Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Air Gear: Chain

Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Air Gear: Chain - Page 2 Empty Re: Air Gear: Chain

Post by Chojin Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:07 am

After dismounting the wall ahead of the stationary riders. He approached the fallen riders. He made a quick assessment as he sped by, he could not see their condition too well but the blood around them wasn't a good sign. He didn't want to imagine what went on, nor the rider responsible. He headed for an alley at the side of the first hurdle. The alley was wider than most. He smile to himself and decided to have a bit of fun. He Rode up one wall before pushing off, and up, towards the other wall. This allowed him to climb higher than before. He repeated the process several times, until he was at the top of the lower 3-story building. From here it was pretty much a straight run to the finish, provided he stayed topside.

After a invigourating run across the rooftops, Keitaro could see the finish. He expected to see the winning rider, but he was nowhere in sight. Instead, he was shocked to see two familiar riders. The first was unmissable; the rider in yellow. He laughed inwardly as he remembered thinking that the rider looked like a bolt of lightnening when they descended from the rooftop across from him at the start. The second rider was one that Keitaro had a very close encounter with. That is to say tehy almost collided. Keitaro stopped himself dead and wondered where everyone else was. There was only a few riders following him, but they were some distance behind. He got himself closer to the other two and sat himself down on the edge of a building. The two riders had not noticed him yet, but that would soon change when the others began catching up
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:21 am

Akiko usually makes a point of sticking to the shadows at night, but she had always been drawn towards The Fang Road, and she'd seen The Fox ride many times before, and his battles almost always ended way too quickly. And though his reasoning seemed sound to her, she still couldn't help but feel robbed of her entertainment. Akiko bores easily as it is, but Battles that end too quickly are more than boring. There's just no fun in it. Though at the same time, Battles that drag out too long are equally as boring.

As The Fox rides off, Okusa appears from the shadows himself.

"It seems my add-ons have improved his speed ten-fold" He comments. "Are you sure you don't want me to tune up your ATs, I would happily do it for free for you, Miss Yanjimara."

Akiko being Akiko, only relies on herself, and acts as her own Tuner. So it was an offer she had to refuse. She's determind to be all that she can be due to her own skill and determination.

"Sorry, Okusa." She replies, shaking her head. "But I can take care of myself."
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu
    Level: Chibi

Name : James Payne

Post by Jeimuzu Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 am

Okusa's ears twitched, "Then perhaps our audience member from the sky would consider a tune-up?"
    He noticed the newbie was here, he was counting on that. The thing with Riders with potential...they always get themselves into trouble.
    Akiko looked confused, until Okusa pointed his finger to the newbie...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am

Keitaro sat and watched the approaching riders. They were still some distance away, but approaching fast. He turned back round to see the two familiar riders looking up at him. The one he almost collided with was pointing at him. He looked behind him to see if anyone was standing there, but there was no one. He turned back round and pointed to himself. The one that was pointing nodded. Keitaro sighed as he swung himself into a position to wall ride his way to the ground. Upon reaching the ground he quickly made his way over to the two riders.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am

Okusa looked at the newbie, and then finally said, "I have to say...I was more impressed with your run than your wall ride. I'm a little disappointed."
    He looked to his colleague, "So, Miss Yanjimara. What do you make of this little bird out of the nest?".
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Akiko pauses for a moment, studying the newbie before them. He hood flutters a little as the breeze catches it, revealing the bangs of her dark pink hair, and her amber yellow eyes seem to sparkle in the moonlight.

"I think he could use some help with his Tuning." She comments as her focus lands on his Air Treks.

Okusa extends his arm towards the newbie, and gives a smile to Akiko, as if to say "care to give it a shot?". But she stares at him.

"Not a chance." She replies, before slowly making her way past the newbie and towards another building.

"If you know I'm better than you then why don't you let me help you?" Okusa calls, half teasing.

"If you are better than me..." She replies, looking over her shoulder. "...then it just means I have to try harder." She smiles. "Later!!"

