Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Battlespace Intergalactica

Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Battlespace Intergalactica - Page 3 Empty Re: Battlespace Intergalactica

Post by Chojin Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:20 am

Francis disembarked as soon as the boarding ramp touched down, with Shamus and R9 in tow.
    "Where to first?" Asked Shamus who didn't know why they were here in the first place.
    "No matter where we go, you'll always find some information on The Psylocke, maybe you'll find some information on your friend, too." Francis said as he looked at Shamus. They made their way away from the string of docking bays. At this point, there seemed to be a large mix of species walking around. Francis caught glimpses of uniforms and decided it would be best to steer well clear of them. Paxor Prime was a member of the CWC, so it was always a gamble coming here.
    Lucheiah
    Lucheiah
    Level: Chibi

Name : Nat

Post by Lucheiah Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:49 am

Wil found a service elevator she knew would get her to a crossroads on layer 3 near the address she'd been given. She rode it down, her weapons ready to be deployed at a second's notice. The lift ground to a halt and the doors opened, and she stepped out, her eyes regarding the shadows suspiciously. She made her way along the grimy passageway, past street beggars, past whores and clients, past drunks lying in the street, past a hundred dilapidated doorways to a hundred dilapidated homes, sheltering hundreds of dilapidated lives, and came upon the address. It appeared no different to any other building in the area, with the exception of an ancient commlink on the wall by the door. She stepped forth and pressed the button. A thin, tinny voice issued from the speakers. "Identify yourself..." it requested.
    "The Captain, to see Miss Johnson..." she replied, the litany she'd used with the barkeep at their old drop point. Apparently, the answer satisfied someone inside, for the door slid open. Wil stepped through quickly, and the door hissed shut immediately, nearly catching her heels. "Welcome, Captain..." Miss Johnson said, stepping forth, her dark eyes raking Wil. Wil nodded in return, even as her instincts screamed that she'd made a mistake in coming here.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Name : John

Post by Rickettz Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:20 am

"Well, kitten, I mean Jinx'enisk." He grins mischievously, "I hope your a pilot of sorts, and most bounty hunters, even improperly trained ones, have a knack for tight situations and quick thinking. How are you with quick turns and space combat?" Calim'rath asked, his outburst and revival of old memories forgotten. "Oh, have you eaten? I know I'm starving but I'm not sure on the last time I had someone else to a meal." he asked, setting the Interspace Drive on the correct course given by the computer.

The galley was like nothing ever used on a ship. Extended to take up 4 general quarters as Calim'rath had trained his whole life to test his senses to large areas. Every now and then he allowed a single vermin on his ship and spent days hunting and prowling for the creature. He ushered Jinx inside."As you are now a guest, Miss, you have free roam of the ship, my quarters included if you so desire, thought there is nothing in there except for a bed and equipment, just like all the other rooms. Take whatever you like, I am not wanting for money."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Post by Fizzie Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:47 am

Jinx follows Calim'rath as he shows her around a little. She's amazed by the internals of the ship, and giggles to herself as starts to wonder how many more times she'll find herself lost in here. But then, something inside reminds her that there's still the possibilty that this could all be some sort of trap.

Maybe he was keeping her alive for now just to use her as currency later in some shifty deal with some other dirty-rotten-lowlife-scumbag he's in league with somewhere.

She tries to shake the thought, reminding herself of his previous outburst and the story he told her. And besides, whatever his reasons for not killing her, and his reasons for aquiring her help... she wouldn't be here long.

Jinx had never had a real home. Not since that day. She just seemed to be floating around, never staying in one place for long, and never alongside anybody else.

Calim'rath looks down on Jinx. It's more than obvious she has something, or many things, on her mind. But before he has a chance to ask, she places her hands on her hips, looks up at him and grins...

"So what d'ya have to eat on this bucket?"
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:14 am

'Calm down, everything about her screams... whats the earthern word for it...damn,' He shakes his head and mutters under his breath "Kouven." Kouven being the felpurr word for a lone hunter who excludes all help. With Jinx still grinning, he puts on a anxious smile. "I'm sorry, most of the food is more nutritional than aesthetic. Though I'm sure with some Altmer spices I could work something to suit your taste." He couldn't shake the suspicion that, on a whim, she would attack him again, just as soon as her internal struggle about him turned for the worst. "So really, anything you like."

