Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Species
Oxide
Lolz
Blissy
Fizzie
Nightwolf
10 posters

What Grinds Your Gears

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

What Grinds Your Gears - Page 2 Empty Re: What Grinds Your Gears

Post by Fizzie Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Species wrote:
    Kitai wrote:
    Species wrote:they are times when lies are needed in order to protect

No offence, but I don't believe that for a second.

I'd rather be hurt by a truth, than be "saved" by a lie.

let say a person was looking for a mate of mine to beat him up and asked me if i knew where he was I would lie.

Come off it. That's a completly different ball game and you know it. ¬_¬'
    Species
    Species
    Level: Rookie

Post by Species Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Kitai wrote:
    Species wrote:
    Kitai wrote:
    Species wrote:they are times when lies are needed in order to protect

No offence, but I don't believe that for a second.

I'd rather be hurt by a truth, than be "saved" by a lie.

let say a person was looking for a mate of mine to beat him up and asked me if i knew where he was I would lie.

Come off it. That's a completly different ball game and you know it. ¬_¬'

if a lie is a lie it's not a different ball game, plus i consider withholding something as a lie too
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:25 pm

That's a lie of omission, and can't be held against someone, assuming that they would tell the truth if asked
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:14 pm

Species wrote:if a lie is a lie it's not a different ball game, plus i consider withholding something as a lie too

I consider with-holding something a lie too. I agree.

But that example you gave is one of the only time a lie is okay. Lemma explain better (if I can)...

To me, a lie is only okay when it's used for saving the world, saving a life, saving someone from serious physical harm, or keeping a nice surprise from someone.

Why is lying okay at these times? Well:

Saving The World
    It's obviously okay to tell a lie to save the world from like, a super evil villan or something. You're saving lives by doing this.

Saving A Life
    Again, it's obvious why this is okay.

Saving Someone From Serious Physical Harm
    Again, obvious. And this actually refers to the lie you gave as an example.

Keeping A Nice Surprise From Someone
    This is okay because the person you're temporally lying to will find out soon enough what the surprise is and they will like it and be glad you kept it from them. Nobody is hurt from the truth, or the fact you lied.

Let's move on to why some people lie:

Saving Themselves When They've Done Something Wrong
    Some people like to save themselves when they know they've done something wrong. This is not okay at all. If you do this, you're not only an liar, you're a coward from not admitting to what you've done, you're also an asshole for doing something you knew was wrong to do in the first place.

Saving Someone From Emotional Harm
    This is wrong too. I'd much rather be hurt with the truth. If something's so bad that it'll hurt someone, then they need to know so they can deal with it, becoming stronger within themselves.

There are more examples, but I think that'll do. I was just trying to explain how I feel about different situations.

As always though, it's each-to-their own. And this is where I think I find the most trouble in life. I have very high morals, and I don't understand how people can so easily hurt others in this world.
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:22 am

Kitai wrote:
    Saving Someone From Emotional Harm
    This is wrong too. I'd much rather be hurt with the truth. If something's so bad that it'll hurt someone, then they need to know so they can deal with it, becoming stronger within themselves.

I agree with this some what, but part of me does not, depending on what the lie is about and the Emotional state of the person that is being lied too.

also if a mate tell me some information, let say they are sick and tell me not 2 say a thing too anyone about it, and i agree to this, then if asked by anyone I would lie.
    to me a promise from me out weights a lie to someone, and i only make promises that i will keep.

also Kitai you have justified in your eyes when it is ok to lie, which some people may agree with but you also stated that you have a "very high morals" which is not a correct statement in my eye's. you have your own morals that you live your life by and others have theirs, just because someone lies cheats or steals does not mean they don't have high morals it just means that they differ.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:21 am

Species wrote:I agree with this some what, but part of me does not, depending on what the lie is about and the Emotional state of the person that is being lied too.

also if a mate tell me some information, let say they are sick and tell me not 2 say a thing too anyone about it, and i agree to this, then if asked by anyone I would lie.
    to me a promise from me out weights a lie to someone, and i only make promises that i will keep.

also Kitai you have justified in your eyes when it is ok to lie, which some people may agree with but you also stated that you have a "very high morals" which is not a correct statement in my eye's. you have your own morals that you live your life by and others have theirs, just because someone lies cheats or steals does not mean they don't have high morals it just means that they differ.

See, again, you're talking about a situation that's completely different from the situation myself and these so-called friends of mine have been in. What they've done is lie to me for months for NO good reason.

They basically fit into the "Saving Themselves When They've Done Something Wrong" thing I was talking about before.

And yeah, I do have high morals, but I can't see how anyone can justify lying to someone just to save their own skin.

And I also hate the "I had to lie because" line. What a load of rubbish. You didn't have to do what you knew was wrong to do in the first place, and you didn't have to lie about it either.

No one forces anyone else to lie.
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:42 am

Kitai wrote:
    Species wrote:I agree with this some what, but part of me does not, depending on what the lie is about and the Emotional state of the person that is being lied too.

