Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

[FanFic] TMNT: Brothers In Arms

Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

[FanFic] TMNT: Brothers In Arms Empty [FanFic] TMNT: Brothers In Arms

Post by Chojin Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:07 am

Here it is, my not so long awaited TMNT Fanfic. I hope everyone enjoys it, and I'll be posting the second chapter a week from now.

--------------------

TMNT: BROTHERS IN ARMS
    Chapter 1

It was a starry night on the outskirts of New York. Distant storm clouds rolled by but threatened to sweep over the city. Down at street level, the usual late night crowds went about their business, no one aware what was going on beneath their feet.

Below the streets, in the sewers, three figures made their way unnoticed. Their purpose was unknown and their direction even more so. These figures were not human. These creatures were reptilian in nature. Standing anywhere between 5.5 and 6 foot, these reptiles were by no means average. As they ran, they would occasionally splash some of the water then gathered in the middle of the sewer pipe. Their dull footsteps echoed faintly through the tunnels.

They ran as if they were fleeing, looking over their shoulders every so often. There was an air of caution and fear about them. They appeared to be confused; something had happened to them recently, something they had not expected to happen ever. Not long ago, these creatures were nothing more than exhibits in a reptile centre. Their confusion came when they suddenly grew to their current states; they did not know how they came to be.

“Ah, Link?” Said a rather slow voice as its owner stopped dead.
    “Yeah; Lennie?” Link replied.
    “Why are we going this way?” Asked Lennie.
    “Does he have to tell you every ten minutes?” Scolded a rather quick tongue.
    “Quiet you two. Lennie, we’re moving into the city, proper, we can’t stay out here anymore. Sal, don’t tease Lennie,” Link said sternly as he shot him a glance, “Now, Sal, go scout ahead, I want to know how far we are from the Hudson.” Sal didn’t say a thing. He nodded and raced off ahead as fast as his slender legs could carry him; which, as it turns out, would put an Olympic runner to shame.

At street level, things were still a bit busy. The hour was late, and the storm clouds had moved closer, though they were now just dark threatening clouds as the storm had abated. A few cars were on the roads, but mostly the bright yellow taxis that often tore around the city and its suburbs. Nobody noticed that in the middle of the road a single manhole cover was wobbling slightly as it was being freed from its holdings. Below the cover; it was too dark to see what was pushing it from below. A pair of saurian eyes peered out at the world around. A forked purple tongue darted out into the air, tasting the air. The air tasted faintly of the Hudson not more than a mile away. A bright yellow taxi drove over the manhole. After it passed, the cover was shut firmly.

Last edited by Kitai on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:40 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Little spelling error)
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

[FanFic] TMNT: Brothers In Arms Empty Re: [FanFic] TMNT: Brothers In Arms

Post by Fizzie Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:30 am

Wicked awesome!!

I want more!! Moremoremore!!

Are you gonna post this on DeviantArt as well?
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 am

Yeah, I will. I'll be posting it on DA tomorrow, I hope

I'm currently working on the second chapter, but you'll still have to wait until Tuesday for it Wink
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:22 am

Chojin wrote:Yeah, I will. I'll be posting it on DA tomorrow, I hope

I'm currently working on the second chapter, but you'll still have to wait until Tuesday for it Wink

Meanie!!

But I understand why. I'm gonna try and keep mine a once-a-week thing now. It keeps it consistant, so people know when to expect an update. And it gives me time to catch-up with my writing if I fall behind.

I mean, I do keep a chapter or two in-hand. But it's always good to have a back-up plan, right?

^_^
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 am

That it is. If I can manage it, I might do a Saturday update as well, depending on how I feel Wink
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:32 am

