Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Death Note

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Death Note Empty Death Note

Post by Fizzie Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:05 am

Death Note Dn01

Just wondering if anyone else had seen this yet? It's been out for ages now and I've watched it all the way through a few times now.

I love this!! It was a real switch from what I'm normally used to watching. All the characters and the story are great!!
    Oxide
    Oxide

Name : Jeff

Death Note Empty Re: Death Note

Post by Oxide Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:41 am

This is brilliant beyond brilliant!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:48 am

I'm just watching a clip of the English dub. Episode eleven. Not impressed with the way the voice actors are trying too hard to pronounce the Japanese names.

It's good they're finally trying with names in dubbed anime now, but they just don't seem convincing. They sound way too awkward whenever they say a name. They sound like they have no idea what they're doing. It just isn't flowing properly.

However, I'll reserve judgement until I've watched the whole thing in English dub, because the voices seem to be really good. Though I haven't heard Light's yet, and L's... doesn't seem to sit right. I may just have to get used to it. But it sounds too strong for him.

I recognise some of the voices too! Hehe!!

Though I have to say:

I hate it when they translate "san" directly as "Mr" or "Miss"!! Grrr!! It doesn't directly translate to anything!! It's a suffex added to a name to signify respect or caring towards someone!!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 am

I saw a DVD volume of Death Note in HMV today and I was tempted to get it as it had both the Japanese and English dub. But I decided not to buy it just yet. =p
    Species
    Species
    Level: Rookie
    Level: Rookie

Post by Species Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Kitai wrote:I saw a DVD volume of Death Note in HMV today and I was tempted to get it as it had both the Japanese and English dub. But I decided not to buy it just yet. =p
    is that the one you showed me? i have been finking of getting this but only when the complete set is out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:00 pm