Otaku Beats

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Soul Eater: Resonance

Fizzie
    Fizzie

Name : Sam

Soul Eater: Resonance - Page 4 Empty Re: Soul Eater: Resonance

Post by Fizzie Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:28 am

After being helped-up by Chandler, Chloe just stares at him for a few moments, desperate to feed her curiosity. It isn't long before Chandler gives in, rolling his eyes and letting out a sigh.

"Fine." He says, leaning down a little so she can reach better.

Chloe hesistates for a moment, seemingly coming out of her daze and feeling a little embarrased, but she eventually plants a hand on his face, hoping to feel that strange feeling felt before. But she didn't. The black blood had already finished doing the job it was meant to do.

As she suddenly comes to the realization that all she's really doing now is standing there touching, almost caressing someone's face, a guy's face, his face... she suddenly finds that her own face becoming flushed and she swiftly removes her hand and steps back.

"Sorry!" She says, a little paniced, and quickly lowering her head in the hope her hair will fall forward and hide her face, before she then breaks straight into a run and leaves him standing there.

But in her panic, and being that she's not looking where she's going, she bumps straight into something, no, someone!
    Chojin
    Chojin

Name : Craig

Post by Chojin Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 am

Dehx paced a little outside of the classroom; partly due to impatience but partly due to what he thought he saw. Could there be something going on between his sister and Chandler? Dehx didn't want to believe it, but his mind couldn't get off the idea. He shook his head to try to shake the thought free. He decided to go without Chloe, she was more than capable of finding her own way, it wasn't like they were going to leave anyone behind.

Dehx went to walk past the door, but his progress was hampered when someone bashed into him. He stumbled slightly and looked at who it was.
    "Chloe!?" He said with a little more suprise than he was meant to.
    "Dehx!?" She said, equally suprised.
    "What was taking so long?" He said, trying to hide his thoughts as he stole a glimps over her shoulder at Chandler.
    "Nothing. We need to go." She said, her voice sounding urgent as she grabbed his arm and started pulling him towards the door.
    "Is something wrong?" He said as he stole another look at Chandler.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 am

"Mmn, nothing." Chloe answers, shaking her head as she continues to pull him along without stopping.

As they get into the hallway, they find the class not too far ahead, waiting as Julian had noticed that some of his students were missing. He smiles as he waves them over, though he can tell that something's not quite right.

"Well, I didn't expect to lose any students this early on in the trip." He laughs as the siblings finally reach the group, and Chandler isn't too far behind now either. "Is everything okay?"

"Mm." Chloe nods before Dehx has a chance to answer.

"Good." He smiles, waiting just a few more seconds for Chandler, who also finally makes his arrival. "Well, let's be on our way then. Try and stick together everyone!"

The student who came to see Julian with the note before, leads the way, with Julian trying his best to keep an on things from the back end. Though his concern for his students makes it hard for him to settle in one place, so he ends-up running from end to end randomly just to make sure everyone's present and everyone's okay.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 am

Wandering though the empty halls of Shibusen, Zach stumbled slightly as he turned towards the nurses office. His face was bloodied and beaten from the fight with Dehx. He stopped next to some lockers.
    "THAT RAT!!" He said as he punched one of the lockers, denting it and leaving four neat scratches gouged into the metal, blood dripped from his face onto the floor. He moved away from the lockers and carried on towards the nurse.

Once he got there, he didn't knock and wait for a reply, he walked straight in.
    "You're supposed to knock." Clare, the nurse, said sharply as she sat at a desk reading through some notes.
    "Why bother? You're going to see me, anyway." Zach said getting her attention. She looked up and starred for just a second.
    "Oh my god, what happened to you?" Clare said as she stood up and quickly went over to him. She stopped half way. "What am I saying? I know exactly what happened." She said as she remembered what Chandler had said earlier about the fight with Dehx.
    "You're not going to tell her, are you?" Zach said as he made his way over to the bed. Clare immediately set about preparing to clean the wounds.
    "I might have to." She said finished washing her hands.
    "You can't, doctor patient confidentiality." Zach said with a smile. Clare gave him a knowing look. as she approached him with some antisceptic and threw him a towel. She wiped his face. He whinced a little.
    "Come on, Zach, you can take more than that. You forget-" She said before Zach cut her off.
    "Yeah; I know, I know." He said with a sigh.
    DSW
    DSW
    Level: Newbie
    Level: Newbie