Chapter 2

Two sets of footsteps approached at a steady pace, and Sal knew who they were. One set was light and agile; the other sounded heavy and somewhat clumsier. Closer and closer they drew. Sal dropped from his perch and landed lightly on his feet. His slender legs bent slightly to absorb the shock of landing. The two figures stopped short; the larger of the two almost ploughing straight into him.
    “Sal; report.” Said the smaller of the two.
    “Firstly, Link, you don’t need to be so formal; we’re not in any position of authority,” Sal said as he lowered his extended arm that stopped Lennie from crashing straight into him, “Secondly, the Hudson is approximately 1700 yards down the street from this cover.” Link thought for a moment as he looked up at the cover and down the length of the pipe.
    “Judging by how things have gone so far down here, this pipe doesn’t lead straight to the river; it could take us an hour or more, just to find our way through the maze of tunnels. Up top, we could reach the river anywhere between five and twenty minutes, depending on the amount of people there is up there,” Link said as he contemplated their chances. Having not been in the public eye since their mutation, Link was unsure as to how the human’s would react to their presence, “We’re going topside.” He finally said after weighing up the options. Link looked down the sewer pipe again before looking back up towards the streets as if he was still unsure.
    “You don’t seem too-“ Sal started before Link practically vanished as he leapt up using his powerful legs, “Frogs.” Sal spat as he shook his head slightly.
    “Erm... I think we should go up top.” Lennie said wanting to have a say in what they did.
    “What a great idea, Lennie, let’s do it.” Link called from up the ladder. Without hesitation, Lennie pushed past Sal and started up the ladder. ‘Idiot’ Sal thought, as he grudgingly brought up the rear.

Back on street level, the manhole cover was freed once again. Link moved the cover out of the way, down the road so the cars would still be able to pass over without going over it. He peered out to look at the headlights of an approaching van. He ducked out the way and watched the undercarriage as it passed over. Once it had gone, he chanced another look; the roads were clear. He looked around and saw a dark alleyway to the left as they came out.
    “Guys, we’re going that way,” He said quietly as he motioned towards the alleyway; Lennie nodded. There was no response from Sal, but Link knew he was smart enough to know, “Lennie, when I give the signal, you follow, ok?”
    “Ok.” Lennie said with an absent mind. Link sighed as thoughts of lennie not knowing the signal from any background noise ran through his mind. Forcing the thoughts from his mind, he stole another glance around to make sure it was still clear. Without a moment’s hesitation, Link used his powerful legs to leap clear of the manhole. He had jumped higher than he had planned, proving he was still not used to the power his legs now contained he looked at the nearest lamp post, which wasn’t far away, and tried to grab it with his tongue. His tongue darted out with amazing speed and accuracy. His tongue attached itself to the post. He cringed at the taste and pulled himself in; he wasn’t going to be doing that again in a hurry. He quickly made a beeline for the alleyway. Looking back towards the road, he made a quick assessment of the area before he puffed out his throat with a croak. There was nothing; no sign of Lennie following. He croaked again.

Inside the manhole, Lennie and Sal clung to the ladder waiting for the signal. For a few moments, there was nothing.
    “Link’s taking his time,” Sal said impatiently. No sooner had he said that, he heard a croak. He cocked his head to the side, slightly in thought, “Lennie go, that was the signal.”
    “What was?” Lennie asked as he swivelled a single eye towards Sal.
    “That croak was the signal; and don’t do that thing with your eye, it’s creepy.” Sal said quickly. There was another croak, identical to the first if it wasn’t for the volume.
    “What about that one?” Asked Lennie.
    “That one too, now go.” Sal said with agitation in his voice as he pushed Lennie from behind.

Link could hear some muffled voices from the manhole; he knew that it was Lennie and Sal debating on what the signal was. He croaked again. This time, Lennie popped his head out of the manhole. He sat there unmoving, save for his beady eyes which darted back and forth. His head disappeared back into the hole as another vehicle went straight overhead. There was nothing. Link waited patiently, but his patience was wearing thin. A hand brushed his shoulder and made him jump. He did not let out a yell, but instead dropped to the ground ready to jump right out of danger if needed. He turned as he dropped to see the bulk that was Lennie.
    “Don’t do that, Lennie, it’s creepy.” Link said in a hushed tone as he put his palm to his forehead. Link quickly turned to check the surroundings again. Lennie looked puzzled, like he was trying to work something out. His thoughts were interrupted when Link croaked once again. Lennie and Link watched as Sal deftly swung himself up onto the road and swiftly ran for the relative safety of the alleyway.
    “What now, smart guy.” Sal said sarcastically as he stood up to full height again.
    “Now, we make our way to the Hudson.” Link said with an air of confidence about him. He knew that they were likely to reach the river without incident, but it always paid to be cautious. So far they had no run-ins with humans; he wanted it to stay that way.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:02 am

LMAO!! Creepy eyes!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:34 am

I couldn't help myself with that. I suppose I should really reveal what they all are soon, lol.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:37 am

Chojin wrote:I couldn't help myself with that. I suppose I should really reveal what they all are soon, lol.

Well...

Spoiler:

LMAO!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:04 am

Introduce who...?

<_<

>_>
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:13 am

Chojin wrote:Introduce who...?

<_<

>_>

Lols!!

