Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Sonic Generations

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Sonic Generations Empty Sonic Generations

Post by Fizzie Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:55 am

So I've just played the new Sonic Generations demo on Xbox 360, and I have to admit... I was impressed. I didn't expect to be. Especially by the half that I was.

First of all, when I think "Classic Sonic", I think 2D. And I'm happy with that Sonic. But that's not what we're getting here. When they say "Classic Sonic", what they mean is; it looks like him, but we've made him 3D. I guess, when I think about it, that that's fair enough, right? I mean, how else was I expecting them to work with his classic design? I'll tell you how later...

Now, having a go at this demo, you'll get one level to choose from: Green Hill Zone!! I know, right? *fangasim* But! Hold it right there, Hedgehog Fans. You get to choose two ways in which to play this iconic level; as Classic Sonic, or Modern Sonic.

Of course, I chose Classic Sonic first, and, despite wishing it was 2D and truely "classic", I was impressed by how similar the level layout was to the original... until you hit this point where you make a very 3D turn. For those of you that remember Green HIll Zone, it's right around the double tube, when you fly up to the floating ring pyramid. After that, it's Green Hill Zone no more. It's just another level with the same colour scheme. Like I said, if they're gonna do classic; they need to do it properly. The controls also feel too "loose". Like he moves way too much even if you hardly touch anything.

Also, what I meant about how else they could've handled Classic Sonic? Easy. Keep him, and his levels, 2D. No, really. I think Sega have missed a trick here. I'd have Classic Sonic play through the newer Sonic levels, but made into 2D versions. And have Modern Sonic play through 3D versions of the older (previously 2D) levels.

Sega!! If you're listening/reading: This is my idea, and I'd be more than happy to sell it to you (I'd actually love to see a game like this made). =3

Annnyways...

Playing through as Modern Sonic, and the level was nothing like the original. The gameplay, however, was amazing! I really didn't expect to be impressed with this half of the game. The camera actually works, as do the attacks/actions, and you just feel like you have much more control over this Sonic. It also changes view from the "modern" view of behind Sonic, to the "classic" view of beside Sonic. And it does so in a very smooth and effective way. Again though, as this supposed to be Green Hill Zone, I think it should've been. I'd love to see what the real level feels like playing it through this different perspective.

I'd much rather they just used everything on the Modern Sonic side of the game to make a decent new Sonic game all together. And I can only hope the rest of the levels work as well in terms of gameplay. Like I said; I didn't expect to be impressed with this side of the game. At all. Whilst I did enjoy Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, the newer Sonic games have just been getting worse and worse. But this experience makes me hopeful that Sonic games of the future may actually work their way into my heart. =3

Will I be buying this game? Hell yeah!! Will I be buying it at the full launch price? Hell no!! I refuse to pay full price for this game when it feels like I'll only really enjoy playing through one half of it. So it can wait 'til it goes down in price, or I find it in the pre-owned section.

If you haven't played this demo yet; do it! Because, as always, this is just my own personal opinion. Have a go yourself and make up your own mind. =)
    TheSensei
    TheSensei
    Level: Chibi

Name : Joey Studley

Sonic Generations Empty Re: Sonic Generations

Post by TheSensei Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:04 am

I recently completed this game i love it the whole mix of 2d to 3d sonic makes it epic ^^
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:24 am

TheSensei wrote:I recently completed this game i love it the whole mix of 2d to 3d sonic makes it epic ^^

I still need to buy this game. Meant to get it in the sale while it was £20, but it's gone up to £30 now, so I guess I'll just have to wait. Especially now I'm jobless. ^^;
    TheSensei
    TheSensei

Name : Joey Studley

Post by TheSensei Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 am

If you ever wanna borrow any games let me know ^^ i am sure you will take great care of them Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:40 pm