A mix of Altmer plants, spices and meat from a human-bred beast made a meal well worth the silence it was eaten in. As he put the plates in a tub to be cleaned later, he stated, "You may sleep or explore, do as you see fit, while we are in Interspace. I usually train in either the low or high gravity rooms until we drop out. You are free to join or even go through my logs in the computer to see if I did kill your parents, yet I have a feeling I might have still been in training then. By your leave..." He bid farewell, moving off and out of the galley.

ooc:We have agreed to come and join you in your timescape of this cok-a-mamy universe....
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:32 am

Jinx watches, her head tilted, as Calim'rath walks away from her. SHe already knew from previous hacks into other ships, that there was nothing about her family on the hunter logs. The fact he offered her the chance to check, either means he's full aware of this fact too, or he really didn't have anything to do it and therefore has nothing to hide. Jinx shakes her head, giving it a rub. Thinking isn't getting her anywhere. With a stretch, she decides to go with the flow, as usual, and see where life leads her.

She grows a determined look on her face, and decides it's time to run around the ship so that she can get to know her way around better, and see how fast she can lap the hallways.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:27 pm

Francis led the way through the busy terminal to a small cantina just a short distance away. This was not their destination, but it served their purpose of a quick pit stop for some refreshment. Francis walked through the door, hissing open as he approached. As expected, the cantina was packed. Francis expected nothing else when it was located this close to the terminals. There were other cantinas situated along the long line of terminals that were no different from this one. Each one always seemed to be filled to bursting with patrons of all species.

Both Francis and Shamus sat down and ordered the special, which nearly always consisted of hydroponic vegitables that, had they been imported, would've come from all over the galaxy. Francis ordered an alcoholic beverage, as was his custom, but Shamus took a more sober approached and ordered a juice that looked like it had been squeezed from the loins of a Kowakian monkey-lizard, though had a taste that was as sweet as ambrosia.

"Good call on the special." Shamus said as he swallowed a mouthful.
    "Yeah, but it's a gamble. Sometimes they over do it with the Altmer spices, then it's only special to the bowl you leave it in after an upset stomach." Francis said, trying not to be too graphic. Shamus looked almost as if he was put of by this thought, but the idea of food proved to be too much. He continued to eat happily.
    "After this, I want you to try and dig up some information on your friend. I only agreed to take you off that dust bowl, anything I do from here is up to me. I'm only keeping you around because you're the closest I've come to something even remotely useful, where... the ship is concerned." Francis said as he glanced around to make sure no one was watching and trying to listen in on their conversation. No matter where they go, this was always a danger. He had been careless back on Tellurez, the desert-planet he was on not more than a day ago. Because of his carelessness, it was entirely possible that they had been followed. He had heard of people being killed for information on The Psylocke, and he did not want the same fate to befall him.
    "I'll do that if you can find some information on it's whereabouts." Shamus replied, keying into the secrecy of the subject in question. they sat in silence for the rest of the meal, eager to finish and carry on their quest, however fruitless it may turn out to be.
    Lucheiah
    Lucheiah

