Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Chojin
Nightwolf
6 posters

Batman: The Dark Knight

Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Batman: The Dark Knight

Post by Nightwolf Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Greetings folks. As someone who is a big Batman fan, I was happy to have seen The Dark Knight last night and can say it was a very good film. Here's a little review for you all:

Batman (Christian Bale) is clearing up the streets of Gotham City with the help of Lt Gordon (Gary Oldman) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) and making Gotham City a better place. But the arrival of The Joker (Heath Ledger) has other plans for Gotham City. And they aren't good.

At the end of the superb Batman Begins, we saw the "calling card" of The Joker possibly teasing us with a sequel. And what a sequel it is. Dark, powerful and strong from the start, THe Dark Knight could very well be the best Batman film yet. Christian Bale is superb as Batman and finds his niche as Batman even more than before adding new depth to both Bruce Wayne and Batman. His newest enemy has no rules for himself and pushes Batman to the edge of one question: How do you fight a man who has NO rules at all?

It's a definite step up for Christian Bale as Batman and deserves applause. But of course he's not alone. Aaron Eckhart also deserves a pat on the back for pulling of Harvey Dent. And being a HUGE fan of who he becomes (I won't spoil it), i'm glad to say he nailed that too.

But the star of the show is the late Heath Ledger himself. People say that his last film which was THe Dark Knight was his best. Having not seen much else of his work I wouldn't know but it wouldn't suprise me one bit. Ledger is outstanding as THe Joker and pulls off one of the most memorable villians ever brilliantly. After his amazing introduction to the rest of the Gotham City's crime figures (you will NEVER look at a pencil the same way again! Trust me!) he go's on to cause chaos, desctruction and more with a smile on his face. People say that he deserves an Oscar for his performance. I would aggree. It would be a great tribute to the man and one that people can look bck on and say "Heath didn't play the part of The Joker. He BECAME The Joker."

Of course I leave it up you to decide. Five stars from me.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Batman: The Dark Knight Empty Re: Batman: The Dark Knight

Post by Chojin Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:19 pm

As a comic book fan, I will be glad to see this film. I love the batman films. Unlike other films from the comic book genre, I have yet to be able to find any major plot errors.

I am also eager to see Heath Ledger's final role before his tragic depart from this plain of existence.

The trailers are very enticing and only serve to fuel my want.

Before the last film, there was talk of the Batmobile becoming a Humvee, but I'm glad they went with the Tumbler, which has loose design elements take from the F-117A Nighthawk Sleath Fighter, and I'm glad they're sticking with it for The Dark Knight.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:37 pm

I was going to see this on Monday, but we have a 58 song setlist to do on Rock Band on Monday, we're gonna go see it either Sunday or Tuesday now.

I'm not bothered about seeing this film, to be honest. It's not that I don't like Batman, but I just can't stand Christian Bale. In anything I've seen him in, he's showed no emotion. And whilst that may suit these Batman films (and that boring movie where you weren't allowed to have emotions), it hasn't worked with most other movies he's done.

I do like Heath Ledger though. I think he's been great in what I've already seen him in. I was shocked though, when I heard he'd been chosen to play The Joker. I just couldn't picture him in that role. But I've heard good things and so I'm hoping he'll save the film for me. Haha!!

I am wondering if, by also putting Two Face in there, they're going down the fatal route of the Spider-Man movies, and end-up sticking too many villans into one film. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyways, I'll leave my thoughts in here after I've seen it.
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:19 pm

In all honesty, Two Face adds quite well to the film so it worked out well. I know what you mean though about too many villans in Spiderman 3 though.

As for Ledger being cast as The Joker I wasn't sold on it at first but his performance certaintly changed my mind.
    Species
    Species
    Level: Rookie
    Level: Rookie

Post by Species Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 am

nice review Smile i might go see it but i have not seen batman begins yet.
    have you seen batman Gotham knight? it suppose to fill in the gaps in the movie .
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 pm

I've got Gotham Knight. That's good too. Well there's no real link between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Just filler eally. But it's very good filler.
    Andy
    Level: Newbie

Post by Andy Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:52 am

Heeey, first message on here but i thought Dark Knight was quality, Heath Ledger is an amazing joker, i already want to see the film again but havent gotten around to it yet! Going to go again soon i hope!
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:58 am

Hey hey my main man Andy has joined the site! You KNOW i'm seeing it again too. On my birthday too as going to the cinema on my birthday is a tradition of mine!
    Andy

Post by Andy Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 am

Haha well im sure i can sort you out a free ticket for your birthday!
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 am

Aces mate! Cheers!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:09 am

Just got back from seeing it. Randomly. By randomly I mean my friend called me up and asked if I wanted to go see it with him. It started in four minutes time. Lucky for him (and me) I'm not your average female, so it didn't take me that long to get ready, get out, and meet him by the model shop. Haha!!

Anyways. I'm not gonna give it a huge review because I'm not usually very good at those. But I'll start by saying that, though it wasn't as amazingly awesome as people have been making it out to be: it came kinda close.

Keeping in-mind that I feel asleep through the first movie via boredom (which I didn't actually see at the cinema), I still haven't seen the whole of that one. However, I don't think this was a sequel where you needed to see the original to make sence of things.

I have to admit that I was so surprised by Christian Bale! I haven't been converted into a great fan or anything, but I do now think he can act. Though I hate what he does with his mouth when he's out as Batman. When he's Bruce, he's fine. When he's Batman, he just does this thing with his mouth that makes him look stupid, and it annoys the crap outta me!!

And I think this movie is the first time I've seen him smile!! And wow, doesn't he look cute when he smiles? No, I don't fancy him. I just think people look better when they smile. He should do it more often.

Okay, so, let's talk Heath Ledger. Awesome. I really don't know what other word I can use to describe him in this role. As I've mentioned before, I couldn't quite picture him in this role. It could be because I've never seen him do anything like it, or because the image of The Joker in my head has always been Jack Nicholson in the older Batman movie. Who, though the movie was more light-hearted, creeped me out with his face!! O_O;

But Heath took on and delivered the role amazingly. As much as Jack made me laugh in the old movie, Heath became the character The Joker was always meant to be - with his own special blend, of course.

Spoiler:

However, the movie did seem like it was never going to end. I wouldn't have minded if they didn't keep giving us scenes that felt like endings. I think there were three, but there may have been four.

As a hero fan, I couldn't not see this movie at some point, even given my worries (as mentioned in an earlier post). And as a non-Bale-fan, and as someone who grew-up with the older, less serious, Batman films, I really had to come at this with an open-mind as I knew it would be something completely different to whatever I was used to or could possibly be expecting. Which it was. And it didn't disappoint.

And I wanna end by saying... EXPLOSIONS FTW!!
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:35 pm

I would say I told you so hun (as per our MSN conversations) but I won't. I already knew you'd like it. EVERYONE did! LOL!
    Wellard
    Wellard

Name : Jeff

Post by Wellard Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:43 pm

It is a top film but it did drag on and on. Looking forward to the next one.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 pm

NMD wrote:I would say I told you so hun (as per our MSN conversations) but I won't. I already knew you'd like it. EVERYONE did! LOL!

Lol! Good. Don't. Coz as I said; it wasn't as great as everyone (including yourself) made it out to be.

And though, regardless of what people had said, I wasn't expecting more, but I was kinda hoping for it.

I think I'll give Batman Begins another try at some point though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:37 pm