Post by DSW Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 pm

"Its dangerous out here to be alone brother, dont know what kind of unscrupulous types ya might run into" The man said to Ziggy. Ziggy looked up, the six men stood around him. He could have burst out laughing, they were wearing matching bandanas and jackets, each brandishing a dagger. One had a chain wrapped around his fist. Ziggy sighed. It was his own fault for stopping here really. He was trying to digest his latest killing spree and this seedy bar had been the closest place open. He'd heard word that a shibusen technician was in town and Ziggy fancied his chances. Eating the souls of a meister AND his weapon would no doubt boost his power. But first, he had this team of clowns to deal with.

"You boys must be real bored...or have a deathwish" Ziggy growled but the leader grabbed him by his jacket. Three seconds later he was flying backwards, a gaping hole blown out of his chest. Ziggy sat, a smoking shotgun barrel protruding from his chest.
    "Boss! No!" the nearest said but was cut off by a swift kick to the chin. His neck snapped back and he crashed to the floor. Ziggys arm morphed into a shotgun barrel and he fired twice, the first shot blowing the next thug aside and the second anothers foot. As he bent forward Ziggy jammed his arm under the mans head and fired. The fourth thug used his chain covered fist to punch Ziggy in the back. He didnt react to the blow, merely putting his arm over his shoulder and fired, taking his hand clean off. He lashed out with a thunderous kick that shattered the mans spine. He keeled over and fell to the floor. The second to last man turned and fled, Ziggy caught him with a shot to the back.

Ziggy held the last man by his lapels of his shirt, grinning ferociously. It didnt matter, he'd grown hungry.
    "Please...man...I wont tell nobody" he tried to splutter but Ziggy scowled. He pushed the man backwards and in a flash of light his arm was a shotgun again. He fired, the mans chest exploding in a spray of crimson. His soul slowly rose from his splattered corpse and Ziggy snatched it.
    "I shouldnt eat too much of this crap but hey, Im eating for two, right partner?" he laughed. The irony of the comment was lost to the terrified onlookers. Ziggy noticed he'd drawn an audience but rammed the last mans soul into his mouth hungrily. He crunched it noisily and flicked the one finger salute to the bar keep.
    "What...you want some?" he laughed. He kicked a chair aside as he left.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Chloe remains unusually quiet during most of the journey as she seems to be lost in her thoughts. But Julian's enability to just relax as he continues to dart around from one section of the class line to another, checking on the presence and welfare of all his students, brings her out of it when he stops at the back end of the group, and talks to her.

"Daydreaming again?" He asks, waving a hand infront of her face to catch her attention.

Chloe snaps back to reality, and though it takes a moment for his words to actually register, she eventually replies with a shaking of her head.

"Where are we going, Julian?" She asks, curiously.

"You'll see." He smiles.

"Aww, c'mon. Tell me? Pleeeaaase?" She asks, her hands clasped together, almost as if she's praying or begging.

"Oh, alright." He laughs, having already expected that reaction from her. "It's just a clearing in the woods. Not too far really, but I've only been there once or twice myself. We're meeting Tristian and his class there, because we'll be swapping classes later so his class can learn the more theoretical side of things with me, and you can all learn the more practical side of things with him. But there's a couple of things we need to go over with both classes first, so it'll be abit of a joint-lesson with them for a while." He explains, before leaning down to her level. "Actually, I'll let you in on a little secret." He says, almost whispering. "I can't actually remember my way there."

That explains why it was a student, obviously from Tristian's class, leading the way.

"I'd better start making my way back up the line." He says, straightening his posture and giving a wave as he hurried along to check on the other students.

Chloe giggles as he leaves. It was funny how he, probably unwillingly, switched so quickly from calm to panic. Just watching him scutter about all over the place made her feel tired. Or maybe that was just because they'd been walking for quite a while now and she's feeling tired... or is that lazy? Or maybe just because she still isn't feeling 100% well just yet. Maybe a mix of everything?

"Whatever." She thinks to herself, not really bothered about the cause, as she lets out a little yawn and stretches her arms up high.

As she brings her arms back down again, she gives her eyes a rub. Yawning always made her eyes water a little bit. And she glances up at her brother, who'd been silent this whole time. She hadn't even really thought about it until now. Now that she's back from... where ever it was she'd been for the most part of the journey.

"What's the matter?" She asks him.

"Nothing." He answers, with no particular tone, giving her no real clues to go on.

She doesn't really know if it's a good idea to ask again. Whatever it is, she knows he won't tell her until he's ready anyway. So maybe sometime later, maybe on the way home, would be a good time to ask again?

In any case, Chloe's thoughts are interrupted when she, for some reason, or maybe even for no reason at all, takes a look behind her... and the only student behind herself and her brother, is Chandler. Chloe quickly turns around again, hoping he didn't see her looking. Why did she look anyways!?

Suddenly, everything she'd felt earlier, all her weirdness and uncomfortableness came rushing back to her and she becomes silent once again.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz
    Level: Chibi

Name : John

Post by Rickettz Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Chandler's thoughts couldn't have been further from Chloe's at that moment in time. 'She reacts weirdly... she wants to sate her curiosity and then rushes off in severe embarrassment.... the female side of the species seems to be extremely weird...' he mused, unconsciously following the class. He thought upon Julian's words and shook his head, mostly oblivious to his surroundings, "I don't need practical training and I already know everything Julian is going to teach for a long time to come... I guess it's something to do while I pass the time between missions." He absent-mindedly said to himself.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:26 am

After a while, they finally enter a clearing in the woods, where Tristian and his students await them.

"About time you got here." Tristian teases.

Leaving the two classes to talk amoungst themselves, Julian quietly makes his way towards a tree, where he sits, leaning against it as he attempts to just get a few moments rest.

"It's all that running around I expect you were doing again." Tristian says, standing over him. "I keep telling you they're not babies."

"Yeah. I know." Julian answers with a smile.

"Yo!" Tristian calls as he turns to the classes, giving a whistle to grab their attention. "Over here." He says as he waves them over. "Sit your butts down and we'll begin."

Everyone comes over, and each class sits together, leaving a large isle-like gap between the two classes, as indicated by Tristian as he tries to sort seperate the large group of students.

Julian remains seated, leaning against the front of the tree, and once the students are sorted, Tristian comes to lean against the side of the tree.

"Right. I know we'fve all had some form of practical training before, and alot of you have already fought your own battles, but that's no reason to slack-off or skip-out on any further training." Tristian says. "Besides, it's school... which means we have to go over old junk time and time again." He adds with a groan.

"Yes, but it keeps us refreshed on old techniques, so we don't forget what we've already learnt." Julian comments, trying to encourage the students not to shrug something off just because they think they know it already. "And some of us don't grow quite as fast as others, so we need to try certain things a few more times. And, for those faster growers, it's a good chance to see just how far they've come and how they might be able to improve. And today's a mixture of old and new. A chance to play around a little bit."

"We're gonna work on your fighting styles, soul resonance, and we're gonna take a look at eachother's strengths and weaknesses to see what we can learn from eachother, and how we can improve ourselves, and help eachother improve." Tristian explains. "I'd like to get onto team fighting and chain resonance, but we'll see how far we get with all thise other stuff we gotta get done."

"Mm. We have alot to cover." Julian nods, standing-up again.

"Ready?" Tristian asks Julian as he steps forward into the gap between the two classes.

"Ready." Julian nods, following for a few steps before transforming, which a flash of white light, into his weapon form of a steel-bo.
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 am

Dehx watched the two teachers prepare themselves to take show a few basic skills. Though he already knew how to fight, he thought that it didn't hurt to brush up on the basics.
    "You must always be mindful of your surroundings," Tristan started as he swung the steel-bo that was Julian Cohl, stopping close to the face of a student. The gave a little yelp and froze solid, shocked at what had just happened, "know where people are around you." He said as he removed Julian away from the shocked student, "We are working in limited space, so we're just going to work on the basics." Dehx let out a little groan, hoping Tristan wouldn't hear it. When there was no response, Dehx knew he was safe.

