Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Alien 3

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Alien 3 Empty Alien 3

Post by Fizzie Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Alien 3 Aln301

My second fave in the Alien series.
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Alien 3 Empty Re: Alien 3

Post by Nightwolf Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:38 pm

I enjoyed this because it was a different approach to the alien series because the alien wasn't based on a human. It was based on a dog.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:41 pm

NMD wrote:I enjoyed this because it was a different approach to the alien series because the alien wasn't based on a human. It was based on a dog.

One version has it based on a bull.

I love this one coz I like the feeling it gives you; being trapped with that thing and litterally running for the fecking life!! XD

And I love the way the alien moves!!
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Post by Nightwolf Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Kitai wrote:
    NMD wrote:I enjoyed this because it was a different approach to the alien series because the alien wasn't based on a human. It was based on a dog.

One version has it based on a bull.

I love this one coz I like the feeling it gives you; being trapped with that thing and litterally running for the fecking life!! XD

And I love the way the alien moves!!

The prisoner's being trapped with the alien was a cracking idea. Any prisoners who suffered from claustrophobia had a WHOLE other reason to add to that fear!
    Lolz
    Lolz
    Level: Chibi

Name : Lucy

Post by Lolz Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:16 pm

This is my favourite one.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 am

I loved this one. Not sure which is my favourite, yet. I think I've been too disensitised to the Alien franchise, I've not "jumped" at any partv o.O
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Can alien drones mature into queens? I thought I'd put that question here instead of the other threads, and this'll probably bring up the subject of the super facehugger (which were meant to be part of Alien 3, but can only be seen in the Director's Cut and deleted scenes now) also, and the only thing I've heard about it is something I read from an Alien site (when reading up on the super facehugger):

"From AVP games and movies, an Alien drone (examples include Specimen 6) can still molt into a Queen if cut off from the hive or the current Queen dies so the super facehugger is not a necessary life cycle of a Queen."

But, to be honest, I don't remember it at all. You know how I suck at the games, so I might've missed it from there. But the movies!? Since when!?

Ok, so the Predator in AvP was impregnated by a typical facehuggers, yet it's offspring grew into a Predalien capable of impregnating others. So I guess people have dubbed it a queen, or a drone that matured into a queen. Right? However, because this was the first time Predaliens were used in the films, this could be considered a benefit of the crossbreed. There may be no drones, warriors, or queens. Just a creature capable of producing more, and fighting for itself (coz, let's face it, as scary at the Queen Alien is, she's not that great at mobility).

I actually think it's a shame the superfacehugger was dropped from the theatrical release. I think it looks particularly mean and well designed for it's purpose. I hope they pick the idea back up.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 pm

The drones ability to become a queen is mentioned in xenopedia, but like all wikis I'm not entirely sure how accurate this is due to the fact that it can be edited by anyone. I will try to find a canon source to back it up.

Though it would make sense as far as the continuation of the hive goes, though the job is more likely to fall to the more mature Praetorians... I don't think there were any Praetorians in the films, though o.O
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:20 am

Chojin wrote:The drones ability to become a queen is mentioned in xenopedia, but like all wikis I'm not entirely sure how accurate this is due to the fact that it can be edited by anyone. I will try to find a canon source to back it up.

Though it would make sense as far as the continuation of the hive goes, though the job is more likely to fall to the more mature Praetorians... I don't think there were any Praetorians in the films, though o.O

Yeah, we see them, but not really. Um, what I mean is, in Aliens we see the warriors protecting the queen and her eggs. But in the games, I guess they were redeisgned to look stronger and more intimidating, and are called praetorians, as you mentioned.

I like their game design. It sets them apart a little more. I mean, you could tell in Aliens the difference between the drones and the warriors, but the praetorians look kinda burly. XP

But yeah, back to the drones into queens things, I wouldn't be surprised it if we possible. Some animals change sex in single sex environments, and these things are arguably more determined to survive than your average life form. XD

So it'd make sense they'd have a "back-up". It's been mentioned (though not in the films) that when a queen becomes threatened to the point of recognising her life is in danger, she'll lay an egg containing the superfacehugger (I wish there were a better name for it though - lol). And she can do this without the egg sack that's usually attached to her. And it's also been mentioned (though again, not in film) that this facehugger may be able to impregnate more than one host, allowing it to create a queen, and one (or possibly more) warrior/drone to protect her.

But, failing that, the xenos would need some sort of back-up to ensure their survival.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

Are you sure there were praetorians in the films? I don't remember seeing any xenos with "crowns" other than then queen. I do recall seeing xenos with ridge heads, rather than the sleek domes of "Giger's Alien" and the dog, though.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:40 am

Chojin wrote:Are you sure there were praetorians in the films? I don't remember seeing any xenos with "crowns" other than then queen. I do recall seeing xenos with ridge heads, rather than the sleek domes of "Giger's Alien" and the dog, though.

Like I said, the design was different, but the job was the same.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 am

Some sources say they are different forms with the ridge heads being a stronger form of drone. Most places say that Praetoians only appear in the games. Still, it could very well be differing designs for the same form.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Name : John

Post by Rickettz Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:21 am

Praetorians werent in the movies.... it was artistic flare that had some with textured heads and some that were baby smooth. BUt Praetorians did feature in the older versions of the alien vs predator games (FPS) and were basically between the sizes of drone and queen.... they had the greater hp/armour and pretty much carved it up until some smartass with a smartgun or minigun popped around a corner.

As to these "Super Facehuggers", I put it down to Hasbro or whomever was doing the toys at the time wanting some more dosh.... just like the Bull alien (not to be mistaken for the one in the deleted scenes on Alien 3) but an alien the size of a APC with a sort of hydrolic neck to first ram and then tip over vehicles or other large objects... of course, it may have featured in some of the graphic novels, but nothing really concrete.

And the drone molting into a queen if no other within a certain area is already present.... sure.... these damn xenomorphs are the best adaptive lifeform ever created and to look at their life cycle... why wouldnt it be full circle? take the idea of ants.... same thing applys, if an ant wanders too far and cannot find a trail back to the nest, it will itself become a queen to start anew.... this seems far more plausable than a facehugger with armour and a barbed tail....

(possible drunkenness maybe why this post is so coherant.... cause i barely am sober)
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:39 am

What about Bishop? Was he a synthetic or was he human?

I know what I think...
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:27 am

Chojin wrote:What about Bishop? Was he a synthetic or was he human?

I know what I think...

He was always scripted as being human, until they started on AvP. Then they suddenly decided he was synthetic after all, because they'd f*cked up their own story/time line. -_-;
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:32 am

That's what I thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content