Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Final Fantasy

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Final Fantasy - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy

Post by Fizzie Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:20 am

Update:

On disc 2 now, with about 9 and a half hours of game play so far.

Also, something I keep forgetting to mention: Limit Breaks. Non-existant. Yep. Just another thing that makes Final Fantasy a Final Fantasy, that they've taken away.

Slight character spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Eidolon spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Kazenone
    Kazenone
    Level: Newbie

Name : Tom

Post by Kazenone Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

Well i know i cant say anything about FF13, because i will get killed for spoilers (Aside from the fact that it took until chapter 11 for side-quests to emerge, one of which unlocks chocobos! Very Happy), so i'll say this instead...

Despite all the support behind FF7, i need to throw in my hat and say 6 was the best game in the series, all due to one character; Kefka. Not only was he the first FF Villain to go after that big ol' title of Godhood, he actually pulled it off. For over a year. He also is again a rarity that, unlike most FF villains who start off all-powerful and stay at their peak, he grows in power over the game. He starts off by attacking someone with a morning star, then later he uses some magics which, at that point in the game, are pretty powerful but nothing compared to all the magics available in the game, and by the end he is literally the God of Magic, having access to magic which is almost 50% stronger than the strongest magic available to the player.

Also, he really is sociopathic... i'm sure after 14 years its safe to spoil the plot a little, but just in case, have some spoiler tags!
    Spoiler:

As a final note, if you have never read it, i highly recommend reading "Final Fantasy VI: The Epic". It is a retelling of the entire story of FF6, in a huge poem Smile
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:02 pm

kazenone wrote:Well i know i cant say anything about FF13, because i will get killed for spoilers (Aside from the fact that it took until chapter 11 for side-quests to emerge, one of which unlocks chocobos! Very Happy), so i'll say this instead...

You can always use spoiler tags. =p

I can't believe I have to wait 'til Chapter 11 to play with chocobos!!

And where are the moogles!?

I'm only just on Chapter 7 now, but I'll be here for a while... grinding. XD
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Kia wrote:You can always use spoiler tags. =p

I always press the button to spoilerfy, then get annoyed, and there are BIG revelations. NB:
    Spoiler:

Actually you get to meet the chocobos in Chapter 8 in Nautilus with Sazh and Vanille Very Happy Theres a big theme park with a whole petting zoo full of them ^^. And the worst chocobo remix i have *ever* heard, especially compared to it's Pulse counterpart.

And i havent seen any moogles yet, dare i say... they may not be there :O *checks wikia* Hmm... apparently they only make a small cameo as a logo on the shop "Moogleworks!" D:
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:26 pm

kazenone wrote:
    Kia wrote:You can always use spoiler tags. =p

I always press the button to spoilerfy, then get annoyed, and there are BIG revelations. NB:
    Spoiler:

I hate you... XP

kazenone wrote:

Actually you get to meet the chocobos in Chapter 8 in Nautilus with Sazh and Vanille Very Happy Theres a big theme park with a whole petting zoo full of them ^^. And the worst chocobo remix i have *ever* heard, especially compared to it's Pulse counterpart.

A zoo!? A CHOCOBO ZOO!? *squeespazzattack* OMGOMGOMG!! Can we go? Canwecanwecanwe?? *tugs*

kazenone wrote:And i havent seen any moogles yet, dare i say... they may not be there :O *checks wikia* Hmm... apparently they only make a small cameo as a logo on the shop "Moogleworks!" D:

Well that sucks... it seems Square are slowly but surely filtering out all the little (but key) elements that make a Final Fantasy what it is... =(
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Kia wrote:
    kazenone wrote:

A zoo!? A CHOCOBO ZOO!? *squeespazzattack* OMGOMGOMG!! Can we go? Canwecanwecanwe?? *tugs*

Hehe, its funsies, but the music was driving me nuts xD Also, sazh's chocobo chick was very happy Very Happy

Kia wrote:
    kazenone wrote:And i havent seen any moogles yet, dare i say... they may not be there :O *checks wikia* Hmm... apparently they only make a small cameo as a logo on the shop "Moogleworks!" D:

Well that sucks... it seems Square are slowly but surely filtering out all the little (but key) elements that make a Final Fantasy what it is... =(

Sad times... soon it'll just be a game of silent emo characters fighting a god that may or may not even exist, and lamenting over the nature of existance... might make a good movie, but the only way they could make it a game is quick time events every 3 seconds... "Press A to debate on the existance of a soul!!!"
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:19 am

kazenone wrote:Sad times... soon it'll just be a game of silent emo characters fighting a god that may or may not even exist, and lamenting over the nature of existance... might make a good movie, but the only way they could make it a game is quick time events every 3 seconds... "Press A to debate on the existance of a soul!!!"

LMFAO!! XDDD

Also...

Update (because I realize I haven't done one in a while):

I'm on Chapter 7, with about 20 hours of gameplay so far. Not much grinding has been done yet, but it will be. XD

Lightning's alot more likeable now. She's awesome!! Though she did confuse me when her personality seemed to switch when Hope was all up for fighting and she was more hesitant. And she seemed to have this semi-mini-breakdown at one point too. XD

Hope is... still Hope. He's not as whiney or emo, but his sudden switch in character is a little unbelievable. I mean, good for him trying to become stronger and stuff, but he doesn't seem too convincing. Or maybe it's just me. XD

His only use seems to be as backup. And even then he's only good as a Ravager, as he's a kinda crappy Medic. Vanille is better than him in every way. XD

Speaking of Vanille, her storyline is so obvious now. I've already had an "I knew it!" moment... more now plz!! =p

I now have Snow and Hope on my team (seeing as Lightning buggered off, and Fang is apparently with us but just not part of the team for some reason). Snow has the Sentinel ability... which I rarely use. It's just boring. XD

But he's good as Commando, and pretty good as Ravager too. I'm just sick of being stuck with Hope all the time.

Gonna grind alot now to raise Gil and upgrade weapons too.
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 am

Kia wrote:Lightning's alot more likeable now. She's awesome!! Though she did confuse me when her personality seemed to switch when Hope was all up for fighting and she was more hesitant. And she seemed to have this semi-mini-breakdown at one point too. XD

I think her breakdown was because she tried to give hope a reason to keep on living, at which point he decided
    Spoiler:
    and thats almost as bad as stealing 40 cakes...

Kia wrote:His only use seems to be as backup. And even then he's only good as a Ravager, as he's a kinda crappy Medic. Vanille is better than him in every way. XD
    He actually has a permanent place on my squad now, just because he gets all the best spells a few levels before anybody else Very Happy. He might be a rubbish medic, but he kicks ass as a ravager, same as vanille gets access to things like curaga and raise before everybody else ^^.

Kia wrote:Speaking of Vanille, her storyline is so obvious now. I've already had an "I knew it!" moment... more now plz!! =p
    Yeah, theres a reason they left her revelations until last.... just wait until you hear what her focus was in the past though Very Happy
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 am

LMAO!! XD I've just gone through having Fang And Lightning, and I'm back to Snow and Hope now. Hope's giving me giggles - he sooo looks like he's about ready to snap and just stab Snow in the face!! XD

And I'm now running around a town with the urge to yell "Basch lives!!". XD
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Kia wrote:Hope's giving me giggles - he sooo looks like he's about ready to snap and just stab Snow in the face!! XD

I love how much snow keeps unintentionally provoking him in conversation, or even just grinning like an idiot xD
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 pm

kazenone wrote:I love how much snow keeps unintentionally provoking him in conversation, or even just grinning like an idiot xD

I actually love Snow's smiles. Like, you can see just how far the graphics/animation has come in something as simple as a range of smiles. He has his own that suits his personality and moods perfectly. Of course, they all have looks that do the same (ignoring Dajh's creepiness), like the look of hate you can clearlty see in Hope. It not just a generic angry face - you can actually feel every inch of hatred he has for that man.