Post by Lucheiah Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 am

"Just put the goods on the floor at your feet, and turn around. Put your hands on the door..." Johnson instructed, as she cocked a pistol and aimed it at Wil.
    "Of course," Wil replied, bending over and gently depositing the goods on the floor, careful not to jostle them. As she straightened, she managed to slip a couple of flash pellets from her pocket and into her gloves. She turned and put her hands against the door, shifting her feet so they were shoulder-width. "I must ask, however, what the meaning of this all is..."
    "Someone betrayed our location..." Johnson hissed.
    "Well, obviously. But why the baseless suspicions against me? I mean, I have been your loyal provider of goods and services for these many years. What reason would I have to betray you now?" Wil kept talking, trying to keep the woman distracted even as she moved ever closer, her weapon trained on the centre of Wil's head.
    "Money, power... how should I know how the mind of a thief works?" the woman hissed furiously, advancing another few steps, apparently intent on frisking Wil before shooting her. Wil smiled tightly.
    "It is unfortunate that you don't know how my mind works... see, if you did, you'd be expecting this..." Wil replied. The woman was close enough now to catch the foot that Wil sent driving back into her kneecap, and she was still staring wide-eyed as the two flash pellets Wil threw down went off...
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Calim'rath had just finished a kata of defencive parries when a chime rang throughout the intercom. "Ahhh," he sighed inwardly, "Fratha is now within sensor range, enough time to get to the cockpit before we drop out of Interspace." He said, quoting the foot-note he had put on the chime. Picking up his towel was a chore as he was within the high gravity training room, which was set to around 3 times earth gravity. Such weight would normally crush the thin and malleable bones of a felpurr, unless you spent years working your way up through the decimal points of gravity to adjust accordingly. He set the gravity to normal for the rest of the ship before opening the door as the higher the gravity, the denser the air had to be to be... well, air. The door hissed upwards and he was surprised to see the lightning fast blur of Jinx run past and down around a corner. "Now that is one way to keep active..." He muttered to himself as he moved through the Gilded Samrang to the cockpit. It was more of a bridge, being definitely larger than a fighter's piloting space, but the wiring and programming of the ship made him feel that it only needed one person. He sat down in his chair and flung his towel towards the door, hopeing to catch the sweet smelling kitty off guard.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:42 am

As Jinx enters the bridge, she gets a face full of used-towel and, blinded, trips over herself and ends-up a heap on the floor.

"Gross!" She complains as she removes the towel from her face, then standing up again and walking closer to Calim'rath in his chair. "We're here?" She asks, not quite sure how to feel about being back on her home planet... she hadn't been back, not even once, since she left.

"It would seem so." Calim'rath answers, noting the tone in Jinx's voice.
    Lucheiah
    Lucheiah

Post by Lucheiah Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:45 am

Wil's first move was to jam the door locked so it couldn't be opened from the outside. That done, she whipped out her favourite knife, grabbed her dear client by the hair and rolled her over on to her back, where she lay whimpering and rubbing at her eyes. One foot went just below her client's throat, and the knife started being juggled in one hand. "Now, I'm going to make a new deal with you, Miss Johnson. You will give me my money, plus an extra twenty per cent. The extra twenty per cent will cover my use of two flash pellets, plus the time I've wasted here having to deal with your baseless accusations. If I wanted to betray you, I'd have done it much earlier. You know I'm not a patient person, a trait that could end badly for you in this situation. The deal is this: give me my money, and I will go away and leave you be. The flash pellets don't do any permanent damage, they just incapacitate you for a while. You'll have a headache for a few hours. If you do not give me my money, I'll be doing something a little more... permanent..." she hissed, catching the knife by the handle and pointing at her throat with the tip of the blade. The woman whimpered in terror, fear showing in her eyes. "I am confiscating all your weapons and communications, too. Don't want you setting a tail on me before I've left the planet..." she said as she searched the woman's pockets, legs, arms, back, and withdrew several lethal-looking pieces of hardware. "Now, get up, and get me my money..." she said, pulling a gun out of her wrist holster and training it on the woman. She nodded meekly and handed over the pre-arranged 20 unmarked ingots, plus an extra four for the new deal. "Bag them. Nothing cute, mind... my trigger finger's a bit twitchy..." she growled, and the woman complied. Once Wil's cash was bagged and at her feet, she nodded in approval. "Now, lie face down and put your hands behind your back..." she ordered, pulling some binding tape from a pocket. It was generally used to secure things shipboard, but was remarkably effective when used to restrain people, as well. She bound the woman's hands, feet and mouth, picked up her money, weapons and the woman's effects and left, whispering, "It's been a pleasure doing business with you, Miss Johnson..." as the door slid closed. She slipped into the first abandoned alleyway she saw, opening the bag and going through it carefully, searching for trackers, incendiary devices and the like. Found nothing, smiled smugly, and shouldered her reward, making her way back towards Zephyr...
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:46 am

