Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Empty My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Post by Fizzie Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:59 am

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Mlpfim3

Because this topic is long over-due. ;p
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Post by Fizzie Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:06 am

So it seems Derpy has been modified in the later releases of the DVDs.

Personally, I love her new voice. I thought her old one made her sound like a boy. It didn't suit her at all, and I think, due to the "stoopid" tone it had, I honestly believe it's what started this whole sh*t storm in the first place - not the name.

Her eyes haven't been uncrossed, but they're less obvious now. I don't see why they've changed them at all. They were fine.

As for the whole name change itself, or lack of, whatever... I've already got sh*t for my views, and I'll probably get more, but I don't think it was necessary. They could've called her "AwesomeSauce" and people could've twisted it to mean something else. Words can mean anything if you put the right/wrong tone to them.

In truth, I've always wanted her name to be Ditzy or Bubbles. But I don't see what was wrong with leaving this ditzy pony as she was. Instead of teaching children that things should look and sound "normal", why not teach them to accept those who are different, and teach that name calling is wrong?

Is this any better than the beauty magazines and companies trying to brainwash all the little girls into thinking that size 0 is how we're all "supposed" to be?

And the fact remains that you'll never please anyone anyway. Not to mention that anything can be taken offensively. Sensitive issues being broadcast on tv have always been met with controversy. But does this mean we should never show these things? Always have plain, boring, "safe" storylines? Are we all just meant to ignore these things and pretend they never happen? No. Far from it. We should be doing what we can to create awareness to those issues, and teach what is and isn't acceptable regarding them.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:06 pm