Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Simpsons Movie

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

The Simpsons  Movie Empty The Simpsons Movie

Post by Fizzie Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:09 am

The Simpsons  Movie Simpsonsmovie01

Just wondering what everyone thought of this movie?

I didn't get to see it in the cinema because nobody seemed to want to go see it coz they figured it'd be crap. I have to admit, I wasn't that bothered about it because I didn't know enough about it.

And I'm bored of the whole "Homer Phase" everyone seems to be going through. When The Simpsons first hit our TV screens, it was all about Bart. I mean, not litterally, but he was the big favourite and he was the craze at the time.

But for a long time now it's been Homer. Just Homer. Everything about the show seems to centre around him and how completely stupid he is. I mean, it started-off funny, but now I just want Marge to devorce him and/or for him to die. He's still funny sometimes, don't get me wrong, but I just wanna break his face sometimes.

I was sick and tired of seeing that stupid Spider-Pig clip over and over and over again! And every picture and poster I saw for this movie included that damn pig! I just thought, well, the pig's annoyed me already and I don't wanna sit through an entire film about the damn thing.

Obviously, the movie doesn't completely revolve around the stupid little porker and I eventually saw it on DVD. And I have to say; it was so damn funny!! It's not one of my favourite flicks, but it's better than I thought it was gonna be.

I did notice, however, that there were way too many scenes that were too obviously computer generated. It had that "familiar" feeling because it reminded me of Futurama when that happened. I love Futurama, but it's always had it's own individual feeling and now The Simpsons seem to have stolen that. =/

There were a couple of bits that just didn't need to be there (like the stupid boob-lady), but countering that were some really hilarious scenes. There was one bit in particular that had me crying because I was laughing so much. It was just so random and I wasn't expecting it at all.

My favourite Simpsons have always been Bart and Maggie and they're both great in this movie. Though we never see enough of Maggie.

Lisa's really good in this movie too. I've always liked her, but I love her in this film. It's really nice to see her happy for once. ^_^

So, what are your views on this movie?
    Kaos
    Kaos
    Level: Chibi
    Level: Chibi

Name : Nick

The Simpsons  Movie Empty Re: The Simpsons Movie

Post by Kaos Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:52 am

This was no where near as bad as I thought it would be but my view on The Simpsons in general is that Homer stopped being funny a long time ago and they need to stop centering things around him and his annoying idiocity.
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Post by Nightwolf Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:16 am

I enjoyed this film. It seemed like a extra long episode to me but I still liked it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:15 am