See, again, you're talking about a situation that's completely different from the situation myself and these so-called friends of mine have been in. What they've done is lie to me for months for NO good reason.

They basically fit into the "Saving Themselves When They've Done Something Wrong" thing I was talking about before.

And yeah, I do have high morals, but I can't see how anyone can justify lying to someone just to save their own skin.

And I also hate the "I had to lie because" line. What a load of rubbish. You didn't have to do what you knew was wrong to do in the first place, and you didn't have to lie about it either.

No one forces anyone else to lie.

I don't know why they felt they had 2 lie, i feel ur taking about a certain case where as im on about in general.
    I also disagree with you saying you have high morals, i don't think anyone has the rights to place their moral believes over anyones else, we have all done things that go against others moral code.

a lose example. vegetarians could claim they have higher morals from those who eat meat.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 am

Species wrote:I don't know why they felt they had 2 lie, i feel ur taking about a certain case where as im on about in general.
    I also disagree with you saying you have high morals, i don't think anyone has the rights to place their moral believes over anyones else, we have all done things that go against others moral code.

a lose example. vegetarians could claim they have higher morals from those who eat meat.

Oh, absolutely. No one's perfect.

I have to disagree about me not having high morals though. Everyone knows basic moral issues. Everyone knows right from wrong. And if you hold those teachings high in your way of life, then they're obviously, well, high.

If something is against my moral code; I won't do it. And I don't expect others t do it to me either. I don't deserve that kind of poor treatment.

I treat people in a way that I would like to be treated myself.
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 am

it's been nice Debating with you we should do it again, and i hope things work out
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 am

Species wrote:it's been nice Debating with you we should do it again, and i hope things work out

Hehehe!!

I hate debate! >_<

Seriously, I don't like confrontation.
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 am

Kitai wrote:
    Species wrote:it's been nice Debating with you we should do it again, and i hope things work out

Hehehe!!

I hate debate! >_<

Seriously, I don't like confrontation.

debate's are not confrontational if had by grown ups who respect that people all have different view on things. Very Happy

sooo until we debate again * walks out with a over the top evil laugh*
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 am

Species wrote:debate's are not confrontational if had by grown ups who respect that people all have different view on things. Very Happy

True. But I'm not a grown-up!! >_>

I just usually keep away from debates. ^_^'

Species wrote:sooo until we debate again * walks out with a over the top evil laugh*

O_O'

Scarey.
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Post by Nightwolf Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:48 pm

Here's another from me but I didn't really think about it before.

Being accused of something I didn't do. I REALLY hate that. If it's a joke or something that's ok but not real things like when something has done something wrong they place the blame on me.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:34 pm

People who blames others for their own (wrong) actions!!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:31 am

People who ask stupid questions.
    Kifu
    Kifu

Post by Kifu Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:53 am

Kitai wrote:People who ask stupid questions.
    Agreed! Agreed!
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:51 am

People when in a cinema who talk loudly during a movie you've never seen before.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:40 pm

The fact that common sense just isn't common at all these days.
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:09 pm

work
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:26 am

People who ask me for help, but then ignore the answers I give them time and time and time again.

And then they wonder why A) they haven't gotten anywhere with whatever they needed help with, and B) they've actually managed to p*ss me right off (and it takes a hell of alot to p*ss me off).

I'm more than happy to help anyone. But it's bad enough when people ask me stupid questions about something they could easily find the answer to themselves with just a couple of clicks of a mouse and a minimal about of reading. But just what the hell is the point of asking someone something when you're not gonna listen to the answer anyways!?

But why do people asks questions? Because they need answers.

So why the f*ck do they then choose to ignore these answers!?

It makes no f*cking sense!!

And I'm sick of it!!
    Kifu
    Kifu

Post by Kifu Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:35 pm

I just don't answer people, and they think I'm self-centered. I'd rather it be that way. And if I do answer, then I only tell them once, I don't ever repeat myself. I just tell them, "too bad. Ya should have listened the first time, idiot." But yes, I get what you mean. My brother's great at that.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:48 am

Badly Dubbed Adverts
    Species
    Species

Post by Species Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:42 am

Kitai wrote:Badly Dubbed Adverts

I like bad dubbing on my kung fu. don't watch TV so don't see adds
    Twiikz
    Twiikz
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Post by Twiikz Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 pm

i hate bullys Neutral i really really do as i was bullied my whole life because ive had 14 operations and i was in a wheel chair for about 2-3 years.... untill one day when i got out of my wheel chair and was able to walk and smacked the kid that bullied me in the nose and he ran off crying.... i spose getting bullied makes you stronger Smile and now anybody says anything to me i dont care but my friends or family then i go mental....
    Kaos
    Kaos
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

Post by Kaos Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:35 am

I hate bullies 100% but being able to hit someone back doesn't prove you're stronger or better than they are and the whole "I go mental" crap just makes you sound like every other guy who thinks he's "hard".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:00 pm