And with that, she makes her way up another fire escape, intending to miss the approaching crowds and get herself back to the original gathering point and check out if there are any other events tonight.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:20 am

Okusa addressed the newbie, "Salutations, my young friend. You may call me The Cog, What is your name?
    "Keitaro..." the newbie said suspiciously.
    Okusa replied, "From now on, till I deem so, you will be called Newbie. Become better and I will call you Rookie. Afterwards...depends if you survive. If you have nothing better to do, I have a proposition for you...if you can catch me."
    Okusa revved up his ATs and grinding up the wall into the sky...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 am

As The Cog rode up the wall, Keitaro grinned visibly.
    "This is going to be fun." He smirked as he revved his own ATs and started his own wall ride. His ride up the wall did not go straight, Keitaro took a more serpentine path. He found that he was able to gain more height, and speed, than he would going straight.When The Cog disappeared over the top of the building before Keitaro was about a third of the way from the top.
    "Dammit." Keitaro spat before pressing himself as close as he could to the building, affording a slight bit more speed. The top of the building quickly came. He grabbed onto it with his left hand and swung himself over the lip. He stopped dead as The Cog just stood there and looked at him.
    "That was a bit better than the last one, but you've still got some way to go." He said before dropping off the opposite side of the building while looking Keitaro straight in the eye.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:14 am

Okusa had always have confidence in his athletic abilities and the personal modifications of his ATs. To fall backwards into the wind with no fear, but trust. This was also to show the newbie to have no fear...and to fly.
    But one thing Okusa loves more...is figuring how everything works. Including people. This newbie is different from the others he felt. He was raw. Unpolished. Rough...he was perfect.
    Okusa then spun in the air, while rolling into himself, proving more force with his chest, to fly more into the air, and land on the top of another building quite a distance away from his original point.
    This is where it gets interesting, thought Okusa...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 am

Keitaro stood motionless for a scant few moments. His eyes darting all over the place. His eyes fell on a structure just of to one side in the same general direction The Cog had fallen. Keitaro sped towards the building and lowered himself as low as he could. The edge of the build drew very close, very fast. Without a moment to spare, Keitaro extended his body, throwing himself skyward. As he sailed through the air, he twisted his body and almost completely flipped. He fell just short of the building. He could almost imagine The Cog laughing at him for his potentially fatal mistake. Keitaro smiled inwardly, he knew what he was doing. His ATs caught a piece of broken drainpipe, stopping his fall. Almost as soon as he landed on the pipe, he decanted onto a nearby balcony. He sped along it's length as low as he could, before leaping out into thin air towards the building where he last saw The Cog. The corner of the building quickly approached, he grabbed the top of the building with his finger tips as his ATs gained purchase. His fingers acted as the fulcrum while his ATs swung his body round. He reached the pinnacle of his upswing and held it there, hand-planted on the corner of the building.
    "Wow, isn't it amazing when you suprise yourself?" Keitaro started, "You know, this is fun, and all, but I was really hoping to take part in an event tonight." he finished as he righted himself and walked towards The Cog.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:47 am

"Very few people do well in AT Battles," said Okusa beginning his lecture, "...especially in the Underground Parts Wars. Only those who have travelled their "road" extensively, and/or those who possess regalia are the only ones able to survive the events."
    Keitaro held his fist and looked like he began to pout, but then Okusa said, "You may not be able to participate in the wars tonight but...what if I trained you?"
    Keitaro asked, "Train me?"
    Then Okusa replied, with each word sounding as though it were covered in honey, "Though you are new, and unpolished...theres potential. Your ATs are scarred and scuffed. Though I have no desire to participate in these wars, I prefer to see people go forward. Since the arrival of The Fox...many of the solo riders cannot go beyond the E Class of the UPW...I do not battle myself, and out of all the riders I've seen...they do not have the determination...They want the glory. But you...you have determination. Though you fall, you get back up and find another way to your goal. Though you know you have no technique, you're stubborn...so therefore...allow me to be your tuner. To help you qualify higher into parts unknown...perhaps to go above the underground and into the sky..."
    Keitaro finally said, after much thought, "You put a lot of thought into this?"
    Okusa, in an embarrassed tone, "Well....repairing and tuning ATs for more parts and more knowledge is ok and all but...I can't learn more unless I find someone to work with to help me go forward too. So how about it, Newbie? I could help train you, and help you understand your ATs and its capabilities...how about it?"
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:27 am

Down at the original meeting area, Akiko grows bored and disappointed. Nothing seems to be happening, apart from the surrounding Riders commenting on The Fox and his recent match, as well as gossiping about whatever rumours they'd heard regarding him.

