon.

Aw, no! That's horrible! I hope it's okay and you don't end-up losing it all!! O_O;
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:24 pm

I hope so, too. I was at a very delicate part of the story, as well. If I end up losing it, I think I'll Crying or Very sad because I've worked so hard on it.
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 am

just so you know i am reading this, but i find it hardwork too read text on computer screens due to my poor eye's. and i hope you don't lose it, chin up bro
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 am

Don't worry, it's sorted now. I'm able to access it now. I don't know what was wrong with it, but I'm glad it's ok. I still can't continue writing it, because I hadn't thought about which direction to take it.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 am

Chojin wrote:Don't worry, it's sorted now. I'm able to access it now. I don't know what was wrong with it, but I'm glad it's ok. I still can't continue writing it, because I hadn't thought about which direction to take it.

Hmm, I'm a big-time daydreamer/fantasier, so I get alot of my ideas through that kinda thing. I dunno if that's of any help to yourself, though? ^^;
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:53 pm

Unfortunately not. My problem is I have two directions to take my story. I can't go into detail without ruining it, but it has a lot to do with the last part.
    Shanna
    Shanna
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Post by Shanna Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:41 pm

Oh my god chojo its been six months........post the next part already!! I love this story..... even though u say its harder to write cus the lead is a women i think u have done a great job..... My fave bit was the dream scene.....im hooked.....post the next part soon.........PLEASE........

xx
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Unfortunately, I'm dealing with a scene that is actually quite difficult. It's a very delicate situation and needs to be dealt with carefully.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:33 am

I think I've finally decided what direction I want to take this story, so I'll be back at work on it soon ^_^
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:40 pm

I really should've noted down which direction I decided to take, because I've completely forgotten which way I wanted it. luckily I still remember which directions I had to choose from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm