Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends Empty BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends

Post by Fizzie Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:54 am

Ok guys, forgive how long this might end-up, but I wanna point out as much as I can here.

Basically, we're starting-up an anime group in the New Year (after we get a bigger tv). The plan is to show 5 episodes a night of 3 different series'. The series' we show will be suggested by and voted for by you (well, all of us).

It'll be based in Bristol, and probably be one evening during the week. We're open to suggestions for which day of the week (or weekend if you prefer) it should be on, and we'll also be polling for it too. It'll probably be from 7:30pm to 10pm. But again, if you have any suggestions, please let us know.

It doesn't matter if you're already a member of an anime/cosplay group. We're not in competition with anyone, and we welcome everyone.

You can message me at my Facebook with any suggestions for times, days, and series'. =3

Please, pleeease share this.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends Empty Re: BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends

Post by Fizzie Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:42 am

Ok, we've got our Page up on Facebook now:

BAMF Page

C'mon in, guys!! And don't forget to Like and Share! =3

We've got a couple of polls asking which evenings would be best for you, and what you'd like to watch.

Last edited by Kukikoi on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends Empty Re: BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:55 am

Really excited (and nervous) about tomorrow!!

The current slots are like this:

Slot 1: Usually, this slot will be filled with an anime episode, but as it's our first meeting, we thought it'd be a good opportunity to use it to get to know eachother, and also show a few anime openings to see what peaks people's interests. =)

Slot 2: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 1
    Slot 3: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 2

Break Time: A short break inbetween slots for some general banter and snackage. =3

Slot 4: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 1
    Slot 5: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 2
    TheSensei
    TheSensei
    Level: Chibi

Name : Joey Studley

Post by TheSensei Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 am

This sounds epic i really cannot wait ^^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 am

Massive thanks to everyone who came to our very first night!! =D

Hope to see you again next week!! And please feel free to give us your feedback, including if you think the event should start earlier in the evening or something. =)
    TheSensei
    TheSensei

Post by TheSensei Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 pm

It was great thanks you guys did an epical job hosting i am sorry i was a bit OTT when it came to anime knowledge i was not trying to be bigheaded i hope you guys do not think badly of me
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm

TheSensei wrote:It was great thanks you guys did an epical job hosting i am sorry i was a bit OTT when it came to anime knowledge i was not trying to be bigheaded i hope you guys do not think badly of me

No, no. It's all good. I'm also sorry, because I know I was quite quiet most of the night. I'm just kinda like that when I first meet people. ^^

But things should be easier for me next time. =3

We're thinking of starting it at 6:30pm next time, as this seems to be easier for everyone. That means we'd finish at about 9:30pm, but, we may start showing some "after hours" stuff for anyone interested. Stuff like Shiki or Higurashi, which probably can't be shown in the main slots due to younger/easily disturbed viewers.

Last edited by Kukikoi on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheSensei
    TheSensei

Post by TheSensei Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Ooooooo that would be epic i love that show ^^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 pm

TheSensei wrote:Ooooooo that would be epic i love that show ^^

We did talk about it before we set up the club properly, but given that people had college, work, etc, we didn't know if people would be able to stay later enough.

Now that we're starting an hour earlier however, we can add this extra in at the end afterall. =3
    TheSensei
    TheSensei

Post by TheSensei Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:54 pm

epical you should post this on the site as im sure Ske would be up for it too
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 pm

TheSensei wrote:epical you should post this on the site as im sure Ske would be up for it too

Already done. XD
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Taken from [url=]my LiveJournal[/url]:

BAMF: First Night

So we had our first night of BAMF lastnight, and it was awesome!! =D

Lastnight's set-up was like this:

Slot 1: Usually, this slot would be filled with an anime episode, but as it was our first meeting, we thought it'd be a good opportunity to use it to get to know eachother, and also show a few anime openings to see what peaks people's interests. =)

Slot 2: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 1
    Slot 3: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 2

Break Time: A short break inbetween slots for some general banter and snackage. =3

Slot 4: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 1
    Slot 5: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 2

Everything seemed to go really well, but a few people had to leave earlier than we'd expected, so we're thinking of starting it at 6:30pm next time, as this seems to be easier for everyone. That means we'd finish at about 9:30pm, but, we may start showing some "after hours" stuff for anyone interested. Stuff like Shiki or Higurashi, which probably can't be shown in the main slots due to younger/easily disturbed viewers.

I didn't get any photos of the actual night, which is abit disappointing, and I was kinda quiet for most of it. But that's just me, I'm afraid. I can be like that when I meet people for the first time. Next week should be alot easier for me though, and I might actually have the nerve to break out the camera. XP

Next week's set-up will be like this:

Slot 1: Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 1

Slot 2: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 3
    Slot 3: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 4

Break Time: Refreshments, chatter, and photos (for those interested).

Slot 4: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 3
    Slot 5: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 4

The after hours stuff may or may not start next week. It probably will, but we're still in discussion about it, and we'll have to think about what to show and/or have a vote for it. So I'll update on that stuff again later in the week. =)

Wanna say a massive thanks to everyone that came. I really hope you enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to see you all again next week. ^^ And very big thankies to Jade for bringing along some sweeties!! =D
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 am

A heads-up to any Miku fans out there! I'll be showing the full concert sometime in the future, as a BAMF special. ;3

TheSensei
    TheSensei

Post by TheSensei Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:47 am

I love miku <3
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:01 am

TheSensei wrote:I love miku <3

I have her 39's Giving Day concert in full, and (as I mentioned) I'm planning to show it as a BAMF special sometime in the future.

I'm also gonna get hold of her second gig, which went around various countries, and I'll be showing that as another special, sometime later on.

^_^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Whoop!! I'm knackered, but looking forward to tonight!! =D
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:25 am

The schedule for next week is looking like this:

Slot 1: Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 3

Slot 2: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 7
    Slot 3: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 8

Break Time: A short break inbetween slots for general banter, snackage, and hopefully some photos (for those interested). =3

Slot 4: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 7
    Slot 5: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 8

There may be also be After Hours showings of various anime for anyone interested.

We kick-off at 6:30pm, so it's a good idea to arrive a little earlier (anytime after 6pm is fine, but if you'd like to make arrangements to come even earlier; feel free to contact us).

Really hope everyone's having as much fun with this as I am. ^___^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 am

Just made this mascot, for the lolz:

BAMF - Bristol Anime + Manga Friends Gurrenbacon300
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 am

I'm really pleased with the way BAMF is going. We've met some awesome people and had alot of fun. ^_^ I look forward to it every week, so of course, I can't wait 'til next time.

At the moment, we're showing Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Ouran High School Host Club. And we may start showing Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni properly as an "after hours" thing (so far we've been showing a few random things here and there as it was just an extra feature).

This week, we hosted it on Wednesday instead of the usual Tuesday, due to us being at the Panic At The Disco gig then. Luckily, most of the regulars were able to make it, and we'll be going back to Tuesday again next week.

I made some butterscotch cupcakes for everyone this time too. And they seemed to go down pretty well - eventhough half of them were a "lite" version and didn't have the full flavour of the other half. But hey, gotta experiment here and there, right? ^^;

It's really nice to have people to bake for again too. I haven't really had an excuse to bake since my job at GAME ended. So maybe I'll make some chocolate orange ones soon. Or maybe my sherbet ones. Or my cookies!! Ooo, so much choice! I still have a bunch of stuff I've not even tried yet too. ;p

Anyways, I have to say a massive thank you to everyone who's been coming along. You guys are awesome and you've made this whole thing epic!! <3
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 am

Ok, so we're playing it safe and hosting on WEDNESDAY this time, so as not to clash with Valentine's. Sorry for any confusion, but it's just better we avoid clashing with holidays. ^^;

And if all goes well, we'll have some tasty Valentine themed treats for you to munch upon during the break. ♥

The schedule's looking like this:

Slot 1: Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 5

Slot 2: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 11
    Slot 3: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 12

Break Time: A short break inbetween slots for general banter, snackage, and hopefully some photos (for those interested). =3

Slot 4: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 11
    Slot 5: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 12

There may be also be After Hours showings of various anime for anyone interested.

We kick-off at 6:30pm, so it's a good idea to arrive a little earlier (anytime after 6pm is fine, but if you'd like to make arrangements to come even earlier; feel free to contact us).

If you don't know where to come yet, please inbox either of us and we'll give you the address.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

BAMF: New Things

>>>Voting Night<<<

So, tonight was our very first voting night! Everyone had the chance to vote for upto 3 different anime shows of their choice, and the scores were as follows:

Chobits = 1
    Hellsing = 1
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor = 1
    Kekkaishi = 1
    Mobile Suit Gundam Seed = 1
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = 1
    Cowboy Bebop = 2
    Air Gear = 3
    Durarara = 3
    Soul Eater = 4
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood = 7

Which means, we'll be continuing with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (as it's such a long series, we decided to break it down abit - which we're doing with all series' over 30 episodes). =3

>>>Extra Slot<<<

As the after-hours slot has been quite a big success, we're thinking about turning it into an official slot instead. This means BAMF would run from 6:30pm to 10:00pm, and the set-up would most likely look like this:

Slot 1 (6:30): Anime A
    Slot 2 (7:00): Anime A

Break (7:30)!!

Slot 3 (8:00): Anime B
    Slot 4 (8:30): Anime B

Slot 5 (9:00): Anime C
    Slot 6 (9:30): Anime C

So I've put up a post on the Facebook page asking the guys what they think about adding an extra slot. =)

>>>Random Events<<<

Ever since we first started talking about BAMF, we've been planning to hold movie nights. But we wanted to get the group settled in before throwing more at them. ;p Now though, I think it's time to talk about these planned movie nights, and other such event ideas that we have floating around.