It reminds Akiko that, some day, she'll probably have to face him herself. And, unlike alot of her previous Battles, that one wasn't going to be so easy. He's a well respected, and often feared, Storm Rider... and for good reason. But she'd have to beat him somehow or she'd be stuck in E Class forever.

Akiko's thoughts are interrupted by the sounds of sirens and the bright flashes of lights, and the surrounding Riders being to scatter.

"Fuck!!" She curses as she twists herself round and prepares to make her escape.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:30 am

The Fox hears the sirens in the distance...Looks like someone tattletaled on tonights events...thats disconcerning, thought The Fox to himself.
    He sped ahead but heard ATs heading towards him...and then into him...it was Akiko...they collided in mid-flight...this did not look good...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:00 am

Keitaro thought about Cog's words for a while.
    '...you're new... unpolished... your ATs are scuffed and scarred...' echoed Cog's voice in his head. But one thing stood out more than the rest '...potential' Keitaro relaxed slightly as he approached the edge, looking back at the original starting line.
    "When I first started using ATs, I just wanted to have fun. I went out on long rides just to feel the wind. The moment I put on my ATs, I'm happy. I never once thought about taking part in any Parts Wars. I'm only beginning to feel the need to take part because there's only so much fun you can have on your own. Rising through the ranks was never my intention. But on the other hand, the challenge could be fun." Keitaro trailed off just looking out over the the rooftops. The sound of distant sirens drifted on the breeze. Keitaro sighed a heavy sigh, "and there goes my chance to get into an event tonight."
    "The chance will always be there, but this offer has and expiration date." The Cog said as he approach Keitaro by a few steps. Keitaro sighed again, this one lighter than the last.
    "My ATs have character; I like feeling every lump and bump in whatever surface I'm riding, can you do it without changing that?" Keitaro said as he turned to face The Cog.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 am

Okusa smiled, "I'll take that as a yes. And yes, I can do that. But for now I need to study how you move, that way I know what to improve, as well as incorporating the personal touches you need."
    Okusa then remembered the sirens, "I think getting away from these sirens will do just that. Follow me."
    And then Okusa lept into the moonlit sky...

...The Fox grabbed hold of Akiko, then combining both their weights into a spin lifting them a little higher, then threw her unto the nearest roof. He then leapt off an opposite buildings wall to ricochet back to the building where Akiko was. "You should watch where you're goin, Dolphin." said The Fox quite sternly, "If you're going to stalk me, I suggest doing it froma distance like everyone else does."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 am

"Asshole!!" She glares at him as she steadies herself once again. "You got in my way!" The comment he'd made about her stalking him also suddenly sinks in. "And don't get cocky! If I'd have been stalking you, then I would've seen you coming."

But just as she makes her point, she realises that, whilst it clears up any misunderstandings about her stalking him, it also reflect back onto the fact that she wasn't really looking where she was going in the first place.

"Are you done?" He asks, reminding her of the sirens, and the reason she was in such a hurry in the first place.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:11 am

The Fox then said, "If you want out of here quickly, I suggest follow me. That way the police dogs won't get a whiff of our scents."
    The hunt was on...Will the foxhounds get me this time?, thought The Fox to himself.
    He rode off without looking to see if Akiko will follow.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:43 am

"It's not the dogs I'm worried about..." She says, taking a look over of her shoulder, back in the direction of the sirens and flashing lights. "...it's the Crocodile..."

Turning round again, she tugs her hood inplace and sets-off, though choosing not to follow The Fox. She had her own plan, for now at least - stick to the shadows and avoid the crowds.

Whilst the general rule to most was that there was saftey in numbers, Akiko didn't like this. She didn't like the idea of someone taking the fall inplace of her, and it was dangerous to ride this recklessly in crowds anyway. Many a Rider would panic in this situation, and possibly lose their footing, which would put them and anyone else they happen to delay or knock-over, in danger of being caught.

And if everyone scattered properly, it could confuse the officers, and buy them vital seconds in escaping as they hestitate on trying to figure which Rider to go after.

Though Akiko's escape plan had been well thought-out in theory, the reality is that riding alone can be dangerous, and she has no one for back-up if she's ever in a situation where she needs it.

Luckily, it had never come to that before.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 am

Keitaro stood just looking towards the sirens. More sirens had joined them. He felt sorry for the other riders, especially if the crocodile was present.

