Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Post by Fizzie Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:31 am

This series is awesome!! Very Happy

The plot, according to Wikipedia:

"There exist familiars who have the power to grant one wish to a chosen girl. However, that girl must then become a Puella Magi, a girl with magical powers, and fight against witches, evil creatures born from curses that are responsible for murders and suicides. A schoolgirl named Madoka Kaname and her friend Sayaka Miki are approached by a familiar named Kyubey and Puella Magi named Mami Tomoe with offers of becoming magical girls. Another Puella Magi named Homura Akemi tries to prevent Madoka from making such a deal. Madoka soon learns that there is more to being a Puella Magi than it seems."

Basically, this is a currently ongoing series that I've become hooked on ever since the first episode was shown after hours at Wednesday Anime. There's only 8 episodes so far but, wow, alot can (and does) happen in 8 episodes. o_o Originally, I was gonna blog about this after episode 5 (coz it's a nice number), but I didn't (for some reason). So then I decided to wait until episode 10 (a nice, round number), but... but... I can't!! >_< I just can't!!

Ok then, first things first, lets meet our heroine:

Madoka Kaname

She's so cuuute!! ^-^ She's perfect magical girl material, right? But I do feel sorry for poor Madoka... she's been put through so much already, and she's not even a Puella Magi yet! Sad

Yeah, so far, this seems to be a magical girl series where the title character isn't actually a magical girl. XP

But I literally cannot wait 'til she gets her powers!! X3

Her family:

I can't say how much I'll be blogging about them, because it really depends on their involvement with the series.

Her friends:

I'm sure I'll be blogging alot about these guys. But I'll try and keep spoilers behind LJ-Cuts, k? ^^;

I spent ages on this entry, only to have it disappear on me... -_-; So, I've tried to rewrite what I can, and I've decided to split the entries. It was gonna be one big, long entry behind an LJ-Cut, but this way it won't p*ss me off so much if I lose entries (as there'll be less to lose), and it'll mean less images per post, so it shouldn't kill people's Friends Page. ^^;

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Empty Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Post by Fizzie Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 am

Madoka, our title character. :3 She's so cute, and perfect magical material. I really can't wait for her to become a Puella Magi. But, unfortunatly, that hasn't happened yet. As I said before, so far, this seems to be a magical girl series where the title character isn't actually a magical girl.

But she will, and she'll be awesome!! Very Happy

Or she won't, and we'll all be forced to decide if the series was great for fooling us all and going against the norm, or if it was crap for not letting loose the power of Madoka, and, well, yeah, being a magical girl series where the main character isn't actually a magical girl. ¬_¬ I know where my vote would lie.

Give me Puella Magi Madoka!! D:<

Anyways, let's continue. Poor Madoka has already been put through so much, and the series is only 8 episodes in. Instead of spending most of her time looking cheerful, she's usually left looking worried, sad, or crying.

I think I kinda like that she's not just jumped into becoming a magical girl, but it also feels a little Card Captor Sakura to me (which is probably my most favouritest of favourite series' ever). Our lovely Sakura was pretty much always scared and constantly doubting herself (more so in the beginning, of course). But, I think this is a nice route to go down. It's not all just like; become magical girl = non-stop happy times. The way Sakura came across, and the way Madoka is coming across, is that having magical powers isn't all rainbows and glitter. It's life threatening. Whilst your life if more eventful, and more mystical, you can still die. And you're putting your life at risk everytime you "fight the bad guys".

Being magical is a big responsibility.

That cute little bunny, fox, type thing, is Kyubey. And I'll be making a proper entry about him sometime soonish, but he's basically a familiar, who (as my previous entry already mentioned) can grant wishes in return for services as a Puella Magi (there's more to it than that, but like I said; some other time).

Kyubey's very openly stated (several times) that Madoka has the most potential as a Puella Magi that he's ever seen. She could well become the most powerful, if she was to take him up on his offer. But, for that, she'll need to make a wish, and this is the first thing that stops her. She begins wanting to think of something important, something she'd give her life for. But she just doesn't know what to wish for, and she doesn't want to end-up regretting it.

She ends-up with more holding her back than this though, as she sees what it's really like to be a Puella Magi... that it really is life and death.

Spoiler:

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:54 am

Before I move onto Madoka's friends, here's a quick peek at her family.