After Clare finished cleaning off Zack's face, she set about putting it back together.
    "Do I dare ask exactly how this happened?" Clare asked, not taking her eyes away from her delecate task.
    "I'd rather you didn't, it's rather embarassing." Zack said, wanting to look away slightly, but didn't want to upset her work.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:52 am

Chloe happily watches the demonstrations performed by Tristian and Julian. Though she's anxious to get a little "play time" in herself, she's quite happy to watch two of her favourite teachers show-off a few of their own moves first. And it isn't too long before it's time to join in anyway.

"Okay guys, let's see whattcha got." Tristian says, urging the students to get up and have a go themselves.

Both classes raise themselves from their seated positions, and most of them pair off, or group off, with their friends and battle partners. And most of the weapons transform immidiantly. Some of the others, mainly in the weapon/weapon pairs, discuss who's going to take the role of meister first.

Dehx and Chloe however, have yet to even say a word to eachother since standing-up. Chloe begins to wander-off, finding a space for them to practise in. But all of Dehx's wandering is going on with his head instead of his body as he notices Chandler's lack of partner.

Tristian approaches Chandler, with Julian changing back into this human form to stand beside him, to enquire as to his weapon preferences, in order to help find him a suitable weapon - for the purposes of training with today, if possible, and to help him in finding a more permanant partner at some point in the future, again, if possible.

Ever since the "events" of earlier, Dehx's mind had been jumping back and fourth onto the subject of Chandler and Chloe. And the fact that Chandler seems to have an "opening" for a partner, only makes Dehx's mind wander further as his gaze eventually finds Chloe, who's staring right back over in his direction with a slightly confused look on her face.

But suddenly, her eyes snap wide as a strange and powerful sensation seems to hit every one of her senses at once. It seemed to hit her in her Solar Plexus, with a massive thump, and then, just as quickly, spread through-out her entire being.

"Did you feel that?" She asks, as she quickly turns round, facing away from everyone else, back towards the trees, her voice trembling without her realizing.

There's nothing there, but it had felt, for some reason, to come from somewhere around that kind of direction, and the calm breeze has suddenly turned extremly windy, and somehow, heavy. And though the initially overwhelming sensation has mostly gone, she still fels incredably unsettled and uncomfortable. Something's coming...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:15 am

Dehx forgot his confusion almost completely when a new sensation came over him. He looked in the direction of the presence he felt. He barely heard Chloe say something over the howl of the wind.
    "Yes; I can feel it." Dehx said without really know why. He looked on in silence, concentration creasing his brow. For a few moments, he saw nothing but the trees. He looked back at Julian, Tristan and Chandler.
    "Julian." Dehx called over the wind.
    "What is it?" Julian called back as he approached Dehx.
    "I think we're going to have a problem, here. Did you want me to go back to Shibusen and let people know in case we need help?" Dehx asked.
    "But what about Chloe?" Julian replied, confusion setting into his voice.
    "From what I've seen, she'll be fine with Chandler." Dehx said in a ways that almost sounded jealous. Dehx obviously wasn't happy with it.
    "Go, be quick." Julian said as he looked round towards the treeline. Dehx didn't hang around for a single moment. He didn't need to turn round to know what had emerged from the trees; it was a witch. He quickened his pace.

Zack finally got his excuse to look away. Fortunately, Clair had finished stitching up his face.
    "What is it?" Clair asked as she noticed Zack's expression of intent.
    "Something doesn't feel right." Zack said before falling silent for a few moment's, "It's probably just nothing." He said as he looked back round at Clair.
    "I shoud've known you were just stalling." She joked.
    "Alright, fine; you win. Dehx used my face as a surfboard, only the pavement was his wave. Are you happy now?" Zack snapped before jumping off the bed and walking over towards the window. The feeling remained.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 pm

"Everybody step back and get ready!" Tristian calls as the witch finally shows herself, rising-up from the trees, suspended in mid-air by what seem to be bird-like wings - obviously a product of her magic.

Her hat also has bird-like features, with a smal beak at the front, small wings on either side, and even the hat's steeple is made up of three seperate sections that seem to resemble a bird's tail. Even her hair matches her black and white attire, suggesting her animal theme is probably that of a magpie.

"Everyone, over here!" Julian calls, noticing the students were still spread-out far too much, even after Tristian's earlier request. "Stay together!"

Most of students make their way further back, weapons in-hand, behind their teachers. Some of them try edging forward without being noticed, itching to fight. And with this amount of students to watch-over, at the same time as keeping an eye on the witch, and being ready for whatever trouble she brings, Tristian and Julian have a hard task on their hands. There's just too many bodies to watch all at once. And some students, are still spread-out! Including Chloe, whom Julian runs forward to collect.

"Stay back! Only fight if you have to!" Tristian orders the students, before running after Julian.

"Can you see it?" Julian asks Chloe as he reaches her, knowing she'd never been able to see souls before, and seeing the huge soul of a witch for the first time can be incredibly frightening.

"No..." She answers, trying hard, but seeing nothing. "But I can feel it..."

"We don't have time for this!" Tristian interrupts, taking Julian's wrist.

"Stay back with the others." Julian tells Chloe, before changing into his weapon form.

Chloe steps back a few paces, before pausing again and looking all-around for her brother.

"Dehx!?" She calls out for him, but can't see him anywhere.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 pm

'The one thing I absolutely suck at.... reading souls... then again.... I'm too much of a freak anyway...' Chandler thought as he followed the conversation. "But if people can feel a witch, doesn't that mean they are at full power..." Quickly, Chandler wished Dehx hadn't left his sister alone, it would only serve to set her in a worse frame of mind. Something Chandler wanted less than anything.... except for being crowded in a small room with a lot of meisters... that would suck. He moved forward, placing himself in front of the students and where the teachers had moved to. He stood just ahead of Chloe and looked over his shoulder at her. "Your brother headed to Shibusen to warn of it, Ms Tabit. Can you please go and get the students together, making it easier for the teachers to watch them? Can you do that, Chloe?" He asked, his voice having a small hint of re-assurance. 'Giving her something to do will hopefully take her mind of the feeling of the witch.... guess I'm lucky in that respect...'
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Chloe takes a look around at all the other students... there's so many of them.

"They'll never listen to me..." She sighs, but her disheartened expression turns into something else. "Dammit!" She frowns as she balls her fists - how is she supposed to fight without a partner!?

Though she's not sure it'll even work, she doesn't want things to be harder than they already are, so she sets about organizing the students. Or rather, she bugs others into organzing the students, asking a few people she knows, one by one, if they'll help gather students into the same area. Many hands make light work - or something like that.

In any case, whilst the others carry out Chloe's request - or at least try to, she takes the chance to get back her original spot, where she can see the battle, and make an attempt at helping, even without her brother.

"I'll do it myself!" She says to herself, running forward.

"Wait!" Chandler calls, grabbing her shoulder and stopping her. "Something's not right. Why hasn't she attacked us yet?"
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:30 am

Dehx ran for Shibusen as fast as he could. The presence behind him still present. He stopped and turned back towards it. He debating running back towards it, but realised he had gone further than h had thought. Shibusen wasn't too much further. He resumed his course with all haste.

Zack turned back from the window. He went over to the sink and, consequently, the mirror. He looked at the stitches on some major cuts and then at the rest of his face.
    "They'll heal, you know. You may end up with some scarring, but nothing too severe." Clair said as she watched him study his features.
    "We'll see." Zack said coldly, "So how's things with you?" he asked with unexpected delight as he turned to face her.
    "As much as I enjoy your visit, Zack; if there's nothing else, then I really must get back to work." Clair said with a giggle.
    "Fair enough. I'll be out of your way, then. Tell the family I said hello." He said as he walked towards the door.
    "I'll do that." Clair replied as she went back to work.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Mon May 04, 2009 4:35 am

Tristian leaves the group of students, running forward and making his way towards the witch, who still floats high above them. Tristian's approach catches her eye, but after an initial glance, she seems to pay no more attention to him.

As he stands there with Julian in-hand, looking up at her, it's obvious she's more concerned with the students than anything else. And that's when it comes... a second glance towards to the teachers, accompanied with a small, yet clearly evil, smirk.

"Dammit!" Tristian yells, figuring her plans. "Julian!"

"Got it!" Julian replies.

"Scatter!" Chandler yells to the other students, as he too figures the witch's plan.

"Soul Resonance!" Tristian and Julian call together, uniting their souls in order to gain more power.

Quickly, Tristian swings Julian, creating and throwing a large wave of soul energy up towards the witch in an attempt to stop her. And eventhough it hits, sending her falling to the ground, their attempt to stop her initial attack comes too late. She's already fired-off her own attack, and a deadly beam of magical energy is heading right for the group of students!
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Tue May 05, 2009 12:25 am

"SCATTER!" Chandler yells again, trying to make sure everyone in earshot understands just how fast they should be moving. Still gripping Chloe's arm, "Weapon, now." came Chandler's instruction. Already beginning to lift her up, she changes into a double-ended pole-arm with dagger-like blades on the ends as Chandler places himself between the ray of energy and Chloe, now stuck into the ground. Under his breath, Chandler leaned next to Chloe in weapon form and said, "No matter what, Chloe Tabit, I will not see Shibusen students ........" The beam struck as he was about to finish, beginning to tear at his back with the sheer power of the blast, Chandlers scream reaching pitches unimaginable. The pain robbed him of his reasoning and self-awareness for what seemed a long time, the black blood not so quick to dull the pain.

Tristian turns to the blood curdling scream to find a student still in the clearing, the bolt of energy causeing obvious damage to their back. Black spots began to appear on the ground near the student. "Is it just me or is that..." He starts.
    "Chandler..." Julian finishes.
    "Oh crap.... we have to finish this before he gets up. Who knows what he will do..." Stated Tristian and he spun around, sweeping Julian, as the steel bo staff, in a wide arc around him, attempting to catch the rising witch. Instead he only cause air, finding the witch standing on the end of his staff. Pulling the staff towards him, Trisian brings his foot up and drives it into the witches stomach, sending her hurtling backwards into a large tree. Running forward, Tristian turns his back on the vertically challenged witch and swings the bo staff around him, to the left, then to the right and finally taking a step away from the witch, spins around and brings the staff right over his head, scraping it down the trunk and towards the witch's waiting head.

The world slowly came into focus for Chandler. He noticed his hands around a weapon, a long weapon stuck into the ground. That slight tilt of his head sent fresh pain coursing through his strained system.
    And he laughed.
    He laughed until he felt as though his sides would split. His smile looking almost as though it stretched ear to ear. He laughed as he slowly and excruciatingly got up, standing with a hand wrapped around the shaft. His back was plastered with the black blood, now solidified to create the same tissue as what should have been there. Only the skin had been burned away before the blood had hardened, saving the musculature and large blood vessels. Chandler's eyes burned in their sockets, an unnatural light flaring inside them. His grip tightened and he let out a shattering howl, akin to that of a wolf at hunt. The shaft of Chloe in weapon form was visibly vibrating. The howl died out and Chandler stared straight into the brush, still needing something more than just a general direction before confronting the person who hurt him so badly.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 am

"Chandler!!" Chloe yelps as the beam of energy hits him.

Chandler's screams are painful to listen to, but obviously nothing compared to what he must be feeling. Chloe tries desperatly to change back into her human form, so that she can move again and at least try to offer some kind of support. But she finds herself unable to transform, it's as if something has tight hold of her and won't let her move. All she can do is watch as the beam pours onto him continuessly, for what seems like the longest time, until there's finally nothing left of the witch's attack.

"Chandler!!" She cries out, but seems to get no responce.

After a brief moment of silence, Chandler begins to laugh. And with his laughter comes a strange sensation within Chloe's soul. Her heart begins to beat just that little bit faster, and as Chandler suddenly lets out a shattering howl, her heart-rate quickens evenmore so, racing now.

Every inch of Chloe's soul trembles as Chandler's massive energy serge flows vilently through her. Though it's difficult to pinpoint what makes her react in such a way. Perhaps it's simply from this incredible power alone. It's most power than she's ever felt within herself, and it's difficult to handle, already showing signs that staying in this state could become painful.

And at the same time, her soul trembles from her own emotions. The shear amount of power Chandler holds within him frightens her. She's never seen anything like this before. But at the same time, the rush of energy is amazing and exciting! This could be fun!!
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Tue May 05, 2009 10:36 am

The bo staff crashed into the ground scant centimeters from the twisting witch. Tristian spun around, bringing a leg up only to be caught by the witch and then brought the staff around. Somewhere in those few seconds, the witch mumbled, her hand ablaze as she pushed Tristian back with the force of a cannon.

Darkness pervaded within Chandlers head. "Someone, please...." His cries has gone unheard since he first lost consciousness from the blast of the witch. "I hate being here... I hate not having my body.... someone... anyone... sedate me...."

There it was, the essence of magic his senses had been waiting for, that which detailed someone of awesome strength aided by magic, a witch! He moved at once, barely touching the ground, every ounce of black blood except that covering his back in liquid form, making him much faster. Speeding through the trees, he collided with something flying through the air. Immediately, the black blood coursing through his system left the veins and solidified, adding significant weight. Very quickly, he slowed and found it to be Tristian and Julian. Regarding them for a mere second, the black blood liquefied again and sped off. "No get away, no get away, no get away, YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY!" Came a yell from deep within, shattering the fake peace of the forest.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue May 05, 2009 11:12 am

"Amazing..." Chloe gasps as she notices the black blood in action.

"Chandler, STOP!" Tristian yells as Chandler speeds away, continuing on his course for the witch.

"We've gotta stop him before things get any worse." Julian comments.

"This isn't gonna end well." Tristian groans as he gives chase.

As Chandler reaches his goal, he swings Chloe round with incredible force. The witch attempts to block the attack, mumbling a quick spell to help shield herself, but even her power isn't enough. Though her quick shielding keeps her from death, it doesn't stop Chandler's attack sending her flying.

Chandler doesn't let-up. He chases after the witch as she tumbles across the woodland floor, only stopping when she eventually bumps into the base of a tree.

Dazed, the witch once again has little time to react as Chandler charges towards her. But instead of landing an easy final blow, he swings his own leg round, booting the witch in the head and sending her flying again.

Chloe suddenly changes into her dagger form - without a spoken command from Chandler, or even her own efforts. It's as if he simply willed it, and the change was forced.

Again, he chases after her, and this time uses Chloe is a series of fast, short, slices. It would have been easy enough for him to completely sever a limb, or even slit the witches throat at this point in time. But that's not what he wants right now.

Though his ultimate goal is to destroy the witch, it's obvious he intends on inflicting as much pain on her as possible first.

"Chandler... stop..." Chloe tries to call out, almost breathless as his powers overwhelm her.

The longer the fight drags on, the less excited and the more frightened and exhausted Chloe becomes. Determind, she tries to hold on, in the hope he'll end it soon, saving everyone from the witch. Her body and soul ache. It's as though she's being crushed-in from the outside, bursting-out from the inside, and torn apart just about everywhere - all at the same time.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Tue May 05, 2009 11:46 am

"Ch....ler ....op..." Come a weak cry through Chandler's shattered mind. He looked down to the dagger that was Chloe and found the vibrating was becoming more of a shaking on it's own accord. He looked back up to the witch and enjoyed the look of pain on her face. "I think its about time you understand what it is like to have every fibre of your being screaming in agony, witch, to cross the threshold where reason fades and madness begins." He said, perfectly calm, his grin still in place. He took the dagger and cut along his hand, the edge of his hand, from the side of the wrist up to the tip of the middle finger, over the thumb and index finger and then back down the other side. As the black blood slid out, he willed it to harden, giving a sharp edge like a halo around his hand. He looked at the dagger again, wiped his own blood off it and threw it into a tree behind him. Then with painstaking sloth, he bent down, grabbed the witch by the throat and raised her to his level, hanging limply. "No witty remarks, no animal jokes, nothing to signify the end of your life..... pitiful..." He said, sliding his other hand into the witches side,
    Spoiler:

Withdrawing it, Chandler moved off, leaving Chloe shaken and stuck in a tree, students in a clearing behind him and a stricken Tristian and Julian, watching.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Tue May 05, 2009 12:12 pm

Julian swiftly returns to his human form, rushing over and pulling Chloe from the tree. The instant she's free, she too returns to her human form, and her limp body falls into Julian's arms as he kneels with her. She struggles to open her eyes, and even tries to speak, but hardly a sound leaves her lips, completely exhaused and aching like crazy.

"We need to go." Julians says, looking to Tristian, who still has his eyes firmly on Chandler.

"What about him?" Tristian asks, still not taking his eyes off Chandler.

Julian just shakes his head, not knowing what to do for the best. He'd been informed about Chandler's situation, but dealing with it was alot harder than he'd thought.

"Got it." Tristian replies, before running off to gather-up the other students in order to take them back to Shibusen.

Julian lifts Chloe as he stands-up himself, her eyes closed and her body almost lifeless now as she lays there unconscious. Julian takes another look in Chandler's direction, before turning away and following the others back to Shibusen.
    Rickettz
    Rickettz

Post by Rickettz Tue May 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Just as the body walked away, Chandler walked in his own mind. "The rage has subsided either the witch is dead... or someone who got in the way.... NO, Chloe... please not her, I should have pushed her away instead of using her as support...
    Chojin
    Chojin

Post by Chojin Wed May 06, 2009 3:16 am

After what seemed like ages, Dehx finally made it back to Shibusen. He ran up the steps where he had been sitting earlier, and caught sight of where he and Zack had fought earlier. The thought of Zack's face being grated by the floor made him shudder. He wondered what had come over him. He didn't stop and made it inside.

The halls of Shibusen seemed rather empty. It seemed that most of the classes were out doing some sort of exercise. There was not a single member of staff to be found in the first few rooms. As he approached the corner to the nurses office, he almost ran straight into Zack.
    'Oh god; here we go again' He thought to himself as he braced for another attack.

"Why the rush?" Zack said as thoughts of the earlier fight went through his mind. Dehx didn't say anything; he was too busy looking at the stitches that looked like they were holding his face together.
    "Admiring your handy work?" Zack said sarcastically getting Dehx's attention.
    "Uh... sorry. Look, whatever you're going to do, I haven't got time for it, Tristan and Julian's classes are being attacked by a witch. They might nee..." Dehx said as he was interrupted.
    "A witch?" Zack said a bit too enthusiastically at the chance of a challenge against a witch.
    "Yes; a witch. I came back to warn everyone." Zack thought for a moment and sighed heavily. For all his faults, Zack knew that now would not be the time for his usual anttics.
    "I haven't fought a witch since..." Zack said quietly to himself under his breath as he started to drift into thought.
    "huh...!?" Dehx said suprised at what he thought he heard.
    "Nothing... wait here." Zack said as he reversed his direction and headed back towards the nurses office.

He pushed the door open and headed inside.
    "Zack, I told you last time to knock." Clair said without looking up.
    "This is more important than last time." He said with a serious tone. This got her attention, "there's a witch attacking Tristan and Jullian's classes." He explained.
    "A witch? How do you know?" Clair asked.
    "Dehx just told me." Zack replied.
    "Dehx told you?" She repeated in confusion.
    "Listen, we don't have time for questions. I'm going back with Dehx; I want you to get word out here." Zack said as he started back out of the room.
    "Ok, but Zack," She said as he stopped and turned back, "Be careful, you don't want a repeat, do you?" Clair said. Zack turned a smiled at her.
    "You worry too much." He said as he left the office.
    Fizzie
    Fizzie

Post by Fizzie Wed May 06, 2009 4:20 am

Tristian and Julian run through the woods with their students, trying to get them back to Shibusen as quickly as possible... leaving Chandler behind, at least for now. Given the current situation, neither teacher can be sure Chandler won't end-up turning on them and the others. It's important to get the students out of harm's way, and get back Chloe to the nurse's office.

Dealing with Chandler will have to wait. And neither of them even know how to handle him in his present state... not without going all-out and possibly killing him. And that's not an option.

This might prove to be something only Lord Shinigami can deal with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:32 pm