=p
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm

The next chapter has been put on hold for a little while, but I am getting back into it so hopefully I can get it moving along swiftly.

I'll try and make the Tuesday update. Also, I'm not longer trying to do the Staurday, as well. As I've said, I have a few more projects on the go and need time to devote to them.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:24 pm

Chojin wrote:The next chapter has been put on hold for a little while, but I am getting back into it so hopefully I can get it moving along swiftly.

I'll try and make the Tuesday update. Also, I'm not longer trying to do the Staurday, as well. As I've said, I have a few more projects on the go and need time to devote to them.

Fair enough, dude.

I look forward to an update tomorrow!! =D
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:04 pm

By hook or by crook, I'll do an update tomorrow... ook
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Chojin wrote:By hook or by crook, I'll do an update tomorrow... ook

You better! Or else... um... ... something bad.

Yeah, that's right! Be afraid!!

<_<
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 am

I'm working on it right now, but I won't be able to work on it for long, right now.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:08 am

Chojin wrote:I'm working on it right now, but I won't be able to work on it for long, right now.

Do eeet!!

Do it or else I'll ninja kick you!!

=p
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:16 am

Two problems, though...

Problem #1: Housework

Problem #2: Word isn't repsonding
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:03 am

Chojin wrote:Two problems, though...

Problem #1: Housework

Problem #2: Word isn't repsonding

Don't give me your excuses!!

*throws plastic shurikens at you*
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:37 pm

No need for excuses now, I'm done. Here is the next chapter. Enjoy it, as I am now moving my updates back to Tuesdays and keeping them that way.

----------

Chapter 3

In the alley, the guys were discussing how it was best to get to the river. They each had strengths that could get them there without being seen, but that would require them to split up.
    “What are you suggesting?” Sal argued. He wasn’t particularly happy with the idea of being topside, in the first place.
    “I’m suggesting that we all find our own ways to the river; we’ll only slow each other down.” Link said as thoughts went through his mind.
    “If I go on my own, I’m going straight down the road; it’s the most direct route.” Sal said as he folded his arms and leant against the wall. The annoyance that was in his voice faded.
    “The back alleys would be better, more shadow.” Link replied as he just looked at Sal.

All the while, Lennie was just stared blankly between the two. In reality, he was looking at both of them. He stepped back into the shadow and faded from sight. Casually and quietly, he walked between Link and Sal as they continued to argue. He wasn’t listening to either them; all he knew was that he had to get to the river and his best chance was on his own.
    “I hope you can keep up, then.” Sal said challengingly.
    “Oh, I’ll be up alright, I’m taking the roof.” Link said as he started towards the opposite wall. Sal looked around, a curious look in his eye.
    “Where’s Lennie?” Sal asked. Link was halfway up the wall when he stopped dead.
    “He’ll be fine-“ Link said as he turned back to face the way he had come, “he knows to head for the river and which way that is.” Sal shook his head as he turned to go down the back alleys.

Lennie wandered slowly along the road. He was passed by several people very close to him. He almost wondered why they hadn’t seen him, then he realised why. His gait wasn’t exactly slow, he was making good time. Surprisingly enough, Lennie was actually heading in the right direction. He had no idea how far he had to go, nor how far he had come. Lennie quickened his pace as he broke into a jog, his feet silently pounding the pavement as he went. After a few minutes of jogging, Lennie had covered more ground than he had done since he left his “brothers”. A loud crash halted his advance.

Sal stretched out his tail as he prepared to sprint down the alley. He strained to listen to the sounds of the night. There would have been perfect silence if it wasn’t for the usual background noise. He started his sprint. Sal is a fast runner, able to outrun Olympic athletes. Although Sal is fast, he is still very agile, able to change directions on a dime. Without another moment’s hesitation, he sprinted down the alleyway and turned down another, heading straight towards the river. It was not a clear view, as there were often bins left out for collection. Sal made short work of avoiding them, either with deft steps around them or by jumping clean over them. Before he had even made the half-mile mark, Sal stopped dead. He had heard a large crashing sound coming from the roof of a nearby house.
    “Idiot!” Sal spat under his breath.