"Then I don't suppose its a regular sight for you?" A small twitch told him yes. "You don't have to come outside, if it will be painful," He started, fingering the small, slotted card he had in his pocket, "But then I would have to choose your ship for you...." Calim'rath left the end unsaid, 'and you might no like what I get'.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:47 am

Francis looked at Shamus, something didn't seem quite right about him, at least it seemed that way. Maybe it was his recent luck mixed with his recent mistake and his natural sense of suspicion playing tricks on him. He decided to not let it bother him too much.
    "Ok," Francis said after he realised he had been quiet for a bit too long, "I'll see what I can do on my part, but I think it would be quicker if we both did what we had to do. Be back at the ship once you're done." He said as he put his empty tankard on the bar. After this, he stood up and started towards the door.
    "Sure." Shamus said just before he finished his own drink.

Shamus waited until Francis was out of sight before he turned to R9. Without saying a word, he stood up and left the cantina with the diminuitive drone in tow.

Outside the cantina, Shamus stopped and looked about for a few moments. He didn't seem to remember which way the ship was. R9 beeped moments before Shamus started back the way they had arrived at the cantina.
    "Thanks." Shamus said to his mechanised companion.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 am

Jinx's ears twitch suddenly as she catches on to Calim'rath's words.

"A ship? For me? I get a ship?" She asks, eyes wide in disbelife and excitement.

Calim'rath teases by keeping silent as he leaves his chair, heading to the way out, with Jinx following.

"Is this a trick?" She asks, still following Calim'rath as he exits, but stopping before she follows that far herself.

Calim'rath notices that little kitten no longer follows, and he looks behind to see her standing in the door way, looking out at her homeland, unsure.

"No trick." He finally answers, catching her attention again.

"You're gonna leave me here, aren't you?" She pouts.

Calim'rath sighs before turning and walking away again.

"I already told you that deal. Now it's up to you if you want to stay in there." He says loudly, making sure she can hear him. "Just don't complain if I return with a ship not to your liking."

"You're really not gonna leave me here?" She calls, still standing in the door way.

"Not unless you want to stay." He replies.

"And you're really gonna get me a ship?" She calls again, thinking about stepping out.

"Just get out of there so I can lock up, already!" Calim'rath calls back, turning around again.

Jinx finally runs out to join him, sticking close by without really realizing it herself.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:09 am

"Now, this is very unorthodox. Most Bounty Hunters don't get their own ship until after they complete their training. But in order for us to work together, for whatever limited time you decide, your require a ship. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a little space that's yours..." He says, mostly talking to himself as much as for Jinx's benefit. "It took me seven years, My training that is. I've heard of others who were faster or slower, but it takes a long time to master both art forms of Bounty Hunting."

As they walked, Jinx said nothing, Staying closer to Calim'rath than her personality would usually allow, but she was more scared of her surroundings, which confused Calim'rath. "You know that nothing here thinks of you as prey, Jinxio'enisk? We are both as safe here as any felpurr could imagine." He opened the bark covered door of the shop he was looking for, The Dusty Rocket. Behind the wooden counter was and elderly felpurr, his fur long turned grey, tinkering with a piece of something or another. His head turned up and he grinned. "Ahhh, Kindirraf Breen. It is an honour to have you in my store once again." Came the sing-song voice you would expect from an Altmer, not a Felpurr.
    "And you haven't changed a bit, Gou'fen."

Calim'rath took the card from his pocket and put it on the counter. "I understand that this is very odd, but I require the purchase of a ship, on this card, for this young kitten." Gou'fen looked shocked and was about to say something but Calim'rath cut him off, "I told you I knew. But think or it this way, kitten gets a ship, the more ships I can bring back whole for you." This caught Gou'fen's attention and he sat back down and rubbed his chin. "I hope you can do what you say you can do. I am watched by the council, you know. But if there is any difficulties about it, I'm sending them straight to you, I am not taking any blame for this. Calim'rath smiled.
    "Your a true hunter, Gou'fen. Ok, Jinxio'enisk, go with Gou'fen and choose your craft. He can fill you in on the details."