This, is Madoka's mum, Junko:

She's hilarious. XD

She puts alot of effort into her outward appearance (make-up, make-up, and more make-up), and seems like abit of a work-a-holic. But she's also very chilled, caring, and enjoys a drink... quite often. :p

This, is Madoka's dad, Tomohisa:

He seems to be a stay-at-home-dad, and thus takes care of all the cooking and cleaning around the house. We haven't really seen that much of him yet, but he seems very nice. ^^

And this, is Madoka's brother, Tatsuya:

He's another character we've not seen much of. He seems a happy child. That's about all we know. o_O

Oh, did I mentioned Junko likes a drink...?

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:05 am

Um, as you can tell, I'm kinda doing these in abit of a random order. ^^; I thought I'd do Hitomi tonight, because I'm kinda tired and I don't think this'll take long. XD

Hitomi, is the one missing from the picture above.

Here she is:

She's Madoka and Sayaka's friend (and classmate). She seems to be quite popular with the boys, and it's a shame we don't really see much of her. I mean, she's come up a few times, but it kinda made me laugh at the beginning when, first it was the three of them (Madoka, Sayaka, and Hitomi), and then they kinda seemed to dump her when they met Kyube and Mami (the blonde in the picture above). So I felt kinda sorry for her.

She didn't seem effected though. Well, apart from wondering if Madoka and Sayaka were in a relationship together, but I kinda took that as a joke. :p

Spoiler:

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 am

So, moving on to Sayaka. She's Madoka's friend, and classmate, and she's with Madoka when they first encounter Kyubey and the other Puella Magi (well, near enough; Madoka wanders off after hearing Kyubey call out for her help, and Sayaka follows her).

It's shown kinda early on that she has a crush on a boy named Kyosuke. A boy who's been in hospital ever since an accident which damaged his body and, most importantly to him, robbed him of his ability to play the violin. Sakaya visits him pretty much everyday, and it's not long before she starts thinking about the wish and contract that Kyubey has offered.

But Mami warns her to be sure of the wish she makes; to do it for the right reasons, and to make sure it won't be something she'll regret in time. So Sayaka thinks upon it for a while. But after seeing Kyosuke in so much emotional pain one day, her mind is made up.

She makes her wish, forms a contract with Kyubey, and becomes a Puella Magi.

And she's pretty kickass. :3

But, as you may have already wondered or feared, things don't stay that simple for long. But I'll stick the rest under a cut because it's all full of spoilers if you haven't seen the most recent episodes. ^^;

Spoiler:

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 am

Ok, one of my favourite characters; Kyoko!! Very Happy Hehe!!

She's another Puella Magi we meet a little further in, who comes along as asked by Kyubey to take over the area. But, finding Sayaka already has, she sets out to fight her and claim the area her own.

Though things start-off on a bad footing, things soon settle between herself and the others.

She's totally kick ass, and definatly on my cosplay to do list (as is Madoka)! >Very Happy Her weapon is a spear, which can split into sections, and produce a ball and chain.

Her wish, also contracted under Kyubey, was that people tried to understand her father, who was a preacher. When her father found out, he was angry that people were only listening to him under the influence of magic, and not because they truely interested. He went a little batshit crazy and killed the rest of the family. Kyoko's wish, that she'd meant to be a help, had ended-up costing her dearly.

On a lighter note, she's into DRR and Pocky (well, most food, it seems). Also, DDR, in this anime, stands for Dog Drug Re-Enforcement. XD It's still a dancing game, but I lol'd at the name. And Pocky is labelled as Rocky. XD

Annnd it's time for that spoiler hider again!

Spoiler:

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 am

Meant to post this at the same time I posted it in my Live Journal, but I kinda forgot. ^^;

Ok, I'm gonna get this done now because I need a Magica fix, but I'm not allowed to watch the episode until tonight, and I'm banning myself from seeking out spoilers. So, let's finally move on to Horuma.

She first appears in Madoka's dream in episode 1, and, on the same day, transfers into her school. At first, she comes across as the bad guy, but as we learn more about what it truely means to be a Puella Magi, we understand her more. Though she usually still comes across very cold and almost emotionless.

Homura's extremly strong, and her talent seems to be the ability to stop time. Her weapon seems to be a shield, which plops out different items whenever she needs them.

She seems very concerned about Madoka and her fate, and seems to be doing everything she can to prevent her from becoming a Puella Magi. Recently, she had a little breakdown when Madoka thought of herself as worthless.

I really don't know what to say about her that isn't mostly speculation, so I guess it's already time for the cut. ^^;

Spoiler:

Anyways, I'm really hoping we find out more about her in the next few episodes. =)

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 am

So we've been watching Puella Mago Madoka Magica at BAMF, and this week we'll be seeing the final episodes. I guess there are still some people who haven't seen the whole of Puella Mago Madoka Magica, so I'll place this under a cut to avoid spoiling it;
    Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 am