Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ratties

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Ratties Empty Ratties

Post by Fizzie Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:31 am

Just a little topic for me to post updates about the little ratties. ^^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Ratties Empty Re: Ratties

Post by Fizzie Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:31 am

Cold Nights

The poor ratties are having to shift cages every evening as the window in their room is broken. Sad It's never been able to lock shut, but now it's so bad that the wind is blowing it open and freezing out the room. At the moment, it's okay during the day, but during the night they have to go into the temporary cage during the night and sleep in our room.

I hope we can get the window sorted soon, but if not, we might have to think about moving their main cage into our room for a while.

They seem pretty happy either way though. Especially as, when they're in the temp cage in evenings, they're hanging out with us in the living room. And they have the cage doors open so they can come and go as they please. Smile

And the rest of the time, when they're locked inside, it's sleep time anyways. And seeing as these girlies aren't as nocturnal as most rats, they actually sleep through most (if not all) of the night.

Last edited by Kukikoi on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 am

Early Christmas

A little bit of a post for the ratties now! :3

The window in their room has been fixed, so they're now fine to sleep in there again. And they've recently recieved their early Christmas presents:

Space Pods

We got these for them because, whilst it's fine for them to free range on the sofa and the tables, they can't really do that on the living room floor here (due to our housemate, computer cables, and also the fire). So now they have balls to run around in.

It's funny watching them zoom around, and hearing them bump into things. But I'm not the biggest fan of these because a) they're coloured, and b) they're limited.

I can't see them experancing any benefits from them being coloured. Rats don't have the best eyesight as it is (especially pink eyes like Pixie), so limiting their vision even more just baffles me. :/

I also don't like that they're so limited. These "green forcefields" prevent them from playing with eachother properly, and they can't really have the fun of crawling under things and hopping over things.

But, I can see benefits from having them, because having them in balls means they can't get to places they shouldn't be, so it keeps them safe, and thus it means they have the whole of the living room floor to run around on. So, as long as they're enjoying themselves, it's all good. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:28 am