Last edited by Rickettz on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 am

Jinx follows Calim'rath into the shop, and after the initial greeting between the two older Felpurrs, her eyes wander and she becomes distracted with all the random items displayed around the room.

After the short exchange of words, which Jinx wasn't really paying attention to, Calim'rath tells Jinx to follow Gou'fen so she can choose a ship. And, wish a slight nod, she follows him to see the ships he currently has avalible.

"Mine!!" She points instantly, then running off to get a closer look, climbing in. "Calim'rath!!" She yells. "Looklook!!"

"Wouldn't you like to hear what it, and the others, are capable of before you make your final selection?" Gou'fen offers.

"It's a fighter. An Epsilon." She says before climbing all over the craft itself to have a look. "Xenon afterbuners... laser cannon... IMERC missiles and Omnus torpedoes, of course... and, um..." She climbs back into the pilot seat and checks the dashboard. "Minerva shield." She nods, giving a thumbs-up to Gou'fen.

"Well, well, you know your fighters." Gou'fen chuckles.

"Mhmm." Jinx grins, though the truth was, she knew what she liked. "Calim'rath!!" She yells again, as he still hadn't come over.

Too impatient to wait, and too excited to sit still, Jinx climbs, or rather falls, out of the ship and runs off to get Calim'rath.

"Lookit!! Lookit!!" She calls.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:36 am

"She is very excitable about certain things, but in others she lacks discipline and attentiveness, strange." Calim'rath thought to himself. "Yes, Jinx?"
    "I found it, it was right there, and then I saw it, and I love it. Come lookit!" Calim'rath shrugged and came in after her, making sure she got no sense of power by dragging him. When he saw it, he almost choked at the color. It was
    YELLOW! "Well... it's definitely going to stick out..." Was all he could say as Jinx climbed back into the cockpit. "How long would it take to jerry-rig a holder onto the side of the Samrang?" he asked Gou'fen. The old felpurr scratched his chin and looked around the hanger. "Might be able to work something. Need it long term or just till you find a shipyard?"
    "Just until I find a shipyard, Then something more permanent can be worked on." Calim'rath answered and turned to leave. "Stay if you want kitten, but I need to get the Samrang so we can leave the system with your new acquisition. I'll be right back."
    Lucheiah
    Lucheiah

Post by Lucheiah Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:26 am

Meanwhile, Wil had returned to Zephyr, intent on monitoring the vessel in dock 112. "No way in the 'verse I can sneak up on her without being noticed now, I wasted too much time with that crazy lady back there..." she thought, as she settled in to her seat and switched the sensors on. This had the incidental effect of alerting ground control that someone was in the ship. "Dyson's Folly, do you require permission to leave?" came a voice over the comm.
    "Not just yet, control. Working on something at the moment. I'll let you know..." Wil replied, settling in to watch her sensor array. The moment that vessel lifted off, she'd know about it; then the chase would be on!
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:38 am

As Calim'rath mentions his departure, it causes Jinx's ears to twitch, obviously because she doesn't want to be left behind.

"I won't be long." Calim'rath reminds her.

Jinx just shrugs and turns to face her new ship again, pretending not to care. But with one ear clearly listening behind, following his movements as he begins to walk away, it isn't hard for Calim'rath to see through her little tough-girl act.

"If you're that bothered, then come along." He offers as he walks towards the door.

"I'm not bothered." She replies, eventhough she'd followed him this far already.

"Fair enough." He says, exiting the shop. "Back soon." He waves.

Jinx stands in the door way of the shop, trying to decide if she should go with him afterall, but she had a rep to maintain, and there was no point worrying about what someone else was or wasn't gonna do anyways. Still, she couldn't help but shout out to him...

"You better!! Coz I'm taking the ship anyway!!" She calls before shifting her focus to the street, and the other Felpurr going about their day. "Look after my ship, k?" She calls back to Gou'fen, before exiting the shop herself.