Link jumped clear over the roads, from one roof to another. He was enjoying finding out what he was capable of doing. His jumps were near perfect. Once or twice, he almost didn’t make it, but he caught on the wall and climbed back up. Occasionally he chanced a glance into the alleyway, Sal was some distance ahead. He had seen no sign of Lennie, but he was sure it wouldn’t be long before they were reunited. Link’s advance on the river was relatively unimpeded, save for the occasional chimney stack, nothing too bad for him. Another road was approaching and Link didn’t want to have to climb again, it was slowing him down. As he approached the edge of the building, he began lowering himself ready for the jump. As he put his foot down, he curled his toes over the edge. He brought his other leg in underneath him. He pushed off with both feet, his powerful legs sending him over the road with ease. The next roof rapidly sped towards him. Exactly as he planned; but it was short lived. With the new roof came a new problem, a skylight that was previously hidden by the internal darkness now lit up. Link had no way of anticipating the skylight on the roof, but now it was too late. Link’s only hope was that he could land softly. As he descended on the skylight, he positioned his legs ready to absorb the impact of the landing, and hopefully soften the blow on the rooftop window. No such luck. The skylight was incapable of holding the sudden introduction of his weight and it gave way, sending him tumbling to the floor within in a shower of shattered glass.
    “Crap!” Link said as he picked himself up off the floor and brushed the glass of him.
    “Monster!” screamed a frightened voice. Link spun round to see an elderly woman.
    “This is all I need.” He said as he hung his head slightly. The woman took this opportunity to grab the phone.
    “Hello? Police? I-“ Started the woman before Link snapped his head up and snatched the phone from her with his tongue, as he sent it flying into the wall.
    “I don’t want any trouble,” He said as he looked towards the skylight and leapt straight out of it, leaving the woman to her screams for help. “MOVE!” Link shouted at the top of his lungs as he reached the pinnacle of his jump.

Sal kicked the floor in anger. He was hoping that they could at least make the river before they were spotted.
    “Link, what have you done now?” He said under his breath. He turned towards the river. The faint sound of sirens could be heard. Sal made short work of the dumpsters and bins that blocked his path. He was still quite some distance from the river, but going down the back alley was bound to assure him that he could make it unseen.

As soon as Lennie heard to call to move, he turned back to the river and began to run. He was surprisingly fast, but no match for Sal. Lennie’s only problem was that once he started running, he forgot about stealth, so now he was completely visible. Leaving while the others were arguing, Lennie was still closer to the river. He could hear the sirens getting closer and closer.

Link landed on the edge of the skylight and immediately took off again. His powerful legs propelling him forward and up. His trajectory took him to the far edge of the building. He put his arms out towards the roof. Taking the brunt of the impact, he brought his legs underneath and jumped clean over the road. He could smell the river getting closer and closer. He just had to keep going. The sirens were now joined by more sirens coming from another direction, they were closing in.

After several agonising minutes, the first police car came screeching round the corner, siren wailing and the blues flashing. Ahead of it was clear road, save for the few cars parked up on the side. Without breaking his gait, Sal scrambled over the bonnet of a rather beaten metallic mint green car parked in his path to the river. Without looking, he heard the screech of tires as the police car slammed its breaks on, obviously surprised to see him. He leapt over the wall straight into a dive. His slender body acted like a spear, breaching the water with hardly a splash. Without too much hesitation, the police car started forward again with its tires screeching as they tried to gain purchase. This time, its progress was impeded when Lennie ran out in front of it. After screeching to another stop, the police office driving just stared at Lennie. Lennie looked straight back at him for a few moments before the officer realised he had a job to do. Lennie just stood there looking at the car reversing with his head cocked to the side. His eye twitched up as he saw a familiar form dropping from the roof. The officer took one last look at the freak ahead of him. He was about to put his foot down when another one landed on his bonnet, completely shaking his confidence.
    “Lennie, where the hell have you been?” Link yelled at Lennie. But before Lennie could answer, he said, “never mind that, just get in the river.” Lennie didn’t respond verbally, but he did run to the wall and jump over it. Link turned slightly to look out of the corner of his eye at the panicked officer within the car. Then he was gone. Link leapt high into the air and sailed clear over the wall. After a rather flashy somersault, he pierced the water’s surface. After a few moments, the water was still again, leaving no trace of any disturbance save for the wailing sirens of the approaching emergency vehicles.

Last edited by Chojin on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Finished the chapter)
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:10 am

Squee!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:40 am

lol, you missed it by minutes earlier
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:45 am

Chojin wrote:lol, you missed it by minutes earlier

Poop. I had some stuffs to do earlier.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 am

That's fair enough. You can't be expected to read every one of them as soon as they're posted. I didn't want to end it there, so I might do an extra few paragraphs soon
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:02 am

Finished chapter 3, it's now editted to include the conclusion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:18 am