Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Transformers

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Transformers Empty Transformers

Post by Fizzie Fri May 02, 2008 9:53 am

Transformers Tf01

Yup, a topic for the discussion of the 2007 Transformers movie.

I've never been a Transformers fan, but I loved this film... dispite it's many faults.

The Transformers themselves are visually stunning, and the sound effects for them are awesome!!

Bumblebess is my favourite!!

I was really pissed at Prime for letting the humans take Bumble away. His excuse? They couldn't save him without harming the humans. Er... yes you could. Not to mention he'd previously smashed-in the car the Sector Seven guys were taking Sam away in. Kind of a stupidly dangerous thing to do when you don't wanna hurt humans, let alone your little hero. Neutral

But that's just Prime, to me. I don't like him. He's a git.

I honestly feel for Bumble everytime I watch this movie and he gets caught. He makes the most painful sounds and it's really upsetting. The poor guy.

And why does it take so damn long to get him back!? If I were Sam, I wouldn't go anywhere without getting Bumble back first. Instead, he's being screwed with the entire time they're all busy chatting.

Frenzy's hilarious!! He's like a little robotic gremlin or somethin'!! Haha!!

My first problem with this movie is Mikaela. She's just your typical eye-candy placement for all the sad, sad, guys of the world (ps: I don't mean all guys, just the sad ones). I mean, as if giant, talking, transforming, CG robots beating the crap out of eachother and blowing stuff up wasn't enough reason to see this movie!

Also, the garden scene was way too long and way too stupid. And just gives me more reason to dislike Prime as he acts like a complete prat.

The little kid at the pool is just stupid as well. ¬_¬;

There's also a couple of points during the big battle scene that really slow the pace down too much.

Click to read:
    Spoiler:

One of the biggest problems with this film is that the Transformers themselves seem to be nothing more than co-stars to the fleshies. I'm hoping the sequels will be more bot based than hume.

And I hate the whole "I'll drive, you shoot." Yeah, like he needs to be told! And then she's screaming at him to "Shoot! Shoot!"... shut the f*ck up!! He knows!!

And what's with the truck scene with her anyways? One minute it won't move and that's the big thing; oh no, she can't get Bumble to safety, but then, all of a sudden; it's fine.

Oh, the soundtrack to this movie's great!! Just wanted to add a positive. ^^;

Anyways, that'll do for now. I did a proper review back when I first saw this movie, but I can't remember (or find) it.

Your views?

Anyone else get fed-up of hearing Prime go on about how he'd "sacrifice himself"? He sounded like he was constantly looking for attention and praise for being such a great hero or something.

Oh yeah, something else; why do they say they didn't think Megatron was a threat (when asked why it'd been kept secret)? Obviously they must've thought he was (or could have been) a threat , or they wouldn't have kept him on-ice!!

But I guess that's another dig this movie throws at the US Government (and it throws alot - lol).

Spoiler:
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Transformers Empty Re: Transformers

Post by Nightwolf Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:01 pm

I thought the movie was great and I aggree with the Transformers not getting enough screen time. But when they are on, they are wicked! Frenzy made me laugh so much! Glad to hear the sequels will involve more Transfromers. WOO-HOO! One thing I love about the movie was how the robots looked. The robots transforming was picture perfect. They really hit it spot on with those effects. Barricade was one I really liked along with Bumblebee.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:23 am