Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Thorpe Park Trip 2009

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Thorpe Park Trip 2009 Empty Thorpe Park Trip 2009

Post by Fizzie Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Right, I've spoken to a bunch of people about a day out at Thorpe Park sometime in the Spring/Summer. And as I'm all excited (all over again) over the new Saw: The Ride that'll be opening-up this year, I realized I should probably make a topic about the up-coming adventure to the theme park. =p

Now, let's not have a repeat of the Christmas Shopping Trip topic where people just post to say they're in but don't bother to read any information or bother to reply to any questions.

The obvious question is: who's in?

But I'd also like to know who's out, so that I know everyone's actually read the topic and not just missed it.

Next; please suggest dates. I know this'll probably come into play closer to the time, but even suggesting a couple of months would help right now. People need to know in advance incase they need the day off work or something.

I'd like to suggest we make it a week day during school term time so that all the kids are at school, and most other people are at work. This'll make for less screaming brats, less moanie grown-up, less dickhead chavs, less queue times, and much more fun times!! =D

Okay, um... does anybody actually know how to get there? I've never gone there by train before, and the instructions on the website aren't exactly helping me very much.
    Nightwolf
    Nightwolf

Name : Nick

Thorpe Park Trip 2009 Empty Re: Thorpe Park Trip 2009

Post by Nightwolf Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm in. I love Thorpe Park. I know how to get there.

You can get a train from Waterloo East train station to Staines and then a bus goes from the train station direct to the park and back again.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Joka wrote:I'm in. I love Thorpe Park. I know how to get there.

You can get a train from Waterloo East train station to Staines and then a bus goes from the train station direct to the park and back again.

Awesome!!

I know a few people not on the board who wanna go, so that'll be cool.

I've been checking out pix and vids for Saw: The Ride, and I'll try remember to update in the Theme Parks topic.
    Species
    Species
    Level: Rookie
    Level: Rookie

Post by Species Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:23 pm

going on a week day is going to be harder than you think as you stated that most people work in the week. so advance warning will be needed so that a day can be booked off. also take in2 count that people can not read the post and reply all the time. im down for going but need warning time so to book the day off if it's a weekday. if its a weekend i can say yes right now.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Species wrote:going on a week day is going to be harder than you think as you stated that most people work in the week. so advance warning will be needed so that a day can be booked off. also take in2 count that people can not read the post and reply all the time. im down for going but need warning time so to book the day off if it's a weekday. if its a weekend i can say yes right now.

Yeah, like I said, some people will need to know advance.

And I know people can't always reply right away, I wasn't demanding people log on and reply now now now. Just that it felt like people were ignoring half the things I said/asked in the Christmas Shopping topic.

And I had people asking when the meet was, etc, when they would've known if they'd bothered to read the topic properly. Which is why they couldn't come in the end coz they'd not bothered to check or reply to the topic.

Like, I also want some feed back on dates (a little closer to the time coz it won't be 'til March anyways) so that we're all agreed on it and stuff, instead of me just saying "right, it's on this date and if you can't make it that's tough", y'know?

I think once we're closer to the time we can sort which dates would be easier for people considering which dates are busier at the park, booking time-off, money situations, etc.

Just would like a little more feedback from people this time. ^^;
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:29 am

Must... go... now!!

I'm so hyped!!

I wanna go nooowww!!
    Arcadian Knight
    Arcadian Knight
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Post by Arcadian Knight Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:31 am

Calm down deary XD

I wouldn't mind going to this, will need a bit of forewarning so I can gather money for this venture.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:34 am

Arcadian Knight wrote:Calm down deary XD

I wouldn't mind going to this, will need a bit of forewarning so I can gather money for this venture.

Wooooo!! Yeah!!

I can't wait!!

Oh, and (before I forget again), I was asked by someone (can't remember who now) if they can bring a friend; the answer is, of course, yes!!

Bring as many people as you like!! The more the merrier!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:01 pm