Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Portal 2

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Portal 2 Empty Portal 2

Post by Fizzie Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:18 am

Portal 2 Portal2300

Quoted from Wikipedia:

"Portal 2 is a first-person puzzle-platform video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. The sequel to the 2007 video game Portal, it was announced on March 5, 2010, following a week-long alternate reality game based on new patches to the original game. Though initially slated for release in the fourth quarter of 2010, the game was postponed to the week of April 18, 2011. The game was released by Valve through Steam for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X, while the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and retail Windows/OS X versions of the game are distributed by Electronic Arts. The game's release on Steam was preceded by a second multi-week alternate reality game, the Potato Sack, involving 13 independently-developed titles which culminated in a distributed computing spoof to release Portal 2 several hours early.

Like Portal, Portal 2 primarily comprises a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using the "portal gun", a device that can create inter-spatial portals between two flat planes. The game's unique physics allow momentum to be retained through these portals, and requires the creative use of portals to maneuver through the game's challenges. Most gameplay elements of the original Portal were retained in the sequel, but many elements were added to Portal 2, including tractor beams, laser redirection, and paint-like gels that impart special properties to objects they cover. These gels were created by the team from the Independent Games Festival-winning DigiPen student project Tag: The Power of Paint.

Within the single player campaign, the player returns as the human Chell, having awakened from stasis after many years. Chell must navigate the now-dilapidated Aperture Science Enrichment Center and its test chambers with the portal gun while the facility is rebuilt by the reactivated GLaDOS, an artificially-intelligent computer that first appeared in Portal. The game has a larger storyline than Portal; Valve introduced additional characters, including Wheatley, a robotic personality sphere voiced by Stephen Merchant, and recordings of Aperture Science CEO Cave Johnson, voiced by J.K. Simmons. Ellen McLain reprised the role of GLaDOS. Music from Jonathan Coulton and The National appears in the game. Portal 2 also includes a two-player co-operative mode, in which the robotic player-characters Atlas and P-Body are each given a portal gun and are required to work together to solve test chambers specifically designed for co-operation.

Though many reviewers were concerned about the difficulty of expanding Portal into a full sequel, critics universally praised Portal 2. The game's writing, pacing, and black humor were highlighted as stand-out elements, with critics applauding the voice work of McLain, Merchant, and Simmons. Reviews also highlighted the new gameplay elements, the game's challenging but surmountable learning curve, and the additional co-operative mode."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Portal 2 Empty Re: Portal 2

Post by Fizzie Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:24 am

Despite not actually playing through them myself yet, I actually love these games. I've watched Kaze play through them both and they're awesome.

I've been playing co-op with him in this one, but I get bored real quick. I think it's probably because I don't feel like I'm really doing anything other than following whatever Kaze tells me. He knows the game alot better than me, and eventhough I know what I'm meant to be doing, I just get so disorientated and don't have time to figure out what to do before he does.

Guess I'll just have to play through them on my own to get better. =p

Oh, the only bad thing about this game is Wheatley. I can't f@cking stand him. Seriously. I can't tell you how much I hate him, and Valve's decision to put him in the game. D=<
    OokamiSephona
    OokamiSephona
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Name : Sho

Post by OokamiSephona Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:14 am

I would have to disagree i like Wheatley in the game although he was annoying at times.

I myself haven't had chance to play on the Co-op but i have watched someone else and it`s very disorientating when one person seems to know what to do and the other is just stood there wondering what on earth to do.

You should really give it a go i would recommend it to anyone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:00 am