So much seemed to be happening for Keitaro in such a short time. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it all. On one hand he hadn't planned on any of it, but then wouldn't that make it all the better? On the other hand, the challenge could prove interesting. His musings were interrupted when The Cog suggested they take flight.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Akiko races across the rooftops, before decending to ground level, disappearing into the shadows before coming to a skidding hault and taking a look behind her... too many Riders were still around, too many were still bunched together, and the forces out to get them didn't seem like the kind who would give up easily tonight.

After releasing a heavy sigh, Akiko heads back down the street, skidding to a hault again as she reaches some of the seemingly less experianced Riders.

"Move it!!" She yells, grabbing their attention and signalling for them to follow her.

In a further attempt to help her fellow Riders, Akiko rides away, riding up lamp posts and smashing the bulbs as she goes. Though it's clearly slowing her down, it helps some of the Riders riding on street level, creating more shadow to hide in if they moved fast enough, before the force vechicles approached.

She stops when she gets to an already darkened alleyway. Even if the forces follow the trail of the broken lights, they'll never be able to tell what direction the Riders took after passing through the alley.

Let's ride!!" She calls to those that had followed her thus far, leading them through the alley.

When she gets to the end, she spings herself round to face her followers.

"Scatter!!" She yells, signalling for them to seperate.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Name : John

Post by Rickettz Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:34 am

The white Uwagi and extremely loose trousers flung around in the decent breeze and Shiro's hazel eyes took in every detail. "I'm starting to really hate those police. All I wanted was a nice battle, a decent fight, Dojiru shimatta! But no matter, there is always some eager Trekkers after a run around... just have to find a knot of them...oh." Shiro notices the failing lights down a paticular section of city, heading away from the coming sirens and moves off to follow, keeping to roofs as much as possible. "One can only hope..."

His jacket flowing behind him, his Hakama tight against the front of his legs, he moves at an astonishing speed, easily clearing most street wide gaps. He never liked wall-riding, or grinding, or anything for that matter. The thrill of the fight and the feeling of weightlessness after a good jump was all that mattered. Everything else was just obstacles to be jumped over or ran around, nothing more. Maybe he could have had a team, hell, he could be higher ranked than most people out these days but Shiro "Cage" Ikoma didn't care for all the 'classes' and rules set for team matches. He just wanted to fly and if people wanted a brawl, to fight them and come out on top. His reverie was broken as he crossed a roof and stops his gears.
    "Scatter!!" Comes the call from below and Shiro just crouches to see where the meanest-looking riders screech off too. "Well, well. Ripe for the taking, methinks."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 pm

As the Riders that had been following head off, Akiko waits just a few extra seconds in order to keep distance between them, and then heads out herself, sticking to the shadows as she races down the streets.

What a boring night. One of the main reasons she'd come out was to see Fox battle, he cut it way to short for her liking. And just a few minutes after that, they were raided. And she's not even being chased.

"Boring..." She thinks as she lets out a disappointed sigh after checking over her shoulder.

She then speeds off, making her way home. It was probably for the best that tonight had been so uneventful anyways... she has a long day ahead of her tomorrow...
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Okusa raced and glided through the air. He could feel the thermals from the many car fumes in the city tonight. Though he hated pollution, he did like how it helped the development of his Wind Type ATs he was using for tonight. The newbie he realised was almost catching up to him, although the newbie looked at Okusa slightly amazed because of the heights he was reaching. They finally got to a water tower, quite a few stories up. Okusa asked the newbie, "So...how did this treck feel to you?"
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:57 am

Keitaro sat leaning against the water tower. The sounds of the sirens were more distant. For the time being, they were safe. Unless the police decided to continue searching the city after the raid, they would remain safe.
    "So... how did this treck feel to you?" The Cog asked.
    "It felt... right." Keitaro replied after a few moments.
    "Right? That's good, then. There'll be many more, in time."
    "That's what I'm hoping."
    They both fell into silence as they looked out over the city. Keitaro faintly heard shouts, evidence that the riders were still scattering.
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu

Post by Jeimuzu Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 am

Okusa then began to ride off, but left while saying, "I'll see you again tomorrow, I will have a look at your ATs and see what we can do. Til thn, get home safe, newbie. We have a busy day tomorrow."
    He rode off into the sky...and disappeared into the night...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am