Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Saw

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Saw Empty Saw

Post by Fizzie Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Re-watched this again recently and noticed we didn't have a topic for it already, sooo... here it is!!
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Saw Empty Re: Saw

Post by Nightwolf Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I really like this film. A great horror movie that is perhaps the best one. I've yet to see 5 but it's still cool!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:41 am

I've only seen the first two. I was forced to watch the 2nd one. The first one was clever, well thought out. I liked the way that he never actually killed anyone, nor did he intend for them to die, he was just trying to teach them a lesson.

I reckon there shouldn't have been any more made after this, now they're just flogging a dead horse. I know it still has a large fan base, but there are hundreds upon thousands of people that think that they are over doing it, now. With the rate that the sequels have been coming out (roughly one a year), they are quickly ruining the series and peoples liking of the first one.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 am

Chojin wrote:I've only seen the first two. I was forced to watch the 2nd one. The first one was clever, well thought out. I liked the way that he never actually killed anyone, nor did he intend for them to die, he was just trying to teach them a lesson.

That's how he works in all the films. He wants people to servive, learn their lessons, and appreciate their lives.

Chojin wrote:I reckon there shouldn't have been any more made after this, now they're just flogging a dead horse. I know it still has a large fan base, but there are hundreds upon thousands of people that think that they are over doing it, now. With the rate that the sequels have been coming out (roughly one a year), they are quickly ruining the series and peoples liking of the first one.

Actually there's more people who think the opposite to you. XD

And they bring out one a year due to it being so popular, and because they like to have one out intime for Halloween. Which is awesome, coz we all need a new bit of gore over Halloween! And no one does gore like Saw!! >=D

I think the third is my favourite. It's really, really, clever.

When I heard about the fourth, I was worried coz I wasn't sure how they could pull it off. But they did.

And when I heard about the fifth... well, I was really worried. But it was great!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:18 am

They'll come a cropper soon, you watch. Not not me saying that because I don't like it, it's just inevitable, even if it takes a few years to happen.

If people enjoy watching them, then they won't be stopped, lol. I just know I won't be watching them. At Halloween, I prefer watching something like Hellraiser.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:27 am

Chojin wrote:They'll come a cropper soon, you watch. Not not me saying that because I don't like it, it's just inevitable, even if it takes a few years to happen.

If people enjoy watching them, then they won't be stopped, lol. I just know I won't be watching them. At Halloween, I prefer watching something like Hellraiser.

Nah. Hellraiser doesn't come close to Saw. XD

Hellraiser's over rated. I mean, the movies are okay, but way too over-rated.

All the Saw movies are very cleverly thought about and put together. Each adds something new, whilst still tying in with the previous ones.

I think Saw is better as a horror as it's realistic and believable, not like your typical horror "fantasy" where you pretty much know the events and bad guy are unlikely to ever exist.

I mean, think about, it's quite likely someone like Jigsaw could exist, with the same views, etc. He's moved by motives that you kinda understand, y'know? I mean, I'm saying I condone what he does, but in the end he just wants to make people appreciate life 'n' stuff.

So it's quite possible a real-life "Jigsaw" could emerge. Which is what really makes these movies really give you the creeps - even after they've finished.

Anyways, as much as I love them, I am worried about the sixth. I mean, from experiance, I know I shouldn't be, coz they've always managed to deliver with their sequels so far.

But I'm still worried coz of my experiance with past horror flick sequels. And I don't wanna get to the stage where I find myself saying "it's over... Saw is now dead" I really don't. Coz I love all of them so far.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'd love these to go on forever if they can keep the quality up, but there's a part of me that kinda hopes they quit whilst they're ahead, y'know?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:29 pm