Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Empty E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Post by Fizzie Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:36 am

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Et01

Saw this movie for the first time in ages today and figured I'd make a topic for this classic. Hehe!!

Unfortunatly, it was the 20th Anniversary version. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see E.T. have better facial expressions, and including extra scenes that didn't make it into the original cut, is really cool... but if they're gonna do CG, they need to learn to do it properly!!

The CG E.T. is sooo much cuter than it's animatronic counter-part, but that's part of the problem. They either needed to replace classic E.T. completely with CG, or just leave him alone all-together. There's nothing wrong with the original version anyways.

His CG version is also much lighter and has much brighter eyes too. And it's just rubbish to see him all highly animated and cute in one shot, and then see him back to basic animatronicness in the next shot.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the animatronic version, but when you're forced to compare this classic version with the updated CG version... well, then it does start to look dated.

Anyways, as for the movie itself, I love it!!

But, when I watch this movie and get to the part where all the scientist type people just take over everything. It really fucks me off. f*cking humans. It's no wonder any other life forms from anywhere else out there haven't made their presence known to us.

I just can't stand the way they burst in and lay claim to everything. E.T. was not their posession, but that's how they treated him. Yeah, they were trying to keep him alive, but they weren't treating him with any of the rights they expect to be treated with. They scare the sh*t out of him, and the human family!!

WTF!?

It just really angers me. Probably because it's true-to-life. Hell, if I was an alien life form, I certainly wouldn't let any humans know about it!!

Anyways, it's an awesome film. I just hate scum-bag humans. =p
    Kaos
    Kaos
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

Name : Nick

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial Empty Re: E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Post by Kaos Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:37 am

This film is a classic and should have been left that way. The CGI parts are sh*t. ET didn't and doesn't need any editing unless, as you say, it's done properly and actually betters the experience of the film.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:56 pm