These may or may not become monthly events. It depends on what everyone wants, as some of the ideas will cost money. And eventhough it won't be much, it's still money being spent. The free events may be more often (again, depending on what people want).

I'll just list off a few of the free ideas:

Cosplay Workshop
    Dance Class
    Game Nights
    Movie Nights
    Museum Trips
    Photo Shoots
    Special Surprises

With the cosplay season dawning on us once again, I though a Cosplay Workshop might be a good idea - if people don't mind bringing stuff over, that is. I have a sewing machine, scissors, etc. But I'm thinking it might be a good idea for those of us who need help with things. Even if it's just having someone there to pin you up in the right places. It could be a good way to share tips too. Again though, as this relies on people's willingness to carry around whatever they're working on, it may or may not work. But, like with all these things, it's just an idea I'm throwing out there for discussion.

Something I'd love to do (and something that would be in the "free" list) is Dance Class. Just for a few of us to get together and learn a new anime/jpop dance every now and then. But I really don't think we have the room for it. =( And as we'd need internet access to watch tutorial videos, we can't really do it outside in a park (even if we saved the videos and took a laptop with us, the battery would soon die). So this idea may just remain an idea forever (but I still wanted to share it). XD

The Game Nights could potentially vary from board games to card game to video games, etc. So we may rotate themes. I just think this would be a great way to hang out and have a few laughs. And I'm pretty sure we've over-due a Guitar Hero party. ;3

As I already mentioned, we've been planning Movie Nights from the beginning. We've got a few anime movies lined-up for recommending and voting, but we'd love to hear everyone else's suggestions too.

I've listed Museum Trips on both lists because some are free and some are not. Ideally, to keep with our anime theme, it'd be great if everyone cosplayed! But it won't be mandatory, of course.

The Photo Shoots could range from just random cosplays from different series' to themed group cosplays. We may not have the most amazing cameras between us, but I just thought this might be a bit of a giggle, as well as a way to build confidence and help eachother with poses (which I suck at, by-the-way).

The Special Surprises are just random events that would mostly be one-offs. For instance, I've been planning to show the Miku Hatsune concerts (separately). There are two that I know of, so it'd be a two-off. ;p And I'm thinking of showing them during one of the days later in the year when the weather brightens up. But I can't make up my mind how to present it. Should it be as usual, where it's lights off and everyone pay attention? Or should it be a more casual gather - lights on, chatter allowed, etc? I mean, even if people coming love Miku, they may not want to sit still and watch her concert from start to finish like that. So if it's more relaxed, people can sit down as and when they please, and get up to chat at the snack table whenever, etc.

And a list of a few of the non-free ideas:

Aquarium
    Bowling
    Cinema
    Mini-Golf
    Museums
    Picnic
    Zoo

These pretty much explain themselves. ^^; Again though, in keeping with our anime theme, I think it'd be great if everyone cosplayed. But, again of course, it won't be mandatory.

I also couldn't decided which list to put Picnic on, but seeing as it costs money to buy foods (and I would expect everyone to contribute something), I thought it should go in this one.

So um, yeah. That's about it for now. Ideas keep popping up in my head all the time, so forgive me if I start posting them randomly later on. XD
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:22 am

Ok guys!! We've added an extra slot for you!! =D

The schedule's looking like this:

Slot 1: Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 7
    Slot 2: Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episode 8

Slot 3: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 15
    Slot 4: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 16

Slot 5: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 15
    Slot 6: Ouran High School Host Club - Episode 16

If you don't know where to come yet, please inbox either of us and we'll give you the address.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 am

‎>>>Table Top Roleplaying<<<

First of all, we'd like to know who would be interested in this.

And second, we'd like to know who has any they could bring along, and if they'd be willing to play Game Master for their games as they probably know them better than anyone else (at least first time round).
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 am

>>>Board Games<<<

So, who'd be up for some casual board gaming (accompanied by video games as back-up)? And would you prefer them to run from early afternoon or early evening?

The plan is to have the focus on board games, but there will also be a few video games to choose from if you're not interested in whatever the current board game in-play is. And we've got a deck of cards too. Failing that, there's always general banter and photos to be had. ;p

It would be a very relaxed event, and you're all welcome to bring something to eat, or order something in, or just top up at the Tesco Metro near us whenever the munchies grab you.

If these events get enough interest, we'll be investing in a few games ourselves. But for now we'll need your help. So please let us know if you have any games that you wouldn't mind bringing with you for everyone to enjoy. =)
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm

>>>Random Events<<<

Just to let everyone know, the random events (such as the board game event) will probably only be a monthly thing. We'll still hold the anime nights every week, but these extra events will most likely only happen once a month (something different every month). Unless some of the them prove popular and affordable enough to do them more often. But we'll see about that later. ^^;

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:52 am