Living dangerously is what she's always done, so she figures it's about time she shakes her worries about her homeland. She's not even sure where these feelings came from. Maybe it's because of what happened all those years ago, maybe it's because she never really knew many other Felpurr outside of her family, maybe it's because she's stayed away so long that home might not feel like home anymore, or maybe it's because she's stayed away so long that she felt guilty about leaving her home behind...

Jinx shakes her head and rubs her head in an attempt to silence all these confusing thoughts. There's no point thinking about "what ifs" and "maybes" or anything like that. She's here now. Time to look around.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:50 am

"I can't trust her to stay still but I can trust that she will not leave without her ship." He said to himself. The hard-packed ground that paved the outer reaches of a rim town on Fratha gentle on a felpurrs paws as Calim'rath walked back to where he had landed the Samrang. Many alleyways came off the street, Felpurr families preferring to have the entrance to their homes off the main walkway. "It's becoming easier to find you, Kindurraf Breen." Came a soft and husky voice. Calim'rath stopped and sighed,
    "I just didn't think that I should have to hide on my home, Leena." The slim, grey and white Felpurrian Bounty Hunter, Leena Baank, stalks from an alley and places herself in-front of Calim'rath. "Maybe it is unwise to do so, would make it easy for anyone seeking the fame of the Gilded Samrang."
    "Yes, you would be right. But I am going to tell you once and only once, please move out of my way, I have business to attend to, Kitten." The stares could of withered the hardiest Frathan undergrowth.
    "Fine, Kindurraf Breen. You may just want to check your data when you get to the Samrang... might see an old friend, partner or enemy. Depending on how she feels about being tracked." Leena moved off, back into the same alley and out of sight. Calim'rath returned on his way, thinking. "She.... being tracked, I guess I will see when I look..."
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:02 pm

Jinx begins making her way through the streets, still on edge, but taking in the sights and sounds of her home land. She wanders from one street to the next, peaking into the different types of shops, admiring goods, taking note of faces, places, smells, sounds, and relaxing without really realising it.

Eventually, she finds herself at the Cemetery Park, kneeling at her parents' Memorial. After a silent appology for having been away for so long, a feeling of peace washes over her. But it's short lived before the events of "that day" replay involuntarly in her head. Emotions run through her as she clenches her fists and tries to fight back her tears, and she's reminded once again of why she travels alone... why she never lets anyone close.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:28 am

The door hissed closed with the sound of a complete air-tight seal as Calim'rath moved through the Samrang and to the cockpit. Seating himself comfortably in his chair, he checked through recently added warrants. A name stuck out at him and he wondered why, after all this time, did the person want to do something to put themselves back on the Bounty Hunting logs. "Wilhelmina Quietpeddle. It has been so long since I've heard that name." Calim'rath mused to himself.

The Samrang took flight and turned towards Gou'fen's hanger, keeping it at a high enough altitude as not to scare the walking populace. Setting the landing gear again, the Gilded Samrang dropped into the hanger and touched the ground safely. Calim'rath exited and gave Gou'fen a pouch filled with currency. "You know how to contact me. Just give me a call when you have finished and remember, nothing extravagant."
    "Of course, just to get you to a shipyard, I know." Gou'fen muttered as he tied the pouch to his belt and moved off to get everything he needed. Calim'rath watched him go and then moved off and out of the store, planning to simply wander.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Jinx lowers her head and places a hand on the Memorial Stone for a few moments, before standing-up again, and taking a step backwards, giving a sniff and rubbing her eyes.

As she thinks to herself, telling herself not to do something as pointless as crying, she starts to wonder, like she'd wondered so many times before, why she cries... why anyone cries... tears never solve anything... they never bring people back... they never fix anything... they do nothing... they never have and they never will...

Even these facts, are enough to upset her, causing her tears to flow again as she walks away from the Memorial, once again with the realisation that no matter how much she cries, how much she cares, how much she wishes... nothing wlll change.

She gives one last look over to the Memorial Stone, giving a weak smile, for a reason she couldn't even understand. It's not like anyone could see her. It was just a stone, afterall.

As she finally leaves the Cemetery Park, she tries to think of other things, like if it's really a good idea to travel with someone. But he does seem more experianced than she is. Maybe she could learn alot from him. And after all this time of travelling alone, she had always wanted to be part of a team. It might be fun. And it's not like she can't just leave again whenever she wants to. And it's not like she has to be friends with him or anything. Though, that would mean they weren't a real team. Teams are more than just a work force. And he does seem like an okay kinda person. Wait, no. Being friends with someone isn't a a good idea. People you care about always leave you, one way or another.

Her thoughts are interrupted as the sweet things hit her nose. Following the smell, she's lead to a small shop filled with sugary delights. Her eyes light-up as she's met with so much choice, and she begins digging around in her pockets, pulling out some money and counting it up.

She leaves the shop with a bag full of goodies, and a strawberry milkshake, made with fresh ice cream. Her next stop is a bag shop, where she buys herself a new brown backpack, which she stuffs all her sweet shop goodies into, except for the milkshake, which she drinks along her way through the streets.

Unexpectedly, she spots Calim'rath through a shop window. Still sucking her milkshake through the draw, she wanders over to have a closer look, peaking in through the window. But before she can see what he's buying, brain-freeze hits and Calim'rath notices her as she cringes, holding her head and repeatedly saying "Ow".

"That looks like it hurts." He says as he comes outside. "You should drink that more slowly."

"Like I need advice from you." She replies, the pain disappearing now and she takes another long drink just to prove she doesn't his help in tackling a simple milkshake.

"Heh. Were you spying on me?" He asks.

"Pfft. As if." She replies again, trying to pretend she hasn't just given herself another brain-freeze, but it's more obvious than she realises, and Calim'rath just smiles. "If I was spying on you; you'd never even know I was there."

"That so?"

"Yep."
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 pm

"I should leave it at that, the last thing I want is having to prove myself to a kitten... She looks so ragged in those..."
    "Look, Jinxio'enisk. I know you probably want to get away as soon as possible and be about your own business, but there is one more thing I want... would like for you too do before you go...." Calim'rath says, feel very awkward and begins to walk down the street. "I know this place that I think you might like, but I have not exactly been there myself. I have a feeling it could do you a world of good along the lines of 'problems' you have. Call it a hunch..." He says, rambling on with anything that's in his head.

He comes to a stop in front of an establishment with a large pink and light blue sign. Horenkless Felpurran Boutique. Jinx turned to him and he spun around quickly, for his inability at companionship was beginning to show on his face. "I've heard it works wonders to get pampered to get your mind of stressful things. I thought you should give it a try..." He unties his money pouch from his belt and holds it out. "Don't go crazy... just relax. I am getting under my reserve of twenty thousand credits for this... I'm going to have to find a large job to pay..." He spun around as the weight in his hand slid away and Jinx had quickly ran inside. Calim'rath blinked a few times and shrugged. "Guess I should go do some more shopping... need to get some new ingredients for the galley..." He states as he walks off.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Jinx runs in to find herself surrounded by overly girly objects. Everything from the clothes, bags, shoes, to the smell in that lingered in the air. Not to mention the customers and the employees themselves.

To Jinx, it's as though she'd passed through some strange portal when she ran through those doors just moments ago. Still, she's here now. So, sucking at her straw, she begins browsing.

It takes a while, but she manages to find a few things to buy. Seeing as she lost most of her belongings not long before boarding the Gilded Samrang, she was in need of a few things, like some clothes to sleep in, and some new bottles of her favourite raspberry scented shampoo.

Eventually, she takes her pile of goodies to a counter, and the sales assistant bags them, asking for payment. Jinx hesitates as she looks at the money Calim'rath had given her. But she soon hands it over, a little confused as to why she'd hestiated in the first place.

Exiting the overly feminie building, with her new buys, she heads towards another shop. A much less flashy shop, where she finds things like comics, some rock music cds.

After finishing in the small shop, she heads on her way to look for Calim'rath again. But on her way, she spies something at a small market stall. It's a small pink star. Just perfect to attach to her choker.

Her favourite buy of the day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:35 pm