But I love smiles, so I guess I've noticed it more. XD And I love when he grins after saying something he's obvious not totally convinced by himself. He's such an idiot. XD

Oo, and I found a nice place for grinding. In Palumpolum, with all the guards flying around. There's a spot I found where I only have a walk a few steps, and they respawn and come and get me. XD

But as were meant to be meeting up with Lightning and Fang, I'm not if I should just skip the grind 'til I have more of a party.
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am

Kia wrote:But as were meant to be meeting up with Lightning and Fang, I'm not sure if I should just skip the grind 'til I have more of a party.

You wont get a full party for a while now, and you still get CP for them even when they arent around... as you probably already noticed Razz But yeah, the next time you get a party of 3 is pretty much the end of the chapter.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 am

kazenone wrote:You wont get a full party for a while now, and you still get CP for them even when they arent around... as you probably already noticed Razz But yeah, the next time you get a party of 3 is pretty much the end of the chapter.

Yeah, I had noticed - and was pleased. XD

Ah well, I guess I'll grind as Snow and Hope for awhile then. I need CP for Fang anyways (everyone else is maxed out with plenety spare - lol).
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:04 am

Kia wrote:
    kazenone wrote:You wont get a full party for a while now, and you still get CP for them even when they arent around... as you probably already noticed Razz But yeah, the next time you get a party of 3 is pretty much the end of the chapter.

Yeah, I had noticed - and was pleased. XD

Ah well, I guess I'll grind as Snow and Hope for awhile then. I need CP for Fang anyways (everyone else is maxed out with plenety spare - lol).

Yeah, i felt cheated when they didnt give me the same amount of CP as i'd earned with everybody else >_>
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:12 pm

kazenone wrote:Yeah, i felt cheated when they didnt give me the same amount of CP as i'd earned with everybody else >_>

Same!!

Oh god no... I had a feeling... but now it's even more obvious about the ending for Snow, Serah and Hope... but I hope I'm wrong and this isn't as stupidly predictable as it seems to be. XD

Also (I know you already know about this, Kaze - lol), I reached a nice place to grindgrindgrind lastnight, and kicking ass never felt so good in this game!!

Seriously, I'm having so much running around with a three man team (Light, Fang, and Hope) just beating the crap outta these soldiers again and again. So glad to be back in control of Light as well. =D

Hope's actually a nice little bit of back-up in a three-man team. He's coming in quite useful now. I dunno if he'll have a permanant place on my team (whenever I get to actually pick a team for myself), but we'll see. Oh, he's alot more likeable now he's outta his emo/rage modes.

Snow, as much as I love him character-wise, is probably my least favourite battle-wise at the moment. I'm not entirely sure why. I thought it was because, to me, he only has one use; Commando (because I don't need Sentinel, and I forget what else he has but I don't need that either right now). And all the other characters have at least two useful battle modes to me (Light has three - yay).

But, Fang's the same. But I kinda like using her more right now. Maybe because she seems faster than Snow? Or maybe because I prefer her weapon? I dunno. XD

So far I've maxed all my currently used weapons, and I'm working on maxing the accessories (only the HP+ one right now) for each character. And hopefully, unless I get bored first, I wanna try build up enough Gil for the weapon catalysts, so I can buy them when they become avalible.
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Kia wrote:Hope's actually a nice little bit of back-up in a three-man team. He's coming in quite useful now. I dunno if he'll have a permanant place on my team (whenever I get to actually pick a team for myself), but we'll see. Oh, he's alot more likeable now he's outta his emo/rage modes.

I tolded you! Very Happy He's on my team a lot at the moment now i can choose who to have (Only comes in at chapter 11+), although he's not in my current setup because i was fighting not one, but two behemoth kings (Random encounter, not a boss, but i just wouldnt quit until i killed them xD) and snow is very useful for that

Kia wrote:Snow, as much as I love him character-wise, is probably my least favourite battle-wise at the moment. I'm not entirely sure why. I thought it was because, to me, he only has one use; Commando (because I don't need Sentinel, and I forget what else he has but I don't need that either right now).

Yeah... enjoy that feeling, it wont last long, you're going to want to have a sentinel for some of these enemies wandering the map with hp just shy of 1M...

Kia wrote:So far I've maxed all my currently used weapons, and I'm working on maxing the accessories (only the HP+ one right now) for each character. And hopefully, unless I get bored first, I wanna try build up enough Gil for the weapon catalysts, so I can buy them when they become avalible.

I never started maxing out my accessories until i found out about the collector's/connoisseur catalog (speaking of which, i now have a Connoisseur catalog at rank * ^_^. Also, i finally started making money, after my chocobo dug up a golden nugget, which was worth about 3xp for upgrading weapons, but 60k to sell @_@. Speaking of which, CHOCOBO! <3. Had to complete mission 14 to get them (and mission 12 to get access to the area), but oh SO worth it Very Happy. There is an annoying thing that happens though of you cant find something anywhere for ages, then you find it once, and suddenly theyre everywhere. The last time that happened, it was cactaurs... theyre tiny, and to fight them i pretty much have to have a full-time sentinel and medic just to keep alive whilst i go commando on their 777,777hp asses... not helped by the fact that their evasion is significant too...

Its nice being able to grind properly now though. Theres a point ive found (which handily is hard to miss, because my next objective is on the other side, and has been ever since i landed on Gran Pulse), where a Behemoth and a huge dog thing are fighting, just after a savepoint/shop/upgrade centre. Killing them nets you 6800CP per battle, and sometimes some very nice drops (especially with Connoisseur's catalog!). Thing is, theyre both already fighting, and down to half health, and they dont even notice you until the other is dead... so as long as you dont make the fatal mistake of leaving the behemoth until last, you can get some cash and 6800CP every couple of minutes Smile

---Edit---

Also, wow, long post is looooooong o_o
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Doing more grind this morning. Gonna move on later today though, me thinks (after I've been into town and stuffs). Can't wait to get to Chapter 11 though.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:04 am

OMGOMGOMG!! CHOCOBO~!! X3

And the little sheep things are baaing at me!! X3

Awww!! Baby chocobo was hiding in the sheeps!! X3

Awwwww!! He's wish the other chocobos! X3

And they wark!! *wark* X3

Awwwww!! Chocobo luff!! Eee!! X3
    Kazenone
    Kazenone

Post by Kazenone Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Kia wrote:OMGOMGOMG!! CHOCOBO~!! X3

And the little sheep things are baaing at me!! X3

Awww!! Baby chocobo was hiding in the sheeps!! X3

Awwwww!! He's wish the other chocobos! X3

And they wark!! *wark* X3

Awwwww!! Chocobo luff!! Eee!! X3

Ahhh, youre on the Nautilus bit! I thought you were on chapter 11 with the chocobos, i was going to say "I ONLY JUST GOT THERE! O_O". Hehe. Also, if you move on from here, you dont see chocobos and sheep for a long while, so feel free to grind your squee-ness level in this bit Very Happy
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:27 pm

I actually love Cocoon de Chocobo music, but I kinda wish it didn't have lyrics. Although, I can stand the Japanese version more. ^^;

But I hope I can find an instrumental version of this somewhere... it's so funky!! XP
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:46 am

I'll be starting a playthrough of FFX, X-2 and XII, in the next couple of days.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:45 am

Chojin wrote:I'll be starting a playthrough of FFX, X-2 and XII, in the next couple of days.

Oo, that'll be fun!! =D

I'm just waiting for XIV to be released!! It's awesome!!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:16 am

I haven't even got XIII yet o.O
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 am

Can't believe I had so much trouble defeating Cid Raines on FFXIII. I've been in fights with him which have ended up with him using Doom on me after 30 minutes. I just 5-starred him in 2 minutes 39 seconds and I only levelled up a bit.

On a different note; where's a good place to CP farm in Chapter 11? I'm at the big open area, that kinda reminds me of the Calm Lands of FFX, after you get...
    Spoiler:

Found a good place to grind. Got a good 700K CP before I decided to chase down the C'ieth stones and marks.

Also, I've decided I'm going to start my complete FF playthrough with the FF games on NES and SNES.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:13 am

Wow, I've said I'm going to start so many playthroughs, and I only managed to start FFX again... I really need to get